Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i really want eastside...but if not id be very happy with southside and beit too....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :sad:

I still have no email and wont be able to get it until monday now if I do :sad:

Going to dorset to vist grandparents wh have no internet and no 3G coverage :sad:

Unless I get one in the next few hours
    Phone them saying you need it so you can get your finances ready to pay the deposit since your away this weekedn and the offer only lasts 5 days or something lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish_gurl)
    i really want eastside...but if not id be very happy with southside and beit too....
    Same.

Imperial accommodation gods hear our plea :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    that means I don't get Wilson then ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi182)
    no :eek:
    when did you get that?
    Few days after my results. Please do read my comment above, I realise it might just be department specific

ReputationRep:
    Phone them saying you need it so you can get your finances ready to pay the deposit since your away this weekedn and the offer only lasts 5 days or something lol
    I don't want them to hate me :p:

I my just have to find someone with an unsecured network

ReputationRep:
    Same.

Imperial accommodation gods hear our plea :puppyeyes:
    :yep:

:stomp:

COME ON :indiff: I didn't put Wilsons down though ...

ReputationRep:
    how do you know that? they dont give them out in order of halls....they just do it randomly

ReputationRep:
    I don't want them to hate me :p:

I my just have to find someone with an unsecured network
    Can't you use GSM? Can you get normal mobile coverage? If so, I used to dial a free 020 dial-up number a ages back to get free mobile interwebs.

You might still have done.

I don't think they would've sent out all 250+ places for Wilson all in one go surely :eek:

ReputationRep:
    how do you know that? they dont give them out in order of halls....they just do it randomly
    But, pragmatically it seems like they're running through each halls and picking people who have put Wilsons down, so the longer time goes on the less the probability. I'd say it's incredibly rare for everyone this 'session' to get Wilsons and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    I got the email, too! And guess what? WILSON HOUSE!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    well people have been getting loads or random ones all week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    You might still have done.

I don't think they would've sent out all 250+ places for Wilson all in one go surely :eek:
    I don't see why not? Think about it in terms of programming. They'll just loop each available block then skip onto the next? Saves locking multiple tables methinks :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    well people have been getting loads or random ones all week...
    Yeah, but the international batch might work slightly differently.

ReputationRep:
    they say they assigned all the halls last week....

ReputationRep:
    yeah you're right, I'm just coming to conclusions... I think it was one of my choices. I just really want to know already! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Argh I'm so annoyed!! Did anyone else get a different type of room in a hall they never actually applied for?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Can't you use GSM? Can you get normal mobile coverage? If so, I used to dial a free 020 dial-up number a ages back to get free mobile interwebs.
    I have no idea what that means so I am going to say no......

I didn't put wilson down. if everyone had said they had got eastside I would be sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    I don't see why not? Think about it in terms of programming. They'll just loop each available block then skip onto the next? Saves locking multiple tables methinks :dontknow:
    say whah? sorry for my ignorance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.