Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babitajades)
    Haha yaa hmm you might scrape a D or low C

what is the grade you need in psychology?
    damn... im not going uni so i don't 'need' any but i want to do well so bad and that's already down the drain as i ****ed up unit 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harriet54321)
    issues surrounding the classification is overdue so may be that

I really want that to come up as I'm prepared for it. I hope psychological explanations or psychological and biological therapies don't up

ReputationRep:
    How many studies should we aim for media to get top marks. I mean methodological issues will boost marks, but how many studies should be included? two at least??

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain nomothetic and idiographic personality, and how I can apply it to my essays for A02...Thank you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    ALSO guys do we need to know how to FIND Spearman's Rho, Chi-squared, Mann-Whitney U and Wilcoxon T? Like actually work them out? Or just when we need to use them?
    you only need to know when to use them, not how

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    Is anyone else basically starting their unit 4 revision now?
    holla

seriously help me how are you revising? i overslept today and i'm *****ing it for this exam, know literally nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    How many studies should we aim for media to get top marks. I mean methodological issues will boost marks, but how many studies should be included? two at least??

I've got two studies on it but if you evaluate it thoroughly you should be able to hit top band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    holla

seriously help me how are you revising? i overslept today and i'm *****ing it for this exam, know literally nothing

same here. For some reason the information isn't sticking into my head??? I am slowly giving up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    same here. For some reason the information isn't sticking into my head??? I am slowly giving up...
    yesterday i debated not even doing the exam, like it's that bad...

like i've forgotten how to revise? any tips lol?

ReputationRep:
    For schizophrenia, do you have to use the same theories for explanation and therapies. For example, for psychological explanations, I have cognitive and dysfunctional families which includes expressed emotion and double bind. However, for therapies for psychological, I have psychodaynamic and cognitive. I know it's a silly question, but will it matter??

ReputationRep:

Well I don't think is will help, but my revision is just memorising things. This may be weird, but because I'm a visual learning, I try to visualised where the information is on my paper and that helps me. I'm okay with memorising things but it takes long.

I'm memorise essays for schizophrenia because there are only a limited number of questions that could come up. However, for media I'm just memorising studies and I've chosen the number of ao2 that I want to include I just memories them. feel like memorising short essays for media is not beneficial because questions are always worded differently. And for research methods, use past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    I really want that to come up as I'm prepared for it. I hope psychological explanations or psychological and biological therapies don't up
    but AQA are shits so likely to throw something more unexpected in

ReputationRep:

ikr-_-, I literally made ALL my addiction notes today and I am just trying to stick in my brain by constantly repeating it to myself over and over again but it's not staying in my head :'( I did a little research methods revision by going through past papers
    I haven't even started my schizophrenia revision yet lol.

ReputationRep:
    This that do schizophrenia and media..
    What essays/questions/topics you hoping for?

I've been focusing on chemistry and biology these past few days so falling a bit behind with my psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    How many evaluation points do you roughly have if you don't mind me asking. It's just so I can get an idea whether I need to include another explanation.

I'm thinking of just talking about cognitive and for dysfunctional families I have expressed emotion and double bind.
    For Double bind i've just got one research supporting it by Berger and for EE i've made 2 points with research each supporting and criticism the approach.

EE- the points i made was research supporting that it relates to high rates of relapse and the other point was that the behavior of the parent's could be an effect of sz rather than cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    This that do schizophrenia and media..
    What essays/questions/topics you hoping for?

I've been focusing on chemistry and biology these past few days so falling a bit behind with my psychology
    Hoping for classification and diagnosis for sz.

Media:
    Pro-social behaviours / video games
    Hovland Yale model
    Social psych explanations of celeb att/ stalking

Btw does anyone have a model essay on celeb stalking?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, new here Am I right in thinking that we don't need to use IDAs for this exam? If we did use them, would we still get marks?

ReputationRep:
    holla

literally join the club!!!!!! ive basically just been finding essays and essay plans on the internet and writing them out so I can read over them and remember them for the exam, and also looking at past papers and mark schemes etc
    for research methods I'm really struggling cause ive always been pretty bad at them and i find its hard to revise them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    ikr-_-, I literally made ALL my addiction notes today and I am just trying to stick in my brain by constantly repeating it to myself over and over again but it's not staying in my head :'( I did a little research methods revision by going through past papers
    I haven't even started my schizophrenia revision yet lol.
    Ahh at least you've done a bit of Addiction which is the longest part of unit 4
    I just finished revising all the essays of sz so now i can begin addiction and research methods. I'm so worried i won't even make it do a D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    What questions do you think will come up for schizophrenia? Any prediction as anyone??
    According to Loopa, he thinks that Classification & Diagnosis, Psychological Therapies or Psychological Explanations could be asked

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.