Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    Caius here too, for compsci :grin: A*AA and 1,1 in STEP. There seems to be a lot of Caius offer holders here!

Congrats to all with offers :dance:
    Woo Caius!
    We've made a good college choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    I'm Pembroke!

I have an offer for PhysNatSci for A*AAA across (not in this order) Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology. (My french teacher is a bit miffed it doesnt include le francais )

Eeeeep so so so so so happy it's untrue. See you in Pembroke in October!

Im Pembroke too! PhysNatsci too ! A*AA from any of Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry.

Hopefully see you in October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mc^3)
    well done on the offer, i haven't seen you on the applicants' thread for a while, but i thought you'd get one... unlucky about the STEP reqirement though, I didn't think Compsci usually asked for STEP :confused:
    Thanks, and congrats on your offer too! Yeah, I kinda started lurking on the applicants's thread around interview time :P I might hang around on this thread more though. Compsci doesn't normally, unless you've picked the +maths option, which I have, and the STEP requirement is the same, yay Good luck with STEP, but I'm sure you won't need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caught_A_Glimpse)
    Woo Caius!
    Yep :grin: Brandspanking new accommodation for the year we enter too, apparently Hope to meet you in October, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieraser)
    So glad to finally be able to write on an offer-holders' thread I have an offer for English at Jesus. Any other English applicants around? Also, did anyone else have a fantastic night out last night? People are generous with free drinks when they hear you're going to Cambridge
    I've got an offer for English at Robinson!

ReputationRep:
    Yep :grin: Brandspanking new accommodation for the year we enter too, apparently Hope to meet you in October, and good luck!
    I heard about that
    Yep! Look forward to it!
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Emmanuel for English elated. I hope there are other Englishers around here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie9224)
    I've got an offer for English at Robinson!
    Congratulations! I don't think I saw Robinson but I can't wait to look around all the colleges when I'm there. How did you find your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.andy)
    Same here mate :P
    I was buying the drinks last night because people thought that since I got in, I should be the one buying them :P

(Original post by jamieraser)
    Well that aint right Honestly though, it's a pretty awesome feeling waking up and still having the letter on your desk - validates alot of hard work and worry.
    And yes jamieraser, it's so fulfilling to see all these months of hard work and studying for exams and reading really being worth it. I haven't got the letter yet, because i live in the Middle East, but I got my acceptance via email.
    I've checked the email about 20 times over just to check I wasn't dreaming :P

(Original post by Austrian)
    Congrats!! What kind of offer did you get?

I am from Austria and you?
    I live in the middle east, but I'm Indian and have been in the British schooling system all my life - so I like to think I'm pretty international
    Are you excited?

ReputationRep:
    offer for Linguisitcs at Selwyn
    AAA* (not including art)

so so so so surprized!

any other linguistics/selwyn offers here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neesa)
    offer for Linguisitcs at Selwyn
    AAA* (not including art)

so so so so surprized!

any other linguistics/selwyn offers here?

I'm medicine at selwyn cannot wait! looks such a nice college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner231)
    Offer from Emmanuel for English elated. I hope there are other Englishers around here...

Hey buddy, English at Pembroke right here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukes)
    I'm medicine at selwyn cannot wait! looks such a nice college
    ahha i know! bit sad but i fell in love with the gardens on my visit and thats probably what edged it in for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

I live in the middle east, but I'm Indian and have been in the British schooling system all my life - so I like to think I'm pretty international
    Are you excited?
    What a question....of course I am super excited. I can't wait!!!
    But first I have to meet all the conditions which isn't going to be an easy job....

You do sound really international which probably means you're doing the IB right? What conditions do have to fulfill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Austrian)
    What a question....of course I am super excited. I can't wait!!!
    But first I have to meet all the conditions which isn't going to be an easy job....

You do sound really international which probably means you're doing the IB right? What conditions do have to fulfill?
    Oh no, I'm international but I've been following a generally very British education system, so I'm doing the A levels.
    My offer is A*AA for any combination of subjects, I believe! (Which I'm very surprised about actually)! I've achieved an A* in maths already last year, as I completed it a year early, but I dont know if that counts towards my offer.

What system do you follow? and what are your conditions?
    I'm totally psyched. I never ever thought I would actually get in - it seemed like such a long shot My interviewers were so nice, I thought they were being nice to help me not feel like an idiot in my interview, because I did say some silly things :P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an offer for medicine at Christ's!? I can't find anyone

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here got a NatSci offer from Downing?

(Original post by UnderControl)
    Subject: MML (French and Italian)
    College: Downing
    Decision: Offer! A*AA with A* in French or Ancient Greek
    How did you find out: Post in a deceptively thin letter
    How do you feel: astounded and in utter shock.
    Just not what I expected at all (even though I had dreamt of it!)
    (Original post by why_white_y)
    Subject : Medical Sciences
    College : Downing college
    Offer : A*A*AA and being able to pay my tuition fees
    I got my letter today!
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Subject: Mathematics
    College: Downing
    Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional Offer: AA, 12 in STEP
    How did you find out and how do you feel? Letter, I feel like this --> :nutcase:
    Congrats to you guys We might see each other next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJBSussat)
    I've got one for Caius too for Engineering! A*AA in P/M/FM! But I don't need to do step I was so shocked. I'd convinced myself I wasn't getting an offer!
    I was exactly the same! My view was that if I believed that I wasn't going to get in, I'd either meet or exceed my expectations haha

(Original post by TomMcCarthy)
    Caius!!
    We might be in some of eachother's lectures (: As the first year of my course is 50% maths

How are you finding STEP?
    Yes maybe! Well I first looked at them in lesson yesterday, it was (II) and it was scary at first, but after spending some time afterwards it wasn't too bad I suppose. Four of the Qs were quite doable, but I spent so long working on some others for which I still don't have answers... It's difficult picking out which Q to start with. I daren't look at (III) yet though haha! I'm quite worried about my lack of preparation, and the college won't provide help for me! Such a shame...

Caius here too, for compsci :grin: A*AA and 1,1 in STEP. There seems to be a lot of Caius offer holders here!

Congrats to all with offers :dance:
    (Original post by Caught_A_Glimpse)
    Woo Caius!
    There are quite a few of us; it certainly is a great college Cannot wait!!! Though I would happily prolong STEP exams, given the choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    Anyone else got an offer for medicine at Christ's!? I can't find anyone
    Not a Medic, but I haven't seen another Christ's medic either.
    I've got an offer to read Natural Sciences from Christ's

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Trinity Hall to read Law

I actually got it via email on Thursday, but been a bit busy dancing with joy and forgot to post on TSR! But their conditions are crazy... :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.