Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Please, don't ever say that again.

Sounded like a Liverpool fan there for a moment :O
    No she didn't, she didn't say #5TIMES #YNWA or 5-1!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

**** sake man biggest laugh of the day. If Chelsea wanted Sanchez we'd have him in a heartbeat. We didn't want him because we have players just as capable or better than him in Schurrle and Hazard.

He'd be competing for a spot at RW.

The bait!! Hook, line and sinker!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Please, don't ever say that again.

Sounded like a Liverpool fan there for a moment :O
    Loooooool

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

**** sake man biggest laugh of the day. If Chelsea wanted Sanchez we'd have him in a heartbeat. We didn't want him because we have players just as capable or better than him in Schurrle and Hazard.

He'd be competing for a spot at RW.
    Exactly. That's the point what toms saying is absolute ****. By his logic Chelsea are a small club because they let a "superstar" sign for a rival club. That obviously isn't the case...
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    No she didn't, she didn't say #5TIMES #YNWA or 5-1!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or "Sanchez is **** anyways".

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Exactly. That's the point what toms saying is absolute ****. By his logic Chelsea are a small club because they let a "superstar" sign for a rival club. That obviously isn't the case...
    Was more talking about how Sanchez is not a superstar as he'd struggle to start for Chelsea...

ReputationRep:
    Kind of feeling like the only chance at a top striker is if PSG go in for Di Maria, and have to sell Cavani to offset it..

Confirmed now that Di maria wants out.. now its just who gets him

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think this panic can wait until this time next week when we've confirmed champs league. If we are to sign a big player then having champions league football is essential.

I personally think Wenger has clocked on that Giroud isn't good enough, Giroud has looked pissed recently, almost as though he knows it's just a matter of time before someone comes in. Defensively it's a must - so I presume that a CB and CDM and the more likely signings.

If Wenger plays Sanchez through the middle upon walcotts return then we shouldn't really have much of a problem (I'm sure Sanchez can put more in than Giroud if he gets the service)

If Wenger buys a striker then it'll be better.. Almost too good to even be true. If we're honest here, Arsene will not want to drop Cazorla so basically, another striker probably wont happen because it will essentially mean that either Sanchez goes left and Cazorla is dropped, or Sanchez rotates with Walcott - and both seem to be a negative.

I'll be fine with Sanchez playing through the middle, he'll do a mad one there TRUST ME. He's already showing glimpses of this. I know people will disagree because for some reason they don't rate Sanchez :/ but if he's played through the centre then all we need is a CDM and a CB.. Considering we have the Ox & Campbell too..

Sanchez
    Cazorla Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey CDM

Is what we'll likely see I think
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    OMG SSN reporting that Khedira and di maria want to leave RM. And khedira could be on his way to Arsenal with Arsene wanting him here.

ReputationRep:
    Was more talking about how Sanchez is not a superstar as he'd struggle to start for Chelsea...
    Lol stop trolling and go back to the Chelsea thread, or is it not very active because Chelsea are a small club and don't have many fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Or "Sanchez is **** anyways".

:lol:
    "Lallana is better than Ramsey" has been said before. I'm never letting that one go
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    When we were playing against bestikas:

A boy on twitter went: "In sha Allah Arsenal will lose."
    And some guy replied: "I hope your first born studies BTEC trolley collecting."

:rofl: I'm dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Lol stop trolling and go back to the Chelsea thread, or is it not very active because Chelsea are a small club and don't have many fans?
    A small club with more CL trophies than Arsenal. Also for all of your love of Arsenal they have 4 PL trophies in the modern era. Easily arguable that Chelsea have been better in the PL era. You sound like a liverpool fan.

Not trolling either, just saying that Sanchez is an overrated player.

ReputationRep:
    OMG SSN reporting that Khedira and di maria want to leave RM. And khedira could be on his way to Arsenal with Arsene wanting him here.
    thought this saga had already happened in the summer? and his wages are just to high..

Hmm.. I would like it though,

100% perfect summer for our midfield, for me, would be:

Khedira + this young french DM kid..

Gives a good solution for now (ramsey + khedira) but also a more defensive option, and a long-term prospect in this young lad, for away games/games that need more defensive cover..

That + arteta/flamini, and the midfield is just stacked for a good few years..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    thought this saga had already happened in the summer? and his wages are just to high..

Gives a good solution for now (ramsey + khedira) but also a more defensive option, and a long-term prospect in this young lad, for away games/games that need more defensive cover..

You know, there's talks of Chambers being developed into a CDM. If so, he's more likely to be holding (seems that way anyway), in which case we don't need a young CDM if we get Khadira. Khadira is 27 and should hold his spot alongside Ramsey for 4/5 years so it will give Chambers enough time to develop into a holding CDM (cup games, injuries and such).

So essentially, if we get Khadira all we need is a CB

ReputationRep:
    A small club with more CL trophies than Arsenal. Also for all of your love of Arsenal they have 4 PL trophies in the modern era. Easily arguable that Chelsea have been better in the PL era. You sound like a liverpool fan.

Nottingham forest have won the champions league twice, are they a bugger club than Chelsea?

Give Sanchez time in prem before judging him hazard hardly set the prem alight in his first season and you're saying Sanchez is overrated after 2 games

ReputationRep:
    When we were playing against bestikas:

A boy on twitter went: "In sha Allah Arsenal will lose."
    And some guy replied: "I hope your first born studies BTEC trolley collecting."

:rofl: I'm dead.
    Lol I saw that!! And the guy that initially tweeted was an LFC Fan, mad obsessed, especially the London Liverpool fans (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

Best and realistic looking scenario right now would be Khedira + a 19 year old Bulgarian centre back playing in the Romanian league 2.

ReputationRep:

Better in the PL era, not better or bigger overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lol I saw that!! And the guy that initially tweeted was an LFC Fan, mad obsessed, especially the London Liverpool fans (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Peggles I flew off my chair in laughter, boy that had me gasping for air loool.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.