Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I haven't taken my test yet but since it's urgent I'll help as best I can. So I've been reading this thread a lot and apparently the QR is a lot easier in the real thing and your QR in mocks is looking fine I'm sure you'll improve with the real thing. As for VR all you can do now is relax and know you've practiced as hard as you can. VR has been hard for pretty much everyone it seems, so best thing to do tomorrow is to remain calm and not panic as that will use up your time. Have faith in yourself and always flag time the hard ones and that alone will help you so much! I'm sure you'll do fine just try and relax and have a bath etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you..it's weird sometimes its just good to hear it from someone else. Ill do my best to relax Wont be easy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoemccarthy34)
    Thank you..it's weird sometimes its just good to hear it from someone else. Ill do my best to relax Wont be easy though
    Best of luck for tomorrow and let me know how it goes for you 😋☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    as an undergrad you are fine. If you have a strong tariff then you can apply to barts.
    I am doing A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    For people that have done their UKCAT test, is the AR section harder/easier/same as the official UKCAT mocks. I'm only asking these bc people say that the QR section is easier in the real thing.
    AR is easier than official mocks, there's more partial patterns.
    QR is easier
    VR is considerably harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh;[url="tel:67549236")
    67549236[/url]]AR is easier than official mocks, there's more partial patterns.
    QR is easier
    VR is considerably harder.
    Agree!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I got a 2120 score, with a 707 average. Is that good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razortoad)
    Hi guys. I got a 2120 score, with a 707 average. Is that good?
    Yes, in so much as UKCAT goes you will be able to apply for any of the UKCAT schools with that. Well done!*

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I've seen some people say that UKCAT ninja is a good representation of the level of QR questions in the exam. Would you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Yes, in so much as UKCAT goes you will be able to apply for any of the UKCAT schools with that. Well done!*
    Thank you! 🙃

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! 🙃
    can you give us all a run down on how you found each section please

ReputationRep:
    VR was definitely the hardest section. Make sure you scan it well and look for qualifiers like "always, must, not, can't". Also, read the question first and then scan the paragraph
    DM was actually quite interesting; I liked it. Not relevant though since we dont get the score
    QR was reasonably good. Wasn't too bad, just brush up on percentages and ratios
    AR went really well for me, just remember the SCAN rule (Shape, Colour, Arrangement and Number)
    SJT was the same as usual

Just remember to remain calm and relaxed otherwise you'll find it every difficult to focus.

ReputationRep:
    VR was definitely the hardest section. Make sure you scan it well and look for qualifiers like "always, must, not, can't". Also, read the question first and then scan the paragraph
    DM was actually quite interesting; I liked it. Not relevant though since we dont get the score
    QR was reasonably good. Wasn't too bad, just brush up on percentages and ratios
    AR went really well for me, just remember the SCAN rule (Shape, Colour, Arrangement and Number)
    SJT was the same as usual

Just remember to remain calm and relaxed otherwise you'll find it every difficult to focus.
    can you give us a break down of your scores please and whether you finished each section in the allotted time, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotsure)
    I am doing A-levels
    yes so you will be applying for the undergraduate...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i need your help a.s.a.p!!!

QR 740
    AR 640
    VR 540
    Average: 640
    SJ: Band 2

I ran out of time on VR and AR, hence the low score. I'm applying as a gap year student. Do you think i will have a chance with Plymouth and Exeter for Medicine with these UKCAT results?

ReputationRep:
    is the computer touch screen in the real test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    is the computer touch screen in the real test?
    Don't think so mate, mouse and keyboard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sullyomo)
    Don't think so mate, mouse and keyboard
    haha , i ask cause i use my finger to scan for keywords

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

has anybody done the mock test C on the UKCAT website? If so what did yous get and if anybody has sat their exam yet how does it compare to the real thing? My test is on Thursday and defo at that freaking out stage now hahah

ReputationRep:
    Are the QR questions in the real test similar difficulty to those on UKCAT Ninja???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    Hey everyone

has anybody done the mock test C on the UKCAT website? If so what did yous get and if anybody has sat their exam yet how does it compare to the real thing? My test is on Thursday and defo at that freaking out stage now hahah
    Mock C was my worse one out of all of the mocks they had getting around 640 on VR and barely reaching 600s on AR and QR, I kinda used the UKCAT 1000 questions mark scheme to calculate what I could have potentially gotten (by no means is it an accurate method but I just used it just cause xD). SJT was really easy I felt in all of the mocks as well.

Compared to the mocks the real test felt like; VR was harder slightly, QR was easier/ more manageable, I almost got to the end within the time limit and AR was pretty easy, compared to the ones in the 1000 Qs book. SJT didnt seem much different.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.