Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cforcoldplay)
    Omg this is what i put but everyone's going on about electropherosis and i keep kicking myself 😖
    Did it mention it in the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    what did people say for the compound similar to nicotine being safe for humans it was the very last question
    That was a tough one

I said that insects and humans are greatly genetically different, so the insecticide will have harmful effect to insects but harmless to humans

Lol, dunno fam. 1 mark though :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How nicotin something is transported to fruit? From roots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey7695)
    i put the conc was too low to cause any harm
    Yeah I said the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocbrownie)
    How nicotin something is transported to fruit? From roots?
    By mass flow in phloem and as solute in xylem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    I put insight learning

The racoom had to think how it could open the tin and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by games211)
    yeah but in the book doesn't the ape learn to get the banana by using the baskets to climb on oh acc your right loooooool
    There's so much debate between the two I have a feeling they'll accept both.

The idea of insight learning is the idea it'll be put into a new situation and will be able to figure out how to adapt the situation to recieve a reward, hence insight is correct in one way.
    However, the only past experience the raccoon would have ever had with a bin lid is on another bin, so he's not drawing on familiarity with lids and bins separately and using insight to deduce that no lid on bin = food, he's learnt that pushing the lid off the bin (past on exact past experience, as bins mostly look the same) = food, so it's operant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    There's so much debate between the two I have a feeling they'll accept both.

The idea of insight learning is the idea it'll be put into a new situation and will be able to figure out how to adapt the situation to recieve a reward, hence insight is correct in one way.
    However, the only past experience the raccoon would have ever had with a bin lid is on another bin, so he's not drawing on familiarity with lids and bins separately and using insight to deduce that no lid on bin = food, he's learnt that pushing the lid off the bin (past on exact past experience, as bins mostly look the same) = food, so it's operant.
    fair although ur reasoning sounds more correct

lool ocr are jokes why is the sampling wrong but why is it right? looooool what was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    yeah but in the book doesn't the ape learn to get the banana by using the baskets to climb on oh acc your right loooooool
    I thought it was insight because its still a learned behaviour. Once they work it out they remember it so have learned how to do it in the future so they can do it again

ReputationRep:
    For the similarities between plants and animals I put about target cells and they are both used as a response to changes in the internal environment????????
    does that even make sense lool wot?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the 3 marker about the flies after the chi squared ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZQ110)
    same put insight
    Raccoons don't leanr through insight, that's the highest form of learning associated with very developed animals, and I wouldn't say a raccoon had enough of a cerebral cortex to do so.

ReputationRep:
    fair although ur reasoning sounds more correct

lool ocr are jokes why is the sampling wrong but why is it right? looooool what was the answer?
    Was that the elk question? I said the hunter data was correct because it was via legal means, so they probably had to declare their elk killed. However, elk killed relies on hunter skill, not abundance of elk, so it couldn't be used to estimate the population

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doryfor)
    For the similarities between plants and animals I put about target cells and they are both used as a response to changes in the internal environment????????
    does that even make sense lool wot?
    I put both have cell surface receptors and use a transport medium

ReputationRep:
    Is it Just me or is it difficult to gauge what specific answer they are looking for ?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry1996)
    That was my reasoning exactly, more individuals were effected in the A species so it had to be that one
    but it was about genetic drift which only affects small populations

ReputationRep:
    Was that the elk question? I said the hunter data was correct because it was via legal means, so they probably had to declare their elk killed. However, elk killed relies on hunter skill, not abundance of elk, so it couldn't be used to estimate the population
    could you have said that sampling was only a snapshot and other limiting factors needed to be considered

ReputationRep:
    I talked about there being other causes of death of the elk population so the number killed by hunting wouldn't be proportional to the estimated population

ReputationRep:
    why are plants more able to form clones or whatever

ReputationRep:
    how did something elk an example of conservation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    That was a tough one

I said that insects and humans are greatly genetically different, so the insecticide will have harmful effect to insects but harmless to humans

Lol, dunno fam. 1 mark though :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now I think of it this sounds more right I talked about low conc in plants and plant may break compound down

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.