Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011) Watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the F334 jan paper??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahahah)
    I was just about to e-mail my teacher for a copy- I'll upload it if he sends it me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahahah)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfF334Jan11.pdf (330.5 KB, 111 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Darn it! You beat me to it :P I have the mark scheme, if anybody wants it
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdfMS_F334_Jan11.pdf (242.5 KB, 133 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    What did you get for AS?
    I got a B overall in AS

ReputationRep:
    June 2011 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy easier than Jan 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Found this on tsr and thought i should upload it to this thread. Its revision notes based on the specification and they are pretty good.
    Hii,
    Do u by any chance know where i can find notes like these for f332? Or do u have any that you could please post up?
    Thank so much if u do/can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Kawaii)
    Hii,
    Do u by any chance know where i can find notes like these for f332? Or do u have any that you could please post up?
    no sorry. I remember asking the guy who made these, he said he has none for F332

ReputationRep:
    no sorry. I remember asking the guy who made these, he said he has none for F332
    hey do u know the page on which the f334 notes are on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pakizrulez)
    hey do u know the page on which the f334 notes are on this thread?
    nope sorry I have NO idea... ask Princess Kawaii he/she seems to have found it already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Kawaii)
    Hii,
    hey do u know on what page the f334 notes are on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pakizrulez)
    hey do u know on what page the f334 notes are on?
    Yep, they are on the very first page of this thread...as a PDF file. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    nope sorry I have NO idea... ask Princess Kawaii he/she seems to have found it already
    Thanks anyway ... "she" btw lol

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the f334 june 2011 paper

ReputationRep:
    from the jan 09 paper - can you explain to me why carboxylic acids are stronger acids than ethanol...also how does the equilibrium constant affect the equilibrium (if its 14.5 what does it mean)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshinesmile10)
    from the jan 09 paper - can you explain to me why carboxylic acids are stronger acids than ethanol...also how does the equilibrium constant affect the equilibrium (if its 14.5 what does it mean)
    Carboxylic acids/ ethanol:

When in water an H+ ion is lost from ethanol, leaving an O- behind. This negative charge is limited to that one oxygen, therefore the H+ is attracted back to the oxygen. (re forming the ethanol). Note that because of this the equilibrium of the reaction lies well over to the left, i.e. more ethanol than ions.

Now considering a carboxylic acid, when the H+ is lost, a COO- group is left. However this time the negative charge left on the oxygen (not the double bonded one) is distributed between BOTH oxygens in the COO-. This means the H+ is less attracted back to where it came from, and the equilibrium is less far to the left.

Also for F334 we do not need to know anything about equilibrium constants.

ReputationRep:
    Also I strongly advise using the notes posted on this topic, they are designed exactly for the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battsa)
    Also I strongly advise using the notes posted on this topic, they are designed exactly for the specification.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    If Anyone wants all the JAN 12 papers for biology and chemistry OCR A and B, heres the link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1943168
    Hi there
    clicked on your link but it didnt allow me access
    would you be able to upload pdf or direct links to the papers and mark schemes
    For A2 chemistry B and Biology units:
    -F334
    - F335
    - F214
    - F215
    Thanks so much
    For the Jan 2012 papers
    Thanks again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.