Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    With the open day next week on the 16th, I do expect decisions to be made this week for most if not all of those still waiting. If they did decide they wanted to top up their "offer group" further later, then they can always contact those they have rejected which I have known universities to do before. King's actually had a few places available after results day last year, so suspect they are being more careful this year to get the offer numbers right.
    Lets hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    I rang admissions last week, was told Friday or Monday but nothing received, will wait one more day and then ring again. Must be close now surely for those still waiting to receive a decision.
    Please let us know what thy say if you happen to contact them

ReputationRep:
    This situation is getting somewhat ridiculous. I have been waiting for 4 months now.

I'm not writing this in order to plea for sympathy but simply to vent my frustrations.

How can I move forward with my life when GKT has neither rejected or given me an offer.

This is like limbo but for medical school admissions.

Oh well back to work at Maccies then, my shift starts in 5...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myflyisopen)
    This situation is getting somewhat ridiculous. I have been waiting for 4 months now.

I'm not writing this in order to plea for sympathy but simply to vent my frustrations.

How can I move forward with my life when GKT has neither rejected or given me an offer.

This is like limbo but for medical school admissions.

Oh well back to work at Maccies then, my shift starts in 5...
    EXACTLY! I've decided if I don't hear anything by Friday I'll withdraw from kings so I can move on and firm my other choices. I need to get the ball rolling, don't like being at someone else's mercy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    EXACTLY! I've decided if I don't hear anything by Friday I'll withdraw from kings so I can move on and firm my other choices. I need to get the ball rolling, don't like being at someone else's mercy.
    Yeah, I have a feeling that I will do the same.

Where have you got offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myflyisopen)
    Yeah, I have a feeling that I will do the same.

Where have you got offers from?
    Birmingham and Notts but wanted Kings as 1st choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Birmingham and Notts but wanted Kings as 1st choice.

Well, you might still get an offer from GKT .... at the end of may.

But Notts is pretty great, I wish I had applied there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KSSA)
    I asked this a few times at the offer holders open day and basically it seems like the old dean of medical education just didn't care and they messed up majorly a few times and they didn't listen to student feedback very much, but the new dean seems really keen on changing that and they actually explained a lot of ways they are improving the course and even the way the uni communicates with students because of student feedback

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey you know when you went to the offer holder open day, did it last from 11-3 or can you go any time between 11 and 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic1)
    Hey you know when you went to the offer holder open day, did it last from 11-3 or can you go any time between 11 and 3?
    I only arrived in time for the first talk which I think was at about 12:30? If you want to do a tour of Guy's campus and accommodation though I would recommend doing that before the first talk because the time they give you to go around the stations and ask questions isn't very long and the stations were the most helpful part. I think you can just wonder in whenever though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent them a message a few days ago, they said their SITS has problems and it's holding up the process.

They have a JARGON BUSTER page wow and sits is some strategic information thingy so yeah

Let's just wait....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mao127)
    I sent them a message a few days ago, they said their SITS has problems and it's holding up the process.

They have a JARGON BUSTER page wow and sits is some strategic information thingy so yeah

Let's just wait....
    Did they mention how long it will take to get their act together?

I must have checked that horrid portal a million times already...can't bear the thought of logging in one more time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Did they mention how long it will take to get their act together?

I must have checked that horrid portal a million times already...can't bear the thought of logging in one more time...
    I GOT IN just an hour ago! News came via track I guess they sorted out their systems!!

ReputationRep:
    I GOT IN just an hour ago! News came via track I guess they sorted out their systems!!
    Are you sure mate? Did you get it on track and not the portal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Are you sure mate? Did you get it on track and not the portal?
    Yeah, track-not the portal. But track's legit right!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, track-not the portal. But track's legit right!
    Yeah course. First time ever I've known kings to use track and not the portal for offers.

ReputationRep:
    Rang yesterday, brief conversation but now looking by end of week for any remaining decisions for those still waiting. Considering King's as a open day next week they really need to tell all those who are waiting for decisions before the day so they have the opportunity to attend. Suspect plenty of those with offers elsewhere will give up on King's if they have not heard by then and select another offer so it is not in the interest of King's to keep applicants waiting. Those without offers and waiting to hear will clearly have different view point on that!

ReputationRep:
    Who else got the a fair postcard and card holder form KCL in the post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momberly)
    Who else got the a fair postcard and card holder form KCL in the post?
    Yep got it today!

ReputationRep:
    Still not heard anything... This is becoming crazy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Still not heard anything... This is becoming crazy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kings are really taking the biscuit! If I don't hear anything today I've decided I'll withdraw and firm/insure my other offers. Can't be doing with all this waiting...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.