Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WOW! ******* sensational. Some of the results were shocking but not all! I heard that the crowd went proper mental and ecstatic when Taker won. Phenomenal!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why Undertaker always wins at WM. It's just getting stupid now.

Does he have it written in his contract or something? I wouldn't be surprised.

He should have lost matches at WM9,WM12, WM17, WM22, and WM29.

I am sickened.

ReputationRep:
    People are hating on the Main Event because of their dislike of Cena.

The Rock is always at the top of his game, and I think WM29 was his 3rd best ever WM performance, after WM19 and WM18.

Cena OUT!

ReputationRep:
    No surprise Punk Taker match was the highlight. Pretty annoyed Ziggler didn't cash in his MITB case. Annoying that he seems to only use it as a weapon instead of cash it in... Does he know hes got a title match contract :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Just found a site that had the last 5 or so minutes of the last few matches, all looked pretty terrible. The commentary was Spanish and even they sounded asleep.

Why were they pretending some corporate jobber could lock a Kimura onto the UFC Heavyweight champion over and over with no defence

Did Big Show turn heel? Almost by accident?

Even seeing the last 5 minutes of the main event was too much to cope with, somehow skipped forward a couple minutes just to end it :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Rock Cena was finisher overkill if there ever was one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    x
    https://mobile.twitter.com/superlilp...58334767726592

Hoping there's some better entertainment tonight.

(Original post by senz72)
    Anyone really hate the crowd last night?

Me and someone else were arguing that if they had a ppv here, that the audiences here would be equally lame?
    Though I've never been to a live event, I felt like what I saw with TNA at Wembley (don't ask me why I watched it!), the atmosphere for a WWE PPV would be pretty epic.

What do you guys think?
    UK crowds are great! Look out for Raw on the 22nd of April, that will be in London.

ReputationRep:
    Watched the whole event for the first time ever! Don't regret it either, epic show. Even if the 3 main events were predictable as heck.

Will The Rock be staying on WWE? He's too big to just be a part timer, I hoped he'd come back properly, looks like it's just back to Cena/Punk which doesn't inspire me to follow WWE at all tbh...

The HHH/Lesnar match though, just me who thought that was brilliant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Watched the whole event for the first time ever! Don't regret it either, epic show. Even if the 3 main events were predictable as heck.

Will The Rock be staying on WWE? He's too big to just be a part timer, I hoped he'd come back properly, looks like it's just back to Cena/Punk which doesn't inspire me to follow WWE at all tbh...

The HHH/Lesnar match though, just me who thought that was brilliant?
    Nope, me also.

The entire match was very well orchestrates bar a couple of botches. I spent the entire thing questioning the complete lack of fan engagement in such a good match. My only problem was the finish, I hoped Shawn would inadvertently cost Hunter the match.

ReputationRep:
    For wrestlemania xxx, they should do rock vs taker. Also there rumours of rock wrestling at extreme rules I would love to see another rock vs triple h fight, for old times sake. Gosh I miss the good old days, better than getting cena shoved down your throat every week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    THAT WAS THE PERFECT ****ING OPPORTUNITY FOR A HEEL TURN.

All he had to do was shake his hand then hit him with the belt. Why WWE? This is the worst Wrestlemania I've ever seen. :cry:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Terrible Wrestlemania overall.
    So people are still complaining about Mania. And a funny thing is, some of you are those who didn't even buy it. Just streamed it.

When you think of it, it's like a guy complaining about the mileage of a car he stole from the street to the owner himself.

Classic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    So people are still complaining about Mania. And a funny thing is, some of you are those who didn't even buy it. Just streamed it.

When you think of it, it's like a guy complaining about the mileage of a car he stole from the street to the owner himself.

Classic.
    That's some pretty dire logic right there.

You're basically saying that unless someone purchases a service they're not entitled to comment on it or criticise it. Naturally you apply this rationale to everything in life you do? So you don't comment on news stories in newspapers you didn't buy? Or you don't have an opinion on music which you don't personally own? I didn't buy it because I knew it would be dire and predictable and I was proved right.

Now back under your bridge please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishnets)
    For wrestlemania xxx, they should do rock vs taker. Also there rumours of rock wrestling at extreme rules I would love to see another rock vs triple h fight, for old times sake. Gosh I miss the good old days, better than getting cena shoved down your throat every week.
    Last night was the first time that i've watched any wrestling in a long time. It's changed quite a bit. I felt a bit like that old guy from the Shawshank Redemption after he was released from prison.

I didn't like discovering that since i'd last watched it, not only had Paul Bearer left wrestling, but had died! Bloody hell. Announcers tables are seemingly more sturdy, and 'finishing moves' no longer finish them. And is it not cool for wrestlers to have long hair anymore?

