The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Noodlzzz
Good luck! :hugs:

Thank you. :redface:
Hope everyone's applications are going well!
Had an offer from Sussex yesterday for AAB. Just waiting on Exeter and Bath Spa to reply now...
Reply 443
Original post by myheartisinthehome

Had an offer from Sussex yesterday for AAB. Just waiting on Exeter and Bath Spa to reply now...

congrats! can i ask, when did you send off your ucas! iv applied there too! :-)
Reply 444

i swear exeter are taking ages! i've unsubscribed to all emails apart from ucas and family :eek:
Original post by elle.r.s
congrats! can i ask, when did you send off your ucas! iv applied there too! :-)

thanks :smile: it was officially sent off on the 28th of October... my school took ages to send it off! where have you applied to? :smile:

Original post by BexyBear
i swear exeter are taking ages! i've unsubscribed to all emails apart from ucas and family :eek:

i know! some people had them early on and they seem to have stopped recently... i haven't got much hope as my prediction is AAB and obviously they want AAA/AAB so highly doubt i shall get an offer... but i'm so happy about kent/sussex so it doesn't matter! i have a heart attack every time i get an email :L i got mine while i was revising for psychology at school, was quite a surprise/ironic!
Reply 446
Original post by Jess Holly
You go there, I take it? I went there yesterday to look round and it seemed like a great place to be, pretty much everyone I saw looked like they were having a good time :smile: what do you think of it?

Hi

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have been rushed off my feet sorting out my third year project/dissertation. Yes I go there :yes: It is hard work but I still love it (most of the time :tongue:) Like any psychology department, the department here has its own pros and cons. It is not right for everyone, so do your research. I am happy to answer any questions.
Reply 447

[QUOTE="myheartisinthehome;34982896"]thanks :smile: it was officially sent off on the 28th of October... my school took ages to send it off! where have you applied to? :smile:

I sent off on the 9th, so hopefully something soon! I've applied to Duhram, St Andrews, Sussex , Southampton and Nottingham, where else have you applied?
[QUOTE="rose.3445;34991554"]
thanks :smile: it was officially sent off on the 28th of October... my school took ages to send it off! where have you applied to? :smile:

I sent off on the 9th, so hopefully something soon! I've applied to Duhram, St Andrews, Sussex , Southampton and Nottingham, where else have you applied?

Hopefully you do! I've had offers from Kent, Sussex, and Bournemouth and still waiting on Exeter and Bath Spa!
Reply 449
Goldsmiths- conditional offer AAB
Queen Mary
UCL
Brunel
Middlesex
xx
Do you guys suppose offers from Newcastle will be arriving soon? I know a few people who have got offers for other subjects (law, biomedicine).
Reply 451
applied at;
Bath
Surrey
Nottingham
Warwick
York

predicted 3A*'s
only had an offer off surrey so far, a bit worried.
Original post by Bluth.
Hi

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have been rushed off my feet sorting out my third year project/dissertation. Yes I go there :yes: It is hard work but I still love it (most of the time :tongue:) Like any psychology department, the department here has its own pros and cons. It is not right for everyone, so do your research. I am happy to answer any questions.

No worries, thanks for replying :smile: So what kind of people do you think it doesn't suit, or are having a difficult time? Any pros or cons that stand out?
Original post by yaymeg
i'm applying for the psychological practice MSci, i haven't heard anything either... except for an email asking me to confirm what my 1st and 2nd placement preferences were... i'm not sure if everyone who applied got sent it, i was just naughty and didn't put it in my PS (I was concerned it would make my other choices aware of where i was applying, so my teachers advised me to leave it out.... turned out not to be a big deal though =D glad i didn't waste the PS characters now :tongue: )

Let me know if you hear anything XD

same situation :smile: applying for psychological practice too!!!
yeah i got the same email asking about placement choices, i think everyone did... but not sure!
what did u pick?
ahhh its making me so nervous that i havent heard anything yet! do u know when the interviews normally are, before or after christmas?
:biggrin:
Reply 454
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how long bath, leeds, sheffield, nottingham or cardiff take to get back to you? my application has nearly been sent off for two weeks now and eager to hear from them aha other people seem to be getting replies for other courses whcih ucas froms sent off at similar times any ideas?
Original post by rosierm
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how long bath, leeds, sheffield, nottingham or cardiff take to get back to you? my application has nearly been sent off for two weeks now and eager to hear from them aha other people seem to be getting replies for other courses whcih ucas froms sent off at similar times any ideas?

Both leeds and sheffield took 15 days to get back to me :smile:
Original post by ravenhadley1617555
yeah i got the same email asking about placement choices, i think everyone did... but not sure!
what did u pick?
ahhh its making me so nervous that i havent heard anything yet! do u know when the interviews normally are, before or after christmas?

man, I'm really jealous, I'm hoping to transfer to the MSci from the BSci as I dont do A Level Maths, :P means I have to work really hard if I do go to birmingham haha
Reply 457
Original post by ravenhadley1617555
what did u pick?

I haven't heard anything yet either since the email! I put forensic 1st and clinical 2nd, you? ... I have no idea when they interview which is really annoying because I kind of want to know if there's a period of time I need to keep free, and also so i know whether I should be worried or not about whether I should have heard something or not....... really hope I get an interview =/
Got two ABB offers for Psychology from Glasgow and Queen's Belfast. Ecstatic!
Reply 459
just got A*AA from UCL yay!!!

Quick Reply

Latest