Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    On anything you want? (within reason)
    I'm not sure, there are a few topics though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    Yeah I like the way they do their exams and controlled assessment. Whereabouts are you from?
    They also used to ask funny questions in Maths past papers. :lol: And are the only exam board that give out '1st in the Country awards! :cool:

I'm from Banbridge, but go to school in Newry - yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Probably because I started a thread moaning about people on here? Who knows!

To be fair I always look miserable too, but it's just a front!
    Well, that's bound to get you 'negs'. What could you possibly find about us lovely users to moan about? :eyebrow:

Sadly, I look all nice and welcoming until I open my mouth to release a scathing remark; only to people who annoy me though :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ylime20)
    The Exams Officer at your school is typically the only person who sees everyone's results the day before. Your school receives the results the day before so they can be checked and put in an envelope. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of teachers who don't check the grades until after you get them. My dad is a maths teacher and almost every year he doesn't know what his students got until they tell him, even though he does have access about 2 hours later to all the student's results. Ultimately, it is you who should see your results first.
    This definetley doesn't happen at my school ,when I asked about my January results and I'm presuming they do the same for June as well they said they might not give them to us on results day but they were able to because they have to put them into databases and all that.If noone other than the Exams Officer looked at your results, how would the school calculate things like % 5A*-C including English and Maths among other statistics that appear on results day on the schools website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thespontaneous1)
    Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.
    I did OCR triple science I hated the coursework, I found the Chemistry one the most difficult but im hoping for an A* in physics A in chemistry and A in biology. I also did OCR english lang and Lit i did Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls last year in June and got an A* and an A respectively i was so excited because English is not my favorite subject. I also got 55/80 for Ideas and Information hopefully that is a B or possibly an A.

I think AQA has a better structure than WJEC.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone round London going to St Dominics for sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    What did you get?
    For GCSE? 7A* and 4A

Thanks, how did you get on with your A-Level results on Thursday if you don't mind me asking?

(Original post by techno836)
    no I don't want to risk stretching myself as I was going to do Psychology aswell, but instead I decided i'm just going to read/learn around it without the qualification

we can enjoy the fun of A levels now :sogood: and thankyou how were your results
    I got AAAB in AS biology, chemistry, maths and physics. The B is one mark off so it's going in for a remark Not sure what I'm dropping for A2 yet May keep all 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    They also used to ask funny questions in Maths past papers. :lol: And are the only exam board that give out '1st in the Country awards! :cool:

I'm from Banbridge, but go to school in Newry - yourself?
    Some of the questions are hilarious. I also love how they try to be really multicultural with the names of people in questions.

I'm from just outside Lisburn and just go to school in the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Well, that's bound to get you 'negs'. What could you possibly find about us lovely users to moan about? :eyebrow:

Sadly, I look all nice and welcoming until I open my mouth to release a scathing remark; only to people who annoy me though :laugh:

Some people were annoying me on a thread, so I felt like having a rant. Sometimes I go off on one.

I never say anything mean to anybody, I keep those thoughts in my head because I'm too shy/scared to defend myself aftewards... too shy for my own good I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by And I)
    for you to get a B you would need to **** up really bad mate: you need 41 ums for a B, so i think you should be looking at a solid A as a realistic target tbh.
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    For GCSE? 7A* and 4A

I got AAAB in AS biology, chemistry, maths and physics. The B is one mark off so it's going in for a remark Not sure what I'm dropping for A2 yet May keep all 4
    Those are great grades. How would you say you found the workload?

Some people were annoying me on a thread, so I felt like having a rant. Sometimes I go off on one.

I never say anything mean to anybody, I keep those thoughts in my head because I'm too shy/scared to defend myself aftewards... too shy for my own good I am!
    I have a habit of going off on one too, although I haven't found a person who has awoken my wrath as of yet
    Plus, I'd like to think I'm not mean, just realistic. You should feel free to voice your opinions without being scared or shy (as long as their not mean enough to get you beaten up :laugh: )

ReputationRep:
    Those are great grades. How would you say you found the workload?

I have a habit of going off on one too, although I haven't found a person who has awoken my wrath as of yet
    Plus, I'd like to think I'm not mean, just realistic. You should feel free to voice your opinions without being scared or shy (as long as their not mean enough to get you beaten up :laugh: )

If I think something would hurt someone I wouldn't say it, I'm too respectful of people.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody live in the east of england?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody live in the east of england?
    yes i live in Bedfordshire

ReputationRep:
    If I think something would hurt someone I wouldn't say it, I'm too respectful of people.
    :five: Same here- I don't like to upset people as I know how it feels (have taken a lot of 'crap' from people in my own school because I wanted to study instead of mess about)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    yes i live in Bedfordshire
    Don't matter then, I was hoping to miraculously find someone who is going to the same college as me next year, but I'm far more east than you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    I did OCR triple science I hated the coursework, I found the Chemistry one the most difficult but im hoping for an A* in physics A in chemistry and A in biology. I also did OCR english lang and Lit i did Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls last year in June and got an A* and an A respectively i was so excited because English is not my favorite subject. I also got 55/80 for Ideas and Information hopefully that is a B or possibly an A.

I think AQA has a better structure than WJEC.
    Ah awesome, yeah in general chemistry I found to be a rather challenging gcse in relation to the easier bio. Ah well done on the english thoroughly deserved. Id be happy to get grades like that for my exams. Of mice and men was the only pleasant english exam. And that sounds like an A to me off the top of my head. Im hoping for straight a*s in science. What science coursework did you find the hardest and how did you fair in the core and additional modules? And thanks for the a level info....some have said wjec is easier for a level chem
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Has anyone done any prep for college?

Stuff like stationery, bags, clothes etc?

ReputationRep:
    :five: Same here- I don't like to upset people as I know how it feels (have taken a lot of 'crap' from people in my own school because I wanted to study instead of mess about)
    Would you say you have many friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Has anyone done any prep for college?

Stuff like stationery, bags, clothes etc?

All of my stationery.

About a quarter of the way through clothes.

No textbooks as of yet.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.