What it needed I think was a TLC triple-threat tag team match, The Hardy Boyz v The Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian. Wrestlemania 17 :eek3: That was always one of my favourite matches when I was younger, I was a big Hardy Boyz fan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Rock Cena was finisher overkill if there ever was one...
    That's been going on for years tbh. The Rock v Austin at WM19 comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Anyone really hate the crowd last night?

Me and someone else were arguing that if they had a ppv here, that the audiences here would be equally lame?

Though I've never been to a live event, I felt like what I saw with TNA at Wembley (don't ask me why I watched it!), the atmosphere for a WWE PPV would be pretty epic.

What do you guys think?
    Open stadium makes it seem that way to us, that's why. However, on other sites, many people said that the crowd was great (at times). Here's an example:

"Undertaker and CM Punk had WAY more pop than everyone else that night; it wasn't even close. Half the stadium stood up for CM Punk and damn near every single person there stood up for the Taker. Punk had significantly more merchandised out fans than anyone else - probably by about a 3:1 ratio.

John Cena was loved by about 40% of the crowd and reviled by 60% of the crowd. The Rock's pops were really big when he came in and when he went for the people's elbow. When Cena won, half the stadium left in spite.

The crowd loved Jericho/Fandango and was engaged throughout the match and far more so than in Henry/Ryback, Lesnar/Triple H and DelRio/Swagger. People went big for Jericho but Fandango had a nice cult following.

Orton was the biggest in the 6 man tag but only about average on the night. The Shield got more love than team wwe.

Henry/Ryback resulted in "boring" chats at multiple times. Ryback got pops when he entered but it went away almsot immediately.

DelRio/Swagger had very little pop as well. Nobody cared. "We Want Ziggler" was chanted throughout the match and there were a ton of boos when the light went out over the ring after the match; everyone that it was going to happen.

Team Hell No got a massive pop when they came out.

People lost interest in Triple H/Lesnar. There were cool moments but it was very very very slow to watch in person, especially after punk/taker which stole the show."

Although yes, UK crowds for RAW are much better than the average US crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    . What it needed I think was a TLC triple-threat tag team match, The Hardy Boyz v The Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian. Wrestlemania 17 :eek3: That was always one of my favourite matches when I was younger, I was a big Hardy Boyz fan!

I couldn't agree any more; the days of the hardy boys and remembering the catchphrase "Devon get the table", would always get me off my chair. These days we rather have guys like fandango and Dolph zigger on our screens, what makes it worse is how wwe has become so boring and predictable,as Kane has lost his fear factor. During the attitude era he was a monster and now he's merely a dressed up red fairy. The wwe need to break away from the pg-era and reignite a new attitude era. All the legends like rock and triple h, need to move over or the new talent will never get given a decent chance to shine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the event felt rushed to me

ReputationRep:
    Last year's match was under-whelming despite a good crowd atmosphere, the crowd energy was great once Rock got the pin.

Didn't watch the PPV last night but this second encounter seems to have been filled with counter reversals, finishers - maybe a ploy to make it more entertaining to better last year's which can't have been too hard.

But it seems the crowd went dead after the Taker/Punk match so didn't invest in the main event.

How was the whole match, and atmosphere etc?

The ending was maybe abit OTT - Cena should have stayed in the ring but they probably thought he'd get booed so that's why they had him go to the ramp.

In other comments - the stadium was about 80,000 crowd plus it being open-air and a football stadium makes it tough to judge the crowd. I think it's indoors for WM30.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like HHH wining at all. It makes no sense. Lesnar is supposed to be some wrecking machine that dominates people for fun, yet he's lost twice and won once since his return. Doesn't make him look that good at all.

It wasn't a very impressive Mania as a whole. I'm not even that excited about Raw tonight which should never be the case after a PPV, especially Mania.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Last night was the first time that i've watched any wrestling in a long time. It's changed quite a bit. I felt a bit like that old guy from the Shawshank Redemption after he was released from prison.

I didn't like discovering that since i'd last watched it, not only had Paul Bearer left wrestling, but had died! Bloody hell. Announcers tables are seemingly more sturdy, and 'finishing moves' no longer finish them. And is it not cool for wrestlers to have long hair anymore?

What it needed I think was a TLC triple-threat tag team match, The Hardy Boyz v The Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian. Wrestlemania 17 :eek3: That was always one of my favourite matches when I was younger, I was a big Hardy Boyz fan!

That was a nutty match.

I stopped watching around the time wrestlers like Edge and Rey Mysterio start winning World Titles though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.