Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Looking at his past form (refusing to go on with an operation because he couldn't understand the foreign nurses), he knows that speaking out will result in him being put on leave, but if it results in a proper, informed discussion about the (lack of) evidence behind BBE, then I'm all for him having a rant in the direction of whatever media he can get his hands on.

My major gripe with the whole episode is that everyone is saying it was Nunn vs Cameron, which it clearly wasn't, except that when it's the media being told off, the last thing they're going to do is actually report that they were in the wrong.
    Apparently the crew had clearance from the ward sister as they weren't going to have any contact with the patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    So, erm, apparently I'm a doctor now.

Wahhaaaaaat?!
    Awesome, well done!

Seems there are loads of TSR doctors this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Awesome, well done!

Seems there are loads of TSR doctors this year
    I know - it's crazy - right now our ratio of medical students: doctors in the TSR Med Students Soc is quite amusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    What's it on?
    The import of substandard surgical tools from Pakistan - pretty scary! :nn:

ReputationRep:
    I am not a doctor. I am a final year medical student who has just finished her exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I am not a doctor. I am a final year medical student who has just finished her exams...
    Congratulations on finishing

ReputationRep:
    Exams finished: and now to play the waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Exams finished: and now to play the waiting game.
    Good luck dude - the waiting game is the toughest part!

In other news, it seems around 12% of people failed finals and 6-7 people need to retake the year. Pretty shocking stuff for something 'no one fails'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)

In other news, it seems around 12% of people failed finals and 6-7 people need to retake the year. Pretty shocking stuff for something 'no one fails'.
    How do theyknow they have to retake the year already if resits haven't been done? I'm guessing it's a different system to the other years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley90)
    How do theyknow they have to retake the year already if resits haven't been done? I'm guessing it's a different system to the other years.
    If they fail one of the two practical exams, there is no chance of a resit and they have to repeat the year. I'm not entirely sure if this is because of practical reasons or that they deem that if you fail a practical exam, you're not ready to be a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    ditto!

Well passed as well as finished but....

ReputationRep:
    the worst set of exams i've ever done by miles, gutted.

ReputationRep:
    Right, t-4 weeks, 2 weeks of ssc and 2 free. Plan: revise 3rd year, teach self GI, Hepatology and Nephrology (we do specialties rotations, and whichever ones you don't get you self teach). Scared now...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    ditto!

Well passed as well as finished but....
    Staying South West for F1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    If they fail one of the two practical exams, there is no chance of a resit and they have to repeat the year. I'm not entirely sure if this is because of practical reasons or that they deem that if you fail a practical exam, you're not ready to be a doctor.
    Wow, I'd be interested to know which reason it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)

5 people (from ~160) failed the final 5th year OSCE here and are resitting. Was fairly sure it was supposed to be unfailable if you'd managed to get to 5th year :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    the worst set of exams i've ever done by miles, gutted.
    Completely feel your pain - results tomorrow, already feeling a bit sick.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently more than 10 failed here and that is rare. No resits here so they have to do the year again. The osce's were a ***** and apparently harder than last year. Really really feel for those people, it could have been me.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone still getting results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    5 people (from ~160) failed the final 5th year OSCE here and are resitting. Was fairly sure it was supposed to be unfailable if you'd managed to get to 5th year :s
    5!

In the last two years there was supposedly only 1 person that had failed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.