Edinburgh Students Society Watch

michaela_banana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yet again I feel like the only person in the world not to have seen pulp fiction. My mam holds a very low view of tarantino and he is thus banned in our house. I've seen kill bill 1 (didn't like it at all) and sin city (loved it) but nothing else.
beanie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ankita_patnaik)
oooooh a fellow Goo Goo Dolls fan. What's your favourite Album beanie and is Dizzy your favourite song. Iris is like the theme song to my life and Slide describes my entire romantic history lol.
yaha indeed... dizzy is my favourite, and the album its on too- dizzy up the girl. The lyrics i've got in my sig are amazing. they remind me of my boyfriend and the reasons i love him, hehe. Iris is good too, it was last weeks song of the week (yeah, I have a song of the week...) I like black ballon from that album too.
ankita_patnaik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
English Language and Linguistics- and I am more excited than I could ever have imagined! I really cannot wait!

I applied to Pollock Halls, I am extremely lazy and would like to have my tea and breakfast cooked for me. plus there will be lots and lots of students living there who I can (hopefully) befriend

where would you like to go?
Wow, English Language and Linguistics huh? To be honest Literature is my first love, Economics is a second and more lucrative love. I am really excited about university, can barely concentrate on my exams. I'm Indian so I'm going for self-catered so I can manage to cook some rubbish excuse for spicy food for myself. I was thinkign hermit's croft, east newington place or south cler street so i can stay close to pollocks but have a flat. I'm hoping flats arent too lonely but im a fairly outgoing person so im hoping ill make friends regardless. Tell me more, what's your offer, where do you live and on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you? (i scored 15678)
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by michaela_banana)
yet again I feel like the only person in the world not to have seen pulp fiction. My mam holds a very low view of tarantino and he is thus banned in our house. I've seen kill bill 1 (didn't like it at all) and sin city (loved it) but nothing else.
Nope, never fear you are not alone. I too have never seen Pulp Fiction, mainly cos I was realyl young when it was released in theatres and from then on have lvied in obscure places that do not stock Tarantino DVDs for lack of demand. Hoping to get my flatmate to tell me all abt it in September lol.
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by beanie)
yaha indeed... dizzy is my favourite, and the album its on too- dizzy up the girl. The lyrics i've got in my sig are amazing. they remind me of my boyfriend and the reasons i love him, hehe. Iris is good too, it was last weeks song of the week (yeah, I have a song of the week...) I like black ballon from that album too.
Lol, Dizzy is sort of my song for my guy as well. I guess its just too goddamn beautiful to resist - you have to fall in love with it! (kinda like him, for me anyway hehe). I love most of their albums, Black Balloon is a great song, I've named my poetry journal after it. Better days is quite nice too.
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've got pulp fiction on dvd, but never got around to watching it. After the exams are over, I'm going spend my summer reading trashy novels and watching dvds into the early hours...blisssss.
beanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ankita_patnaik)
Tell me more, what's your offer, where do you live and on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you? (i scored 15678)
ha ha Carly is off the scale, she would have moved in the second she got her offers (UNCONDITIONAL may i add... grrr) if she was able too.

I've never seen pulp fiction either, I suggest a group watching of it when we arrive in Edinburgh to get us all up to scratch.
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah and ill bring my dvd........from Glasgow innit.
HAHA
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ha ha Carly is off the scale, she would have moved in the second she got her offers (UNCONDITIONAL may i add... grrr) if she was able too.

I've never seen pulp fiction either, I suggest a group watching of it when we arrive in Edinburgh to get us all up to scratch.
hahaha you know me tooooo well! sorry to you all, i have been working so much lately and then going out at night so ive not had much of a chance to get on here. how is everyone?

fourteen weeks on saturday until we get there... not that i am counting or anything! :rolleyes:
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
Not that that's sad or anything...

My boss found out my last exam is tomorrow and has me working full-time as of wednesday.

It's going to be awful.

I have my prom a week tomorrow though! Sooo excited, it's at the Roxburghe Hotel woeii.
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has anyone got any exciting plans for the summer hols?
MissSmith
Rep:
?
yeah- i am working full time at Somerfields! how much more fun can you pack in to that?!?! and i am also getting clarence up from london, show her the joys of the countryside life. it is going to be quite a culture shock for her, methinks!

how about yourself?
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah man im coming up!!!! xxxxxxxxx
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
yeah- i am working full time at Somerfields! how much more fun can you pack in to that?!?! and i am also getting clarence up from london, show her the joys of the countryside life. it is going to be quite a culture shock for her, methinks!

how about yourself?
Haha! I'll probably end up doing the same, I'm on the look out for a full-time job. I need money for some fun nights out in Edinburgh! Also my mum is taking me to Florence, Italy for my 21st birthday on the 4th of September, I get back just two days before uni starts, so packing should be funnnnnnn.
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by winterblue)
I've got pulp fiction on dvd, but never got around to watching it. After the exams are over, I'm going spend my summer reading trashy novels and watching dvds into the early hours...blisssss.
Ooh trashy novels and interesting DVDs - i know who to befriend already. Yay for post-exam laziness/craziness.
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I second the motion. Nothing to forge new friendships like the glorification of the seemingly amoral.
Lucyvet2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hiya,
Just been looking on the internet (because C4 revision is soooo impossible) at details of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Obviously I'm going to live in Edinburgh next year + the festival is really ace, so would love to go up there. I looked on the website and there are lots of jobs for leafletters/ushers etc that would offer the chance to earn enough money to stay in Edinburgh and see some of the festival.
There's lots of jobs for leafletting/ushering 20th-28th August going that I'd really like to do- should be a fun and sunny great week! However I'd need accomodation and the cheapest way of doing this would be to stay in somebody's flat (lots of people rent out rooms/flats during the festival, and advertise on the website www.edfringe.com).
Not sure if I want to/would be allowed to go and stay in someone's house alone, but would be ace to go up with another 1 or 2 people. Is anyone interested in coming the hell with me?! I've emailed some of my friends asking but I know people are really busy in summer, and since I might meet you guys next year anyway, you're honerary friends!
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
The fringe is fab! I'm going to see Radiohead and Beck in August!
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Grr...don't you hate it when people negative rep you for the stupidest reasons! Anyyyyway, quick question, lovely Edinburgh people - I've applied for Pollock halls, some uni's require you to move all of your stuff out in the holidays, do we have to do that?
MissSmith
Rep:
?
hahaha lucy you have oh so much to learn! when i was at the fringe last year, it rained. scotland does not have te best weather, regardless of the time of year! its so annoying but you will get used to it! i would love to go with you but i have work already and i dont think i am due any holidays.

i think that you have to take your stuff out over one holiday but not another. but i am not certain on that. i will find out for you. we defo have to move out during one holiday, though.

how are the English students exams going? That will be all the highers done now is it? is everyone confident?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (280)
80.46%
Leave (68)
19.54%

Watched Threads