Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, was just wondering whether anyone knows how to use the percentage key button on the ukcat calculator? I assumed it would be the same as how the windows calculator works but apparently not... Thanks in advance
    edit: It seems like the key works like it does on the medify calculator but when I got on the official one http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/tour/calc.htm

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any ways of definitely improving?? I've only used medify.com so far as lots of people recommended it even though it's kinda pricey. I've seen recommendations for 1000qs, kaplan and completemedguide.com but not sure if they're worth it and they're not mentioned as often as medify.com. I'm on a restricted budget so I'd rather not roll the dice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotsure)
    690 Average VR- 550 (I know....)QR- 790AR- 720SJT- Band 1What are my options? I feel that the 550 may cost me a lot.......Initially I was thinking KCL, Barts. But not sure anymore..... I`ve got good GCSE`s and strong A level predictions as well as a fair bit of extracurricular. Suggestions are appreciated, also any questions regarding how useful medify mocks are etc, PM me.
    as an undergrad you are fine. If you have a strong tariff then you can apply to barts.

ReputationRep:
    Maths is a massive weakness for me , I'm currently scoring 670 plus on both AR and VR in practices and mocks but like 450 for the QR. Would anyone be able to provide me with some formulas that I can memorise and then write down on my white board? (Probably doesn't help I'm a graduate and haven't even looked at maths since I was 16)

ReputationRep:
    URGENT HELP NEEDED OMG someone please help me. My exam is tomorrow
    I cant remember what i got in official mock tests but I think high 500s/low600s
    Medify mock 1:VR-770QR-650AR-650
    SJT_Band 1

Medify Mock 2VR-600QR-630AR-700
    SJT-Band 2

Medify Mock 3VR-570 QR-600
    AR-730
    SJT-Band 2

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!! I really wanted a score of 700 avg and it doesnt look like I'm gonna get. My QR is particularlybad and my VR is all over the place. Sometimes I'm super happy and other times I flop. Please help me

ReputationRep:
    What are people averaging on VR Medify practice questions? Stuck on 55% for a while now and it's bugging me because it doesn't even seem like anything's improving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedApp16)
    Does anyone know any ways of definitely improving?? I've only used medify.com so far as lots of people recommended it even though it's kinda pricey. I've seen recommendations for 1000qs, kaplan and completemedguide.com but not sure if they're worth it and they're not mentioned as often as medify.com. I'm on a restricted budget so I'd rather not roll the dice.
    Sup. What area are you struggling with in particular? I think that will help decide what resources are best because they all have pros and cons.

I've personaly used the complete med guide, medify and 1000q and so far I feel they do a good job alongisde each other. Tips and questions side by side. For me they are all worth the money cos medify kinda has non existent tips which the complete gudie covers. But complete med guide doesn't really have questions.... I haven't sat the real thing yet though so who knows haha. If you want i can send you some links to free practice questions but id stick with legit resources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    What are people averaging on VR Medify practice questions? Stuck on 55% for a while now and it's bugging me because it doesn't even seem like anything's improving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm on 72.6% after finishing all the stems but I'm still not absolutely amazing at it so I still have work to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best advice I can give: Stop looking up at the clock, do what it is doing. Keep going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoemccarthy34)
    URGENT HELP NEEDED OMG someone please help me. My exam is tomorrow
    I cant remember what i got in official mock tests but I think high 500s/low600s
    Medify mock 1:VR-770QR-650AR-650
    SJT_Band 1

Medify Mock 2VR-600QR-630AR-700
    SJT-Band 2

Medify Mock 3VR-570 QR-600
    AR-730
    SJT-Band 2

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!! I really wanted a score of 700 avg and it doesnt look like I'm gonna get. My QR is particularlybad and my VR is all over the place. Sometimes I'm super happy and other times I flop. Please help me
    I haven't taken my test yet but since it's urgent I'll help as best I can. So I've been reading this thread a lot and apparently the QR is a lot easier in the real thing and your QR in mocks is looking fine I'm sure you'll improve with the real thing. As for VR all you can do now is relax and know you've practiced as hard as you can. VR has been hard for pretty much everyone it seems, so best thing to do tomorrow is to remain calm and not panic as that will use up your time. Have faith in yourself and always flag time the hard ones and that alone will help you so much! I'm sure you'll do fine just try and relax and have a bath etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I'm on 72.6% after finishing all the stems but I'm still not absolutely amazing at it so I still have work to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was this on the timed practice or the untimed one. I just got medify today and I was doing the untimed one and was doing well but then tried untimed and I'm getting like 60 percent right most of the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Was this on the timed practice or the untimed one. I just got medify today and I was doing the untimed one and was doing well but then tried untimed and I'm getting like 60 percent right most of the time
    oh dont worry this was on my practice analysis or whatever so a mix of timed and untimed but if it was untimed i would still do it as fast as possible!

ReputationRep:
    HELP! my score keeps dropping and i need to keep it up!!! i dont know what went wrong!

ReputationRep:
    For people that have done their UKCAT test, is the AR section harder/easier/same as the official UKCAT mocks. I'm only asking these bc people say that the QR section is easier in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    For people that have done their UKCAT test, is the AR section harder/easier/same as the official UKCAT mocks. I'm only asking these bc people say that the QR section is easier in the real thing.
    Same. VR a little harder

ReputationRep:
    EEEEKKK - I just did the medify mock 3 and got an average of 616 :eek: MY EXAM IS TOMORROW. Someone please tell me that mock was meant to be slightly harder

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot better than being on 55% though. Just gotta rely on the marking in the actual exam being more generous I guess lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    A lot better than being on 55% though. Just gotta rely on the marking in the actual exam being more generous I guess lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you're asking for a lot considering what everyone's said lol 😂 so worried I'll come out with 500 or something so when I revise VR I start wondering what the point is anyway if it's still going to throw me off 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have 3 weeks left till my exam... should i start doing the time trials on medify??

ReputationRep:
    oh dont worry this was on my practice analysis or whatever so a mix of timed and untimed but if it was untimed i would still do it as fast as possible!
    Ahh I just checked mine I've done a mix of all the sections and I've got around 55 to 61% that's for timed practice so idk if that's good :/ could be better in abstract but keep running out of time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.