Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    How can Hugby be real if our eyes aren't real?
    I can't see how you made that jump there...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know whether the kings offer holder open day lasts from 11-3 or whether you can go at any time between 11 and 3? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    cheeky cheeky...lol

But to defend other people who supported me (tuni and Flobie ) ... unis are creating a false impression and a glass ceiling with interviews.....They interview yet they don't give feedback...
    People go on interview courses and many have some way or another links to the admissions some how and find out....
    Most get in through this way ... MANY PEOPLE DO GET IN WITHOUT TRAINING ..( but if u do end up on a course u will realise how many people are actually coached... ) ... But then it leaves out people like me who believe in ideal society and don't go on these course.... Pretty naive really .....

Every time it is generic which is the same as reading the prospectus .....

It is grossly unfair and yet no one highlights these facts....

the only difference between me and a being a doc is this bloody interview ( I don't want to tempt fate though)
    You always get feedback if you apply for jobs in the real world post interviewing ..... And that helps as it is personalised .....

Yes to agree with you on a point I didn't clear the interview and people did ..which is fair enough ...
    But seriously there has to be feedback there so the person can improve...how can I improve if I don't know what I am doing wrong ... Clearly 2 unis rejected me so there must be something .....

And I have to jump through all the hoops again to have a 15 minute interview again.....and if by some miracle I get in how would I be a better doc when I get in compared to right now ...it is absurd really......

In all genuineness I remember the interview word for word and I don't think I really should not have been rejected at kings .... Bart's fair play but not king's ..... I probably was a bit to eager and serious ....but can you blame me... Yet the interview wants me to show I am cool guy after rejecting me??? That is the true irony....

thank god for the data protection act of 1998....I wish I used it last year ....and this act is so helpful ......

Though how silly it is for unis not give feedback as they can actually protect their interviews by giving personalised feedback rather than individuals using data protection ....

Anyways I am reject and you people are the ones with the offer but maybe that's the point .....

Why does everyone believe being competitive means being cut throat ... It is such a ludacris idea.. And yes I am a reject but I was very competitive during my degree or I would have got the grades I did get.... I didn't need to be rude or cut throat ....
    If someone doesn't have the calibre fair enough but you have to give them the right tools to show this ....
    There will be 1000s of experience you will have where you will get the idea that you have to cut throat to be competitive .... It's a way of people justifying their actions so a defence mechanism nothing else..... In the rare event ,it is a cut throat environment then it is the fault of the system of generating such a workforce..
    I compete on a regular basis with my friend for the same spots ...we are still the best of friends and even help each other ( or may be I am just plain weirdo lol) but sometimes we feel that we can't so we are pretty frank about those times.... This is quite rare though ...

References should really mean something when you interview in a limited time scale .......
    I am annoyed at Bart's for not reading my ps and reference at the interview ... Why did I write one... I should have just written bla bla bla.... And referee to say the same ....
    Kings I don't know ... It might not have been strong enough to give an offer straight away which was confirmed by the competitive score email. It it should not have been rejected.... Maybe I am in denial..

Ps this luv ballad isn't aimed at you.... I couldn't be bothered to write 2 separate messages Miel purple..... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just come back on this thread to find you haven't been able to get an offer. I am genuinely so sorry. I agree with you, UKCAT courses and interview courses are making it easier for people with more money to get into medical school rather than people with the right personality. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do.

It sounds wrong but I recommend you go on these courses to get into med school. The KAPLAN ukcat course secured many people a score in the high 700s and interview courses can tell you where your weaknesses lie (if the unis aren't prepared to tell you).

I know you'll be reluctant to do this but we can't change the medical school admissions system so we just have to be the person they want us to be - doesn't mean we will turn out being bad doctors because we know we're different.
    When speaking to junior doctors at work experience, many of them told me that getting into med school was the hardest part of their degree. So don't be disheartened.

There is also the option of going abroad.
    Charles University in Prague teach their course in English and their entrance exam is in May. The exam is not too hard either and the university is very good.
    There are also other universities in Europe which you can go for but it all depends on your choice. I think (not entirely sure though) that there is one in Malta which is free for EU applicants. But I know going abroad is a very difficult option

However if you feel ready and willing to take another gap year then go for it. But don't give up yet!
    If you don't mind me asking, which degree have you done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJaved1195)
    Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Hey why does Kings have such a low student satisfaction score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeseystuffz)
    Hey why does Kings have such a low student satisfaction score?
    Look on the Kings Q&A thread, a current student explained it on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Look on the Kings Q&A thread, a current student explained it on there.
    Where is that thread? Link Please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Here it is Hugby1 but please behave yourself posting on there, its run by kings themselves.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post47028440
    Why do you bother with him? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who else is going to the open day on the 16th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy, just wondering, for those IB applicants out there with conditional offers... what were the conditions that King's put on your offers?

Oh, and have you all decided which accommodation to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmmy969)
    Heyyy, just wondering, for those IB applicants out there with conditional offers... what were the conditions that King's put on your offers?

I have not received a response from kings yet, but the standard offer is 35 with 666 at HL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmmy969)

35, 666 at HL great to find another IB person! Haven't firmed King's yet, but most likely will soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfjf)
    Any Malaysian or Singaporean firming Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thinking between kings and edinburgh! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazingtastica)
    Thinking between kings and edinburgh! What about you?

Yes just firmed King's yesterday .

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give advice regarding accommodation, Been offered and have confirmed my place at Kings, need advice about the accommodation, which is the best one, will be after a room with en suite and share of kitchen.

also on the post offer open day, do we need to be there for 11am or can we get there a bit later?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Guys, when are he few last applicants going to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I rang admissions last week, was told Friday or Monday but nothing received, will wait one more day and then ring again. Must be close now surely for those still waiting to receive a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    I rang admissions last week, was told Friday or Monday but nothing received, will wait one more day and then ring again. Must be close now surely for those still waiting to receive a decision.
    I'm presuming they're waiting to see how many people will withdraw on their offers before they give more out. Could be waiting till may if that's the case :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    I'm presuming they're waiting to see how many people will withdraw on their offers before they give more out. Could be waiting till may if that's the case :confused:
    With the open day next week on the 16th, I do expect decisions to be made this week for most if not all of those still waiting. If they did decide they wanted to top up their "offer group" further later, then they can always contact those they have rejected which I have known universities to do before. King's actually had a few places available after results day last year, so suspect they are being more careful this year to get the offer numbers right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.