Maths Uni Chat Watch

Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nota bene)
Did you go to the trials? I've got table tennis tomorrow, so I'll definitely be popping by Q, probably already in the morning, if I wake up early. Today I just slept through all the day after walking back to town at 7am, when others had just woken up:p:

Oh, and it'd be good fun if someone made a visit to Bath, it's especially convenient for the Bristol people I suppose. I'm sure I'll be up for going to Bristol some weekend night!
Yeah I did, but I couldn't play because I have a sore throat and because of my asthma I'm under doctor's orders not to play when I have cold-like symptoms. I heard about you sleeping in the corridor last night, very impressive!
nota bene
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Yeah I did, but I couldn't play because I have a sore throat and because of my asthma I'm under doctor's orders not to play when I have cold-like symptoms. I heard about you sleeping in the corridor last night, very impressive!
Ah, ok, how unfortunate!

Yeah, the corridor floor is surprisingly inviting when you are very tired at 4.30am. Then I woke up at 6.15 when G+C went to bed, only to find M in the kitchen making breakfast!
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edenr is awesome. Seriously.

It was a good night, except for when some guy in my college called me a maths slut as I was walking down the street
Also, I finally have tutorial times!
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
Edenr is awesome. Seriously.
Yes he is, until **** gets Catholic.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes he is, until **** gets Catholic.
Nawwww that was just really cute.
How's Bath going? I'mma be in your vicinity in the next three/four weeks, we should meet up!
Edenr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the funkiest lecturer in the department tomorrow afternoon :coma: He's going to teach me about this crazy **** they call Representation Theory.
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's so much careers stuff going on at LSE next week it's ridiculous! At this rate, I'll be spending more time sending applications than studying...

I have a room mate now - I like him. Getting on better with people on my floor now
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nawwww that was just really cute.
How's Bath going? I'mma be in your vicinity in the next three/four weeks, we should meet up!
We most certainly should. I'm playing an American football game at Bristol on the 8th of November?
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We most certainly should. I'm playing an American football game at Bristol on the 8th of November?
This sounds good to me :yep:
I'm still hella impressed you got on the uni team, that's craaaazy
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my experience, uni teams will take anyone :grin:
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ouchhhhh
What are you on Team Durham for then? :p:

(Edit: Maybe this applies to some sports though, since the Maths slut guy is on the lacrosse team.)
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ouchhhhh
What are you on Team Durham for then? :p:

(Edit: Maybe this applies to some sports though, since the Maths slut guy is on the lacrosse team.)
*uni American football teams will take anyone :p: I was quite tempted by it until I realised it would mean spending Sundays in Paisley.

Yeah, no.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Edenr)
*uni American football teams will take anyone :p: I was quite tempted by it until I realised it would mean spending Sundays in Paisley.

Yeah, no.
You don't mean the print, do you?

American football is so rough, I can't imagine you mean that.
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't mean the print, do you?

American football is so rough, I can't imagine you mean that.
Well, considering that there's a rugby team that has worn this, this, this, this, this and this in the past, I wouldn't rule it out...

Lots of lovely pure modules for me today.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Edenr)
Well, considering that there's a rugby team that has worn this, this, this, this, this and this in the past, I wouldn't rule it out...

Lots of lovely pure modules for me today.
Stade Français are so gay.

What have you got? Today is like, my free-est day all week, only 2 lectures and a maple class.
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stade Français are so gay.

What have you got? Today is like, my free-est day all week, only 2 lectures and a maple class.
I actually almost bought the first one once

I have Representation Theory, Galois Theory and Topology. Ossm (nicked). The Topology guy is so on top of things, it's actually quite reassuring. He gave us a questionnaire to fill in yesterday with such questions as 'What life-long skills would you like to gain from Topology III?'... Plus he runs a blog and a wiki for the module, and every time someone comments on the blog with a question, an answer, a correction or whatever they are awarded a 'point'... And what do points make?
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Edenr)
I actually almost bought the first one once

I have Representation Theory, Galois Theory and Topology. Ossm (nicked). The Topology guy is so on top of things, it's actually quite reassuring. He gave us a questionnaire to fill in yesterday with such questions as 'What life-long skills would you like to gain from Topology III?'... Plus he runs a blog and a wiki for the module, and every time someone comments on the blog with a question, an answer, a correction or whatever they are awarded a 'point'... And what do points make?
PRIIIIIIIIIIIZES
*giggles and claps like an idiot*

Who's your Topology guy? He sounds pretty cool. Which reminds me - Dr Borgan - you owe me funny stories. He currently wants two freshers to be reps for the course, and showed us "Borgan's cheerleaders" which just means we stand up and cheer in lectures sometimes (as far as I can tell) and also his workers: proof-reader, bag carrier etc.

(It's ossm that you nicked my ossm. Ossm like a...?)
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PRIIIIIIIIIIIZES
*giggles and claps like an idiot*

Who's your Topology guy? He sounds pretty cool. Which reminds me - Dr Borgan - you owe me funny stories. He currently wants two freshers to be reps for the course, and showed us "Borgan's cheerleaders" which just means we stand up and cheer in lectures sometimes (as far as I can tell) and also his workers: proof-reader, bag carrier etc.

(It's ossm that you nicked my ossm. Ossm like a...?)
POSSUMMMMMM
*giggles (which leads to coughing bout) and claps like an idiot*

Topology guy is Vitaliy Kurlin. And I'm going to go for a course rep thingy thing this year; I wanted to do it last year but they had already filled the places Deffo this year.

Shazza stories cannot be realised into the public domain :ninja:
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nearly fell asleep in my stats lecture today
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Dude, you're famous in Durham! All the lecturers are talking about you...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads