Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    Got health and social on monday history on Wednesday any tips for either of these exams.
    For history (I did WJEC), I made lists of dates, names, and figures and condensed them and then learnt them off by heart, the first two more than the figures sheet becaue I didn't have time. It helped so much! Try that...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    Got health and social on monday history on Wednesday any tips for either of these exams.
    Which unit of history are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nombo)
    For history (I did WJEC), I made lists of dates, names, and figures and condensed them and then learnt them off by heart, the first two more than the figures sheet becaue I didn't have time. It helped so much! Try that...?
    What you on in history so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jame1234)
    Gcse product design today 14th june 2013 anyonee Aqa?
    I took the paper today ~ how did you find it? I thought it was really different from past papers, there were many things that I didn't expect to
    come up and I really didn't like the batch production questions. How many marks do you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubblyKYP)
    I took the paper today ~ how did you find it? I thought it was really different from past papers, there were many things that I didn't expect to
    come up and I really didn't like the batch production questions. How many marks do you think you got?

Hi, i didn't take the paper today was just wondering what it was like haha i did it last year, and i was hoping last year that production wouldn't come up on mine cus i hated it haha what else was on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chank062)
    That isosceles triangle question got me really confused cause I thought an isosceles triangle had two similar sides, not all three :/
    The same for me! I've never seen an isosceles triangle with three equal sides :/

I found the legal considerations for the school hard, but everything else was fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gGinaa)
    Now one lol, just finished maths the calculator paper, now got history left for wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which history is it? I thought all the boards did it at the same time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which unit of history are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am doing edexel protest law and order so stuff like suffragettes poll tax miners strike.

ReputationRep:
    Snap, will be my last one ! Any predictions as to which is likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    What you on in history so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*. Trust me, it is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nombo)
    A*. Trust me, it is really helpful
    What's really helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    What's really helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Making the lists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nombo)
    Making the lists.
    Yeah. I did my first 2 units last summer and then the last one earlier this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what came up in the January exam for Edexcel B Protest Law and Order paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vics.hart)
    Does anyone have any idea what came up in the January exam for Edexcel B Protest Law and Order paper?

They dont do January exams anymore, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjackson)
    Which history is it? I thought all the boards did it at the same time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, so yeah, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, my exam board is edexcel, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jame1234)
    They dont do January exams anymore, sorry
    I don't know about that but they did do one in January 2013 and I wanted to find out which of the four topics came up as can only find past papers up until 2012.

Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 history exams in total, finished two already and got one left on War and transformation of British society 1931-51 (option 3B), each exam counts as 1/4 of the final mark, and the controlled assessments count as 1/4 too, so yeah, may be the boards do it separately, dont know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Blimey that's a lot, I only had controlled assessment (one essay) that was 25%, and then two exams, one on international relations 1918-39 and Russia which was 45% and then one on Britain from 1890-1918 that was 30%. It would seem so :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vics.hart)
    I don't know about that but they did do one in January 2013 and I wanted to find out which of the four topics came up as can only find past papers up until 2012.

Thanks anyway
    January 2013 was the last ones....

Do they still do Maths in November ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.