Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    could you have said that sampling was only a snapshot and other limiting factors needed to be considered
    Maybe? I was going to put something about it only being a sample, it seems like a reasonable point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey7695)
    why are plants more able to form clones or whatever
    Oh this one was soo annoying I just talked about asexual reproduction plant runner and for humans embryo has to be split

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    Maybe? I was going to put something about it only being a sample, it seems like a reasonable point
    how did .............something........ elk an example of conservation

ReputationRep:
    It was asking about the wolf not elk

ReputationRep:
    Someone bash out a mark scheme
    Safe

ReputationRep:
    The reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioagent)
    it was asking about the wolf not elk
    seriously//////////...

ReputationRep:
    Beanhead pls
    (Original post by Beanhead456)
    Someone bash out a mark scheme
    Safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lousamnap)
    What do you mean decrease... Sure one increased?!
    No, C had the smallest number of recessive alleles, but the initial population had a small number of recessive alleles to begin with, so the decrease due to genetic drift wasn't very big; B had the largest decrease in recessive allele frequency compared to the initial population

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial Mark Scheme?

ReputationRep:
    the reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.
    oh fair i talked about biodiversity and too much grass being eaten loooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    The reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.
    I thought it was referring to the conservation of wolves..

Lots of elk = lots of food for wolves = conserving the species?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    seriously//////////...
    Yeah it was why is the introduction of wolfs an example of conservation? I just wrote a load of crap for this though.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno how to feel about this exam. Better than f214 probably?

Because the elk population was increasing and not being properly controlled as their main natural predators, the grey wolf, was no longer thereto do so. Reintroduce the grey wolves and they help to manage the elk population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    I thought it was referring to the conservation of wolves..

Lots of elk = lots of food for wolves = conserving the species?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The wolves were only extinct in the park, not generally (so I took that as an implication that they're not generally endangered). It just said "an example of conservation" and was talking about reintroduction hence I assumed it was discussing conservation of the park as an ecosystem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    Oh this one was soo annoying I just talked about asexual reproduction plant runner and for humans embryo has to be split
    that's correct. it's just down to chance in humans whereas asexual produces identical offspring which is normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry68)
    I dunno how to feel about this exam. Better than f214 probably?

Because the elk population was increasing and not being properly controlled as their main natural predators, the grey wolf, was no longer thereto do so. Reintroduce the grey wolves and they help to manage the elk population.
    No way atleast F214 was more to the point.

ReputationRep:
    agreed, this paper was a load of waffle. They didn't actually test anything from the spec.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to bother with the exam anymore. Just going to enjoy my summer now. Good luck on exam day everyone! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes! i preferred the other exam as well, it was a bit more knowledge based. you could have totally passed this exam without revising with all the suggest questions

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.