Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    third, was one of the people that was registering everyone at the start who had to mark them off on the list rather than the laptop as it wouldn't work for me.

clifton's really good during the week, constantly busy and we have markets linked to the city council on campus once a term so you can buy lots of different things plus we get a fruit/veg stall on campus twice a week so its a lot cheaper than the supermarkets and whole lot fresher.

the student union opens at midday on the weekend, unfortunately costa is only open on mon-friday which is a bit of a pain so is the cafes/canteen in george elliott too and the shop only opens at 11am on the weekends. its same with city campus though as the union and shop are only open certain hours while food outlets are mostly shut.
    ah i wasnt there right at the start. got there a bit later. and fair enough. its just at the other places i visited all the shops were open on saturdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    ah i wasnt there right at the start. got there a bit later. and fair enough. its just at the other places i visited all the shops were open on saturdays.
    sometimes they open them but only really if events are on but rest of the week they are always open but with so many shops and things close by and easily reachable to the city then most people aren't bothered by it much or seem to be anyway

ReputationRep:
    can sum1 tell me wen the city campus (sandby) opens to apply for accom.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone studying media or spanish? i went to the NTU open day yesterday and it seems pretty nice. i still cant decide between gill st accom or peverell????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandwine)
    Sweet, cheers for the help, think I'm leaning towards Hampden Halls at the moment
    No problem Hampden is good, I knew someone who used to live there in her first year, so I've been in them if you have any questions. Probably can't tell you much though aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    i know the prices for both peverell and the new accommodation on clifton if anyone wants to find out then quote me to know them
    have you seen what the new accomodation looks like from the inside? or has it not been built enough yet? if that makes any sense haha. damn was hoping the new accom wouldn't be so expensive, will have to try and work around it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedjay010)
    have you seen what the new accomodation looks like from the inside? or has it not been built enough yet? if that makes any sense haha. damn was hoping the new accom wouldn't be so expensive, will have to try and work around it!
    its not totally finished yet so unfortunately i won't see inside at all, I only know what it could look like from artists impressions and things. Knew it would be kinda expensive but not that much

ReputationRep:
    The Nottingham IQ and Clifton. Are they easy to travel and from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Any reason for O-Line? Think you can protect the QB and **** good?

I'm in my rookie season for Birmingham Bulls so will have experience when I get to uni! Receiver/Tight End for me by the way
    I get to get stuck right in and get cheered for violence, what other reason do you need

Lucky for you, i'm dying for some experience :O roll on september is what i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorts91)
    I get to get stuck right in and get cheered for violence, what other reason do you need

Lucky for you, i'm dying for some experience :O roll on september is what i say
    lol, training is hard sometimes but damn its good! Don't worry, we will all help you out come September so you learn the game quickly!

ReputationRep:
    lol, training is hard sometimes but damn its good! Don't worry, we will all help you out come September so you learn the game quickly!
    Can't wait just need some on the field experience now

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait just need some on the field experience now
    Ahh trust me you pick it up pretty quick! I thought it would take me ages but I actually picked it up pretty quick if I'm honest!

The hardest thing was getting used to pads! Seriously! lol... I must admit though for a receiver I'm sometimes scared of getting hit lol! But I enjoy it when I do! I got creamed yesterday in training and got badly winded but managed to hold onto the ball so was like yeah baby!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh trust me you pick it up pretty quick! I thought it would take me ages but I actually picked it up pretty quick if I'm honest!

The hardest thing was getting used to pads! Seriously! lol... I must admit though for a receiver I'm sometimes scared of getting hit lol! But I enjoy it when I do! I got creamed yesterday in training and got badly winded but managed to hold onto the ball so was like yeah baby!
    Nice i'm gonna see if i can get a little taster of D line too maybe but due to my size i reckon id be better suited for O Line its what i heard on the renegades forum anyway so just can't wait and yeah pads will be awkward to getting used to at first but bring it on!

ReputationRep:
    Nice i'm gonna see if i can get a little taster of D line too maybe but due to my size i reckon id be better suited for O Line its what i heard on the renegades forum anyway so just can't wait and yeah pads will be awkward to getting used to at first but bring it on!
    you gonna be staying on clifton mate? If so, I'll meet up with you or something and we can go down to training together?

D Line you have to be a quick big guy, O Line you gotta protect the QB like mad lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah peverell when i get the welcome pack i can book straight away, and sounds good
    and i reckon i can do either line after a few months in the gym so i reckon il just see where i belong come freshers hopefully il be good enough so i wont be a total disaster haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah peverell when i get the welcome pack i can book straight away, and sounds good
    and i reckon i can do either line after a few months in the gym so i reckon il just see where i belong come freshers hopefully il be good enough so i wont be a total disaster haha
    You an unconditional dude too?
    Yeah might be able too, just train and see come sept! Also, it's weird cos in training its O v D then in a game you're one! haha

ReputationRep:
    You an unconditional dude too?
    Yeah might be able too, just train and see come sept! Also, it's weird cos in training its O v D then in a game you're one! haha
    Yeah thank god dont know if i could've got a decent room come sept if i had to wait :O and oh a bit of friendly training never hurt anyone... too badly that is

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thank god dont know if i could've got a decent room come sept if i had to wait :O and oh a bit of friendly training never hurt anyone... too badly that is
    Me too! So we both will definitely be there and be a renegade! Woop! lol. The only thing we aren't alowed to do is flip people, but otherwise... lol. We have face offs too, the O have to get past the D, it's fun!

ReputationRep:
    ah im just so excited for it this year seems to have gone so slow since i settled everything and started to look forwart to going to ntu but not too long left now

ReputationRep:
    ah im just so excited for it this year seems to have gone so slow since i settled everything and started to look forwart to going to ntu but not too long left now
    haha the same happened here! I just want it to come quick!!! lol What you studying again?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.