Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    it was so bad:cry2:it was soooo bad:nooo:
    But as I've blocked it out, it's okay, because it doesn't exist!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Gah next saturday is going to be epic, the excitement is real! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yum::yum::woo::woo::woo:
    shweet! thanks for the reminder, I've been avoiding all the teasers because they'll only lead to high expectations..

(Original post by yelllowribbon)
    I still remember being shocked at what a **** episode that was
    yeah it's not something i'll want to watch again anytime soon
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aula)
    But as I've blocked it out, it's okay, because it doesn't exist!
    just because you've convinced yourself, doesn't mean it doesn't exist:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverybodyLies04)
    I went to see the first 2 episodes of the new series in Cardiff the other night at the BAFTA event.
    No spoilers but I will just say that they are brilliant. Everything I wanted in an episode. Bigger, more cinematic and the 2 parter works really well.
    They are writing for Capaldi much better now (and others tbh) and if this is the start of the series then it looks like it's going to be great.
    It felt like a series finale. Few epic and hilarious scenes.
    I met Capaldi afterwards as well
    It is of course better watching the 2 parter together but it finishes and picks up brilliantly for each episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That actually makes me quite hopeful about the new season. I hated last season and it was mainly due to the focus being on Clara so I'm happy to see the show reverting its focus to the actual protagonist that is the doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh I'm excited! Even though I know it's going to be crap. I miss the Clara from Series 7 :sad: And.. I miss the fabulous Matt Smith (:love:) ... wish Moffat would just leave so Capaldi can shine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    just because you've convinced yourself, doesn't mean it doesn't exist:mmm:
    :hand:

However, as in my consciousness it does not exist, it doesn't matter to me! :awesome:

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    And.. I miss the fabulous Matt Smith (:love:)

ReputationRep:
    ^ This haha.
    Apologies for not putting the episode titles as a spoiler!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Four days! :woo:

(Original post by EverybodyLies04)
    I am!! He talked about guitars, it was very cool and rather surreal lol.
    I think there is a video of the guitar question kicking about.
    Yeah, I've seen it

I've got a pic of where I am in the audience.
    From the right, front row, 4 seats in. I'm from Scotland too but I had to go down for it (I am that sad haha) Attachment 461355
    So, you're female?

ReputationRep:
    I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Interesting prequel. It's a shame studios can't keep secrets any more though, we all know who is being discussed - don't mention as we may have people who don't know.

Also seems Clara is going at Christmas and River Song is back (at which point in her timeline will be more interesting).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34266847
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lustawny)
    totally agree! Matt Smith was awful imo

David was by far the best :heart:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Actually i really loved Matt Smith after a few episodes. I rather think that he was let down by Rory joining (can't stand these tag along characters) and the series moving towards drama rather than a fun jolly across time and space.

I'd have liked to see he and victorian Clara but the writers ruined that and he's left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Actually i really loved Matt Smith after a few episodes. I rather think that he was let down by Rory joining (can't stand these tag along characters) and the series moving towards drama rather than a fun jolly across time and space.

I'd have liked to see he and victorian Clara but the writers ruined that and he's left.
    I was hoping Oswin would be the companion (someone on his level intellectually but that would have been like having two Doctors) but I suppose it was a well played twist at the end of that episode. I do think the whole 'Impossible Girl' thing was a bit bloated (and they still never explained how they escaped the Doctor's time stream) and the whole Danny thing ended quite poorly.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting prequel. It's a shame studios can't keep secrets any more though, we all know who is being discussed - don't mention as we may have people who don't know.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also seems Clara is going at Christmas and River Song is back (at which point in her timeline will be more interesting).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34266847
    Nice spoilers...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Got a DW game thread running here, if anyone is interested
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Got a DW game thread running here, if anyone is interested
    Everyone should play it imo, it is the most awesome game onTSR

thank you shadowdweller for making a game as good as Blink
    :timewarp:i think everyone should time travel over there right now

I just re-watched The Time of the Doctor and yes, I really, really miss Matt Smith. He was the Doctor I would have liked to travel with. I find his final episode so sad, the music especially was gorgeous. That was also the last time I liked Clara, I found her so boring and not as pretty or fashionable after that. :sad:

I just think Matt was a tremendous actor overall. Miss you, 11. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    can you please edit this post and put the info in spoiler tags.
    I had managed to avoid this information.

It would be really nice if people would stick to the rules. It's even in the title of the thread :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.