Just got a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mari_Chuela)
    Just got a rejection
    They didn't want me either

ReputationRep:
    I just received a rejection too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no....I just got rejected... At least I have an offer from QMU, so it's not the end of the world I hope the rest of you receive positive news!!!

ReputationRep:
    oww guys
    hope you have offers elsewhere, or are still waiting from other uni's.

don't give up or get disheartened, my friend applied for 2 years and then got offers from all of her choices, i think it will happen when it is your time to happen definitely
    ask for feedback even if they say they can't -- all need to persist that !
    x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many places Essex has? And roughly how many people apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAM1992)
    I don't know how many people apply, but this year they have 25 funded places and 5 non-funded places for international students.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection too

ReputationRep:
    I just got a rejection too. Absolutely gutted. You were right crazy chick they have given out rejections today. :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holpol87)
    I just got a rejection too. Absolutely gutted. You were right crazy chick they have given out rejections today. :-(
    I knew it. I don't feel as gutted as before because after Tuesday I knew what the outcome would be. I only applied to city!!! Good luck with Essex. I guess their closing date has gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAM1992)
    Last year they had 400 applicants. I enquired last Feb and that whats admissions told me. I would imagine they have had the same if not more this year. I think they interview 120 people across the months. And yes 30 places as someone else has said. So not a huge amount of hope for me getting on that one either! When is your interview for Essex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_chick1)
    I knew it. I don't feel as gutted as before because after Tuesday I knew what the outcome would be. I only applied to city!!! Good luck with Essex. I guess their closing date has gone.
    Essex dont specify a closing date so you may well still be able to apply. It is worth checking, they used to announce the closing date via the web pages but their site has recently changed. Will you apply later this year for 2015 intake? I have applied for City's undergraduate course too (even thought its two years longer!) but I'm not holding much hope for that. If they have already rejected me once, they will obviously do it again! Its so disheartening. What kind of experience did you have Crazy chick? I wish they gave out feedback. I have experience as an SLTA and yet still no offer. They say its all about reflection and not experience- I reflected my heart out. I really do think its partly chance if you get on as everyone who applies is so talented and experienced.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to apply for 2015 for all unis because I would have finished my degree by then (finish this july).
    My experience has only been with children in early years, working alongside a speech and lang therapist and implementing things she has taught me into my practice. I run speech and lang groups with children 3 times a week. I've shadowed the therapist in other early years settings. Worked with a child who stammers. I reflected on my experience in my application. I also stated that my experience has mainly been with early years.

Essex dont specify a closing date so you may well still be able to apply. It is worth checking, they used to announce the closing date via the web pages but their site has recently changed. Will you apply later this year for 2015 intake? I have applied for City's undergraduate course too (even thought its two years longer!) but I'm not holding much hope for that. If they have already rejected me once, they will obviously do it again! Its so disheartening. What kind of experience did you have Crazy chick? I wish they gave out feedback. I have experience as an SLTA and yet still no offer. They say its all about reflection and not experience- I reflected my heart out. I really do think its partly chance if you get on as everyone who applies is so talented and experienced.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to apply for 2015 for all unis because I would have finished my degree by then (finish this july).
    My experience has only been with children in early years, working alongside a speech and lang therapist and implementing things she has taught me into my practice. I run speech and lang groups with children 3 times a week. I've shadowed the therapist in other early years settings. Worked with a child who stammers. I reflected on my experience in my application. I also stated that my experience has mainly been with early years.
    Sounds like you had loads of experience though. What's your degree subject? God knows how they cut it down from 800 to 80 applicants! How old is your little one? (I noticed you said you had a child at nursery in one of your old posts.) I have a pre-school aged child too. Part of me thinks maybe it was for the best as I live in Essex, it would have been a long commute (2 hours each way) especially with my little one starting school this year. Just trying to make myself feel better!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, my theory is that they sent offers yesterday and will send rejections on Friday. I actually feel like I am waiting for a rejection letter. If they sent out offers and rejections yesterday I would feel a lot better.
    If its any help I got my rejection email today from City. Cant say im not gutted but i guess it cant be changed, always next year to apply to again and fingers crossed I will get somwhere
    Well done to everyone who got offers and to all those who did not get the news they wanted, dont beat yourself up You can only try your best. x

ReputationRep:
    Hello again,

Sorry if this is a big question but I was just wondering about funding living costs if studying in London? I know there is a loan but not sure if that would be a great idea, tried looking at scholarships too and not found much. Any advice would really help please

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you had loads of experience though. What's your degree subject? God knows how they cut it down from 800 to 80 applicants! How old is your little one? (I noticed you said you had a child at nursery in one of your old posts.) I have a pre-school aged child too. Part of me thinks maybe it was for the best as I live in Essex, it would have been a long commute (2 hours each way) especially with my little one starting school this year. Just trying to make myself feel better!
    She is 4 and starts school this September too. She missed last septembers intake by 23 days. I live in hertfordshire and was thinking about applying to essex but the it would take nearly 2 hrs to commute