Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my final interview next Friday for a schools direct place through Manchester uni, I've got to do a 20 min teaching task with some students, a ten min presentation and a 30 min interview. So hard to get myself motivated when I already have an offer and there's only one available place for my subject which means I probably won't get it. Can't wait to get it all done so I can just accept a place and start looking forward to next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missR01)
    I've got Newcastle and Sunderland when are yours?
    Newcastle 23rd, sunderland 5th feb, you? the five min task for Newcastle seems daunting! I don't understand it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you recall roughly how long it took them to get back to you after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Kingston yet? My email was so vague it's made me worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview at glos tomorrow? Primary PGCE? I'm nervous!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, well done in yours too!
    I know I was just glad they weren't on the same day. I have a friend who has got 3 days of interviews! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Thank you, well done in yours too!
    I know I was just glad they weren't on the same day. I have a friend who has got 3 days of interviews! X
    In a way I'd prefer that! Because then I wouldn't have to do as much prep since you could prep for all three at once. Plus it gets them out of the way.

ReputationRep:
    Just had an unsuccessful from Chester because they couldn't rearrange my interview...

That is fair enough but I must admit that despite understanding they must be very busy, I've not been impressed with my communicationa when I've been in contact... They overlooked the fact I specified a whole week I was unavailable and haven't responded since I enquired if an alternative date was possible on 23rd December!

Two interviews at my two top choices next week though, excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Just had an unsuccessful from Chester because they couldn't rearrange my interview...

That is fair enough but I must admit that despite understanding they must be very busy, I've not been impressed with my communicationa when I've been in contact... They overlooked the fact I specified a whole week I was unavailable and haven't responded since I enquired if an alternative date was possible on 23rd December!

Two interviews at my two top choices next week though, excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is pretty bad communication and I wouldn't be impressed either. It must be annoying. I hope your other two interviews go well though! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview yesterday and just got an offer! :woo:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    I had an interview yesterday and just got an offer! :woo:.
    Very well done! What was your interview for? I've had 2 interviews so far, but they said it could take about 2 weeks to see on UCAS whether I have an offer or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Very well done! What was your interview for? I've had 2 interviews so far, but they said it could take about 2 weeks to see on UCAS whether I have an offer or not.
    The waiting game is the worst I had an interview before xmas which I'm still waiting for, and then one this week but he said we would hear next week.

I'm thinking that because I've been waiting so long for SHU (before xmas) maybe they have put me aside whilst they see other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Thank you .

It was a secondary MFL SCITT!

They told me yesterday they are pretty quick in contacting applicants so expect an email today or Monday!

Ooo good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamiic)
    Newcastle 23rd, sunderland 5th feb, you? the five min task for Newcastle seems daunting! I don't understand it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the Sunderland interview for Primary?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had group discussion/tasks at their interview? What sort of questions do they ask? - is it like asking you to discuss educational issues or talk about what qualities teachers should have or questions on the new curriculum?!?.

I'm not sure how to prepare for it!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at MMU yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been asked (228 pages is a lot to read through :P) But I have an interview for Secondary English School Direct next week. It involves a student panel interview as well as a staff one - a terrifying thought...does anyone have what kind of questions either the students or the staff might ask? I'm think the generic 'Why do you want to teach?' etc but want to try and be more prepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grant23)
    Interview tomorrow with the University of Glasgow for PGDE Business, nerves beginning to set in!
    Hey I had my interview for art today, we would have been in the same room for the writing and stuff probs! How did you feel it went? I thought the talk at the beginning was quite funny but thought it was a bit strange telling us the questions before we had them! And what did you think of the writing bit? Sorry all the questions ever! I feel really excited / scared for the response because I feel like ny interview went well but i think my brain fell out when I was writing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmanz212)
    Has anyone had group discussion/tasks at their interview? What sort of questions do they ask? - is it like asking you to discuss educational issues or talk about what qualities teachers should have or questions on the new curriculum?!?.

I'm not sure how to prepare for it!
    Yeah I have, I hated it! It will be things like qualities of a teacher or even discussing how you can use an object in the classroom. It varies, but I can't say too much because we aren't supposed to talk about specific interview tasks annoyingly. I don't think it will be educational issues though, that's probably more in the one to one. Don't take my work for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Has anyone had an interview at MMU yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me! I think we were at the same interview on Wednesday? How did you think it went? Have you heard anything yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.