Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Erm, I thought it went okay/could have gone worst when I came out, looking back now I think I could have done much better. I completely mucked up one station (the ethical scenario), the guy wasn't particularly nice, and I just seemed to spew incoherence's. By the way, I think we will hear shortly after the 5th of March, thats when the 'offers meeting' is.:eek: Well done on your PMS offer, it must be lovely already having a medicine offer!
    My ethics one went well (I had a woman ) it was my conflicting information one the I made a small mistake on and the ability to thrive in the UEA curriculum (at least I think that's what the station was)

And aww thanks It made me soooo happy I cannot tell you how much. I honestly thought (slightly irrationally) that I was just going to get 4 straight rejections, so 2 interviews was an achievement. There's four people at my college applying to do medicine and I was the last to hear about an interview, but I'm not the last to get an offer (second to last).

I'm sure one will come for you soon, your academics are probably way better than mine...did you not apply to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Just had my interview today!! I felt I did well in 5 out of the 7 stations, but the ethical stations I found a little difficult, I should've broken it down before trying to answer the question rather than going straight into it, as i started to forget important information. OOohhhh the pain of remembering something that you should've said in an interview.
    Do you need to get 7 "Goods" to ensure you get a place in UEA? If so, I dont think I got a place... The uni looked soo nice too :l.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by onebleach3)
    Just had my interview today!! I felt I did well in 5 out of the 7 stations, but the ethical stations I found a little difficult, I should've broken it down before trying to answer the question rather than going straight into it, as i started to forget important information. OOohhhh the pain of remembering something that you should've said in an interview.
    Do you need to get 7 "Goods" to ensure you get a place in UEA? If so, I dont think I got a place... The uni looked soo nice too :l.
    Haha don't worry, everyone comes out thinking "I should've said that" "Why did I say that" "I could've done better"

And as to the scoring, I think your scores from each station are added together and then ranked, and the top third get offers.

That's what I think anyway, it may be wrong

ReputationRep:

Ahh good to hear ( well kind of:p: ). Most people find the ethical scenario the hardest:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, my interview at East Anglia is on Monday. It WAS going to be on the 18th of December (one of the first) but it got rescheduled due to bad weather conditions till the 22nd of Feb (one of the last). I'd just like to know, i'm hoping to get there early. Once I'm there, do I need to sign in or register and where is it we show the ID i.e. passport etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badmanmeow)
    Hey guys, my interview at East Anglia is on Monday. It WAS going to be on the 18th of December (one of the first) but it got rescheduled due to bad weather conditions till the 22nd of Feb (one of the last). I'd just like to know, i'm hoping to get there early. Once I'm there, do I need to sign in or register and where is it we show the ID i.e. passport etc etc.

Hey. I was also meant to be on the 18th too. You will need to show your ID when your in the medical school; there are medical students sitting on tables with your stickers, and you show them the relevant documents. Good luck for your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I was also meant to be on the 18th too. You will need to show your ID when your in the medical school; there are medical students sitting on tables with your stickers, and you show them the relevant documents. Good luck for your interview!
    Thanks for the info. On one of the letters sent to me by mail it says you also need a photocopy of the ID you will taking. Is this neccessary? Also, will a passport, bank statement and birth certificate be fine as proof of ID?

Thanks again
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks for the info. On one of the letters sent to me by mail it says you also need a photocopy of the ID you will taking. Is this neccessary? Also, will a passport, bank statement and birth certificate be fine as proof of ID?

Thanks again
    Yes you need a photocopy and yup that's all fine as I.D.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    If it helps, last year people started hearing on 3/4th March so 2 weeks away which will go incredibly fast
    :eek: Is it really that close already? *wishes for time to slow down as has far too many deadlines due in March*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    :eek: Is it really that close already? *wishes for time to slow down as has far too many deadlines due in March*

Wow, I've just realized that it's just over a week till we might be hearing:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. "You will probably be hearing from us whether we have offered you a place within the next two or three weeks"

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. "You will probably be hearing from us whether we have offered you a place within the next two or three weeks"

Hope it went well....was freezing on my interview day

So almost the wait is over........

ReputationRep:
    Somebody on NMM has an offer from UEA:eek: I think they have been told reasonably early as they're an international:confused:

ReputationRep:
    A week or just over before we get to know the outcome ...

Good luck to everyone waiting..

ReputationRep:
    The wait is killing me! I think the response will be around 2-3 weeks from now. They said mid-march didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    The wait is killing me! I think the response will be around 2-3 weeks from now. They said mid-march didn't they?
    yep..that's what i was told at my interview...mid march....

hoping it will be a bit before that tho

ReputationRep:
    I hate this wait!!!! I'm getting so impatient, I feel like ringing them up every 5 minutes...

ReputationRep:
    I hate this wait!!!! I'm getting so impatient, I feel like ringing them up every 5 minutes...
    I was thinking of doing that but i remember they told us specifically not too lool waiting is really annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nushii)
    I was thinking of doing that but i remember they told us specifically not too lool waiting is really annoying

I've refrained from doing so - just. It is a long wait, though. When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I've refrained from doing so - just. It is a long wait, though. When was your interview?
    Erm 1st of feburary, Oh wow, its been almost a month now
    when was yours?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.