The Playstation 3 Society III Watch

This discussion is closed.
spikeymike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
Have you updated GT5? Do you know what's in the update?
Yeah I just got it when my bro was to about to play it. 608MB?!

Probably standard cars upgraded to premium... our free xmas cars too?
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)

There's tons of stuff. Back up game save is the biggest for me though. Such a needed feature.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)

Me too :shh:
Do you still actively play it? Or has it been laid to rest in a coffin?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found you. Last played 16/12/2010
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The Online Collector's Dealership is brilliant. Just loaded it up and there's a Formula GT sitting there for 4.9 million credits. I should be able to get the German Touring Car Champs done now.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know how true this is as I've just downloaded the patch and haven't played yet but from GT Planet:

Spoiler:
Show

Servers are up, seasonal events are:

Bonus Race no. 1

Fiat 500 Tsukuba 5 laps - total prize fund 200,000 / exp 15,000
Honda CR-Z Tokyo Route 246 5 laps - total prize fund 250,000 / exp 25,000
Mazda RX-7 Deep Forest 5 laps - total prize fund 300,000 / exp 40,000
Dodge Challenger RT Indy Road Course 5 laps - total prize fund 750,000 / exp 75,000
Nissan GT-R (493bhp limit) SSR5 5 laps - total prize fund 1,00,000 / exp 100,000

Time Trial no. 1
197 bhp FWD / Cape Ring Inside - sports medium tyres
246 bhp RWD / Rome City - sports medium tyres

Drift Trial no. 1
Tsukuba - comfort/soft tyres
Eiger Norwand - comfort/soft tyres

Online Dealership links to this, providing 'useful' cars for online, A-spec and B-spec racing.

As with all special events, you only get the prize money and XP once.
That is some excellent prize money
spikeymike
Rep:
?
The Online Collector's Dealership is brilliant. Just loaded it up and there's a Formula GT sitting there for 4.9 million credits. I should be able to get the German Touring Car Champs done now.
What's this?
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's this?
New place to buy cars. Quite rare ones too. Picked up an Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 first go.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UPDATE NOTICE:

Update Notice (1.05)

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

Online Dealership
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the used car dealership.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Driving Distance and Number of wins in Online Races
The driving distance and number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in Open lobby or My lounge will now affect your stats in Profile and the Garage. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within GT Life

Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in Both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT mode- GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. This applies until the end of January 2011. This is a great chance for those who were previously have difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Race Information Display
Is now available in the Start-Quick Options. You can also see this in Race Display in Options.

Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details please refer to the in-game Manual

Personal BGM (menu)
From [options]-[hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the Personal BGM (menu). This can also be accessed from the Music Library within GT Mode.

Car Name Change
The official name of the "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010"

Integration within the website
THe main features within GT Mode - Community can now be accessed through the "Gran-Turismo.com Official Website.

Important Note
We have made improvements to the Log within GT Mode - Community section,
in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign into the Playstation Network when you play the game.
Going to find the highest paying ones and get some extra before it goes back down.
spikeymike
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Stig)
UPDATE NOTICE:

Going to find the highest paying ones and get some extra before it goes back down.
:yep: Just read that.

I would recommend the Daytona one in Like The Wind cup in Expert. Easy money for 4mins work, currently 70K for 1st place (not boosted yet).
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:yep: Just read that.

I would recommend the Daytona one in Like The Wind cup in Expert. Easy money for 4mins work, currently 70K for 1st place (not boosted yet).
I haven't done that one yet. I've progressed through expert very quickly, only have three events to do but one of those is the Historic Event :unsure:... which hopefuly with this new patch should be a bit easier to complete.
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The best race for grinding money is the the Indy race in American Championships. It used to be 98k for 4 minutes work but has been upped to 117k for 4 minutes work.
wizardtop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brotherhood)
Uncharted 2 and FIFA 11.
Thanks for the Playstation 3 game suggestions,Brotherhood.This months Ps3 magazine does say both games are highly regarded so i might decided to buy rather both games or buy Uncharted2.I also appreciate the advice
spikeymike
Rep:
?
The best race for grinding money is the the Indy race in American Championships. It used to be 98k for 4 minutes work but has been upped to 117k for 4 minutes work.
:gah: Pity I didn't know this earlier, already played GT5 4hrs today... oh well back on it after dinner.

Edit:
Wouldn't have minded a multi-car buy function.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The like the wind race is in Extreme isn't, as it's not in expert?

That Time Trial looks awesome but I don't have any suitable cars nor are there any in the dealership.
kuks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
yeh i drove, just before the snow luckily, pointless getting a plane when i live 45 mins away from there
And you don't need a visa :sigh:
spikeymike
Rep:
?

That Time Trial looks awesome but I don't have any suitable cars nor are there any in the dealership.
Yeah Extreme, I keep doing a Roobsa. :mmm:
C-BRO
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
humz2
Report 7 years ago
Haven't played PS3 for a good 6 months now

How you all been keepin?
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Look for the RX8 - 245-246bhp.

Don't do an oil change, get a rear spoiler, sports medium, stage 1 weight reduction.

And you're good to go.
Ape Gone Insane
Report 7 years ago
Sony is offering rentals to PlayStation Network members this Christmas.

From December 24 - 26, Nativity and Black Christmas will be available as free rentals. In addition to the free movies, various "blockbusters" will be on sale for half off, including Kick-Ass, The Hulk, Zombieland, and The International.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/20/pl...liday-rentals/
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (124)
18.48%
No (406)
60.51%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.01%

Watched Threads