Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Would people mind posting a picture of their UEA accomodation? I know there is a thread for all unis but there are so many pictures it's difficult to find some from UEA.
    I would be especially interested in Ziggurats or Village.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine (from University of Kent) said that I should have applied for accommodation already as she did hers in February (2014)

Is it not too early? As I haven't even firmed my offers so can I even apply for accommodation? (I will probably firm UEA and put down Queen Mary's as my insurance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe_l)
    A friend of mine (from University of Kent) said that I should have applied for accommodation already as she did hers in February (2014)

Is it not too early? As I haven't even firmed my offers so can I even apply for accommodation? (I will probably firm UEA and put down Queen Mary's as my insurance)
    UEA don't assign accommodation till the summer and it's not a first come first serve basis- it's done to try and maximise the number of people who get their preferences. Accommodation applications will open later in the year and if you have firmed UEA you will be told when this is. You will then have a month or two to get the application in.

XXX

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gburchell20)
    Would people mind posting a picture of their UEA accomodation? I know there is a thread for all unis but there are so many pictures it's difficult to find some from UEA.

Thanks
    First two are the village (First being inside) and the right is the zigs

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    First two are the village (First being inside) and the right is the zigs
    Thank you Have you found the village rooms too small, as I believe they are some of the smallest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe_l)

Different universities have different policies so whats too late for people applying for one university might not be too late for someone applying to another. In UEA's case they don't usually open applications until later with a deadline around the end of July and its not first come first served.

Anyone planning to apply for the ensuite accommodation or the en suite village (for 2015)? Pictures from current students would be so helpful. I really wanna know what the kitchens look like for both because apparently the kitchens for the en suite campus isn't that good. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howyoudoin)
    Anyone planning to apply for the ensuite accommodation or the en suite village (for 2015)? Pictures from current students would be so helpful. I really wanna know what the kitchens look like for both because apparently the kitchens for the en suite campus isn't that good. :/
    It's true that the ensuite campus kitchens don't look the nicest as they are stainless steel rather than wood, however they are still perfectly functional. In most of the halls (all except Nelson & Constable) they are pretty big- you get plenty of storage space and a hot water dispenser= no waiting for a kettle to boil!

ReputationRep:
    Im in the village this year and some blocks have had some of their kitchens done up. Not sure if they are going to do more blocks this year or if you'll have to pay more for the refurbished blocks next year. I was just really lucky Name:  IMG_5948.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  73.0 KBName:  IMG_5949.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  92.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loladam)
    Im in the village this year and some blocks have had some of their kitchens done up. Not sure if they are going to do more blocks this year or if you'll have to pay more for the refurbished blocks next year. I was just really lucky Name:  IMG_5948.JPG
    is that a real oven I spy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    is that a real oven I spy?
    Yep! 8 hobs, 2 real ovens, 2 grills, 2 sinks, 2 fridge/freezers and a microwave. (We're a 6 person flat) We had to supply our own kettle and toaster though.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! 8 hobs, 2 real ovens, 2 grills, 2 sinks, 2 fridge/freezers and a microwave. (We're a 6 person flat) We had to supply our own kettle and toaster though.
    thats brilliant! (although having said that I had no problems with the microwave oven as it had the microwave and oven functions were seperate and honestly didn't notice a difference between food cooked in that and a 'real oven'

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Have you found the village rooms too small, as I believe they are some of the smallest?
    Not really, I loved the space on the desk and the fact you can pin everything up on the wall in front of the desk. It's small if you want to have loads of visitors but it's fine if it's just you

Thanks for this also wondering if the en suite bathroom is really tiny or is it at least a bit spacey? Especially for storing bathroom stuff and the rooms look really tiny to me and i havent seen a pic with anyones wardrobe or other stuff apart from the desk and bed themselves :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this also wondering if the en suite bathroom is really tiny or is it at least a bit spacey? Especially for storing bathroom stuff and the rooms look really tiny to me and i havent seen a pic with anyones wardrobe or other stuff apart from the desk and bed themselves :/
    The bathroom is pretty small, but the en suite ones on campus aren't that much bigger. It's about 1.5m x 1m. There's a couple of small shelves in the bathroom to put a toothbrush/ shower gel etc on.

The wardrobe is fairly spacious, mine is about 50cm wide for hanging stuff and then behind that you have pretty deep shelves for clothes. There's another drawer opposite the wardrobe which is really big too. And for stuff you don't use that often there's lots of room under the bed. The room is small compared to the en suite rooms but they're plenty big enough for one person!

ReputationRep:
    You don't have that much storage room eg shelves in the bathroom but thats the same in the ensuite and there are loads of shelves in the bedrooms for storing toiletries and supplies.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hey hey!
    Currently in a shared room in ziggurats with my fiancé. Sharing a bathroom is fine hardly any crossovers of people wanting showers. I love the room sizes and space. Any who here are some quick pics. Excuse the kitchen table ...I refuse to wash my flatmates crap up
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awakemysoul)
    Hello,
    Current UEA village resident here.
    The kitchens in the village depend where you get put, some have been refurbished in the 2014 summer therefore they are probably the nicest kitchens of all the accommodation. They are planning on refurbishing the rest of the village kitchens but I do not know if they'll be done for your arrival.
    The rooms in the village are a bit smaller than on campus and the toilets are considerably worse being little cubicles as opposed to an actual room.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions, i'll do my best.
    Wait until you move into rented accom. next year you'll miss the old pod Oh the water pressure

:eek: They've pimped out the village!! I mean the kitchens were the nicest already but, damn.
    So unfair you guys have nicer kitchens AND wifi, we didn't have those back in our day .... three years ago.

ReputationRep:
    My main worry is how many people to share with.

I like the look of both Ziggs and on campus un-suite.

Ziggs are flats of 12/13 people, does everyone still bond well?
    Are there issues with shared facilities?

also

Whats it like being in flats of just 6 or so?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.