Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    RG stands for Russel Group these are the top 20 unis in the UK
    No, they aren't.

There are 24 Unis in the Russel Group. There are also other unis outside of the RG that often rank higher than unis in the RG, such as St Andrew, Bath, Loughborough, Sussex and Leicester.

To give you an idea of what the RG is...

"The Russell Group is a collection of 24 leading UK universities. They aim to set a high standard of teaching and research, and it’s true that many of the universities take research very seriously indeed. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, the Russell Group produced 60% of the UK’s ‘world leading’ research."
    -
    http://www.allaboutcareers.com/caree...p-universities
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Awesome, tempted to give it a go but will need to read into it more.
    I've heard it's a 5000 word essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I bet they feel lonely, sitting on some dark, dusty shelves..... longing to be opened and compared to their superiors.
    We must get them! - mission accepted. :ninja:

(Original post by zed963)
    I doubt it.

I think they're on a database, waiting to be uploaded and then downloaded by the school and then printed which probably hasn't been done yet.
    Lazy schools. :mad:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    We must get them! - mission accepted. :ninja:

Lazy schools. :mad:
    Exam board won't upload it until Wednesday so it's not the school's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I've got 9 of my subjects with CCEA! Best exam board there is.
    Yeah I like the way they do their exams and controlled assessment. Whereabouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm pretty much straight A/A* in my subjects and people look at me like some freak of nature; all I do is work hard.

My preference is to go to UEA (Norwich) because I live quite close to it, and I like the city and I think I stand a good chance of meeting the entry criteria. I'm open to other options, but I've not really looked at many other places. I don't want to travel too far from home in case I don't like it and can't quickly escape!
    Made me smile
    Well, good luck! Never let other people's opinion of you and what they think you can achieve hold you back. And dont feel the need to go to UEA just because its the safe option. If you find a course you like better at another university, whose entry requirements are higher, set yourself a goal and go for it. If you don't reach it atleast you'll have no regrets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    Lol. There were like so many essay questions.Yes hopefully
    Are you doing economics at alevel?
    I am taking it for A Level! Are you? What else are you taking? By the way, good luck for your results

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is really worried about not getting x no. of A* grades it really doesn't matter if you don't.

I got my GCSE results last year and I got 1A* 5As 5Bs and a C when I was expecting nearly all A/A* and I knew I could achieve it so I was pretty upset. So this year I pulled my finger out and actually got some work done and on Thursday I got my AS results which was 5As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and General Studies. My UMS average was so much higher than I was expecting that I am now looking into applying to Cambridge for Economics.

So if any of you don't do as well as you were expecting next week, all is not lost!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Made me smile
    Well, good luck! Never let other people's opinion of you and what they think you can achieve hold you back. And dont feel the need to go to UEA just because its the safe option. If you find a course you like better at another university, whose entry requirements are higher, set yourself a goal and go for it. If you don't reach it atleast you'll have no regrets

UEA does medicine, that's the degree I want and the entry requirements are pretty high there. I always try and get as high grades as possible, but of course achieving them is another matter

ReputationRep:
    UEA does medicine, that's the degree I want and the entry requirements are pretty high there. I always try and get as high grades as possible, but of course achieving them is another matter
    If you set your mind to something, anything is possible. It's nice to see you have your future layed out-Good Luck in trying to achieve it

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.

ReputationRep:
    If you set your mind to something, anything is possible. It's nice to see you have your future layed out-Good Luck in trying to achieve it

Yes and to you. Great that you have such a positive outlook.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for your grade to be mis-printed wrong to your sheet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    If anyone is really worried about not getting x no. of A* grades it really doesn't matter if you don't.

I got my GCSE results last year and I got 1A* 5As 5Bs and a C when I was expecting nearly all A/A* and I knew I could achieve it so I was pretty upset. So this year I pulled my finger out and actually got some work done and on Thursday I got my AS results which was 5As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and General Studies. My UMS average was so much higher than I was expecting that I am now looking into applying to Cambridge for Economics.

So if any of you don't do as well as you were expecting next week, all is not lost!!!
    Great story! Well done for getting amazing AS grades!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes and to you. Great that you have such a positive outlook.
    I wouldn't say I have a positive outlook per say. If you met me in real life you'd probably say I was the most cynical, negative person you'd ever met.
    You seem like a nice user to talk to. How did you get the red gem, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thespontaneous1)
    Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.
    I did the OCR triple science exams, I didn't think the exams were too bad to be honest, did you?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I have a positive outlook per say. If you met me in real life you'd probably say I was the most cynical, negative person you'd ever met.
    You seem like a nice user to talk to. How did you get the red gem, if you don't mind me asking?

Probably because I started a thread moaning about people on here? Who knows!

To be fair I always look miserable too, but it's just a front!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    I've heard it's a 5000 word essay.
    On anything you want? (within reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleGeek12)
    I did the OCR triple science exams, I didn't think the exams were too bad to be honest, did you?
    Ah cool, i found P7 the hardest of the bunch if im honest but i revised less for that and more for C7. C7 and B7 were great exams and P7 was decent but i need to get 84 ums in that to be sure of an A* which seems decent but im crapping my pants. I also retook B123 and C456.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.