ReputationRep:
    Good luck this morning everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordFishlock)
    Lol why does no one do Hume

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hume is the most difficult.

ReputationRep:
    the mill questions were really friendly! shocked the harm principle came up.

how'd you guys do?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think Plato was strangely simple.. They were literally my dream questions (I did the claims of knowledge q)

ReputationRep:
    Mill questions were a godsend, freedom of speech/expression was what I was hoping for most for a 15 marker, and the Harm Principle 45 marker was great as the way it was worded you could also tie in freedom of action also for extra analysis. I think I did pretty well, hopefully it'll make up for my shoddy answer for the Political Philosophy part of PHIL3.

ReputationRep:
    Loved the first question on the mill- the 15 marker. The 45 markers were good too I think I just lacked the practise of doing them which I why I found it slightly difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glendale123)
    Did anyone else think Plato was strangely simple.. They were literally my dream questions (I did the claims of knowledge q)
    So happy! I thought they were very generous with the cave 15 mark! I did the rulers can be right one.

My teacher has a theory about why the questions have been so nice for both papers - there's very limited philosophy examiners compared to other subjects, they're going to have double work next June cause there's no jan exams so everybody takes both papers in June, the examiners are going to be over loaded so they want to cut back on resits from us LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, hope you found the exam okay. I just wanted to ask something about the Plato question. The 45 marker on the philosopher rulers, which section was that from? Because I discussed majority political, but knowledge and virtue? Or will they mark both! :P Help!!! Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saima12345)
    Hey everyone, hope you found the exam okay. I just wanted to ask something about the Plato question. The 45 marker on the philosopher rulers, which section was that from? Because I discussed majority political, but knowledge and virtue? Or will they mark both! :P Help!!! Thankss
    I talked about mainly political

ReputationRep:
    so what did people talk about for the Plato 45 marker on knowledge confined to the forms?

ReputationRep:
    We all finished the exam and said how lovely the questions were. Even if we don't get good grades we enjoyed it.

(Original post by millie-rose)
    So happy! I thought they were very generous with the cave 15 mark! I did the rulers can be right one.

My teacher has a theory about why the questions have been so nice for both papers - there's very limited philosophy examiners compared to other subjects, they're going to have double work next June cause there's no jan exams so everybody takes both papers in June, the examiners are going to be over loaded so they want to cut back on resits from us LOL
    They gave us niiiiice questions. I started planning that one and decided to do the Forms one instead.

(Original post by AJ35)
    so what did people talk about for the Plato 45 marker on knowledge confined to the forms?
    I did that I agreed with him, used divided line and maths to show that it's coherent and then did about knowing that/of/how and how Greeks used epistēmē which was all of them... I found it rather enjoyable to write since there was so much you could apply. :-) a lot of people in my class (I say 'a lot', there's 8 of us...) did different stuff for that question if they did that one. (Most did Plato's rulers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ35)
    I had luckily done the question from 2010 where it's along the lines of "Claims of knowledge beyond sense experience are bound to fail" and I thought that this question was fairly similar. So I adapted my practice essay to this. Started off by explaining the Forms then went into the Sun, then into the Divided Line then the Cave (so I had to write the Cave twice ) I then criticised the Forms with the Third Man argument. I then got onto rationalism vs. empiricism (focused on the Forms/Plato obviously) and finished with saying that the Forms are simply ridiculous and I disagreed.

Not sure if I did it correctly but I felt like I've done alright!

ReputationRep:
    I had luckily done the question from 2010 where it's along the lines of "Claims of knowledge beyond sense experience are bound to fail" and I thought that this question was fairly similar. So I adapted my practice essay to this. Started off by explaining the Forms then went into the Sun, then into the Divided Line then the Cave (so I had to write the Cave twice ) I then criticised the Forms with the Third Man argument. I then got onto rationalism vs. empiricism (focused on the Forms/Plato obviously) and finished with saying that the Forms are simply ridiculous and I disagreed.

Not sure if I did it correctly but I felt like I've done alright!
    Same here! I planned that essay last night, luckily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saima12345)
    I was wondering about that too. Is it possible that it was knowledge & virtue and politics? Anyway that's what I thought it was. I answered it in two parts (although I linked them both together). I did knowledge & virtue for whether Plato's rulers would know what is right and politics on whether the rulers would do what is right.

Btw what did u include?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkkassikassi)
    the mill questions were really friendly! shocked the harm principle came up.

how'd you guys do?
    Yep - I couldn't believe my luck when I opened the paper. Even though I wasn't worried about part a), it was very easy. And I was so thankful to get to talk about the Harm Principle!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone answer the miracle question on Hume? What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    How did my fellow Ubermensch find the Nietzsche questions?

I think I did alright on both, the religion question took a bit of thought to plan, but I felt it went smoothly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totopink)
    Did anyone answer the miracle question on Hume? What did you write?
    I did this. Wrote about Hume's non analytic arguments such as lack of number of people, lack of people of sufficient integrity, and miracles of different religions competing with each other. Showed that they weren't sufficient to establish that belief in miracles will 'always' be irrational because they are limited to miracles of the past and don't undermine the possibility of future miracles. Then I talked about how Hume's analytic argument succeeds as long as we accept the definitions he establishes in sections VI and X, went on to consider possible criticisms of the definitions but concluded that his claim was justified in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Plato's rulers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliaABlu)
    Did anyone do Plato's rulers?
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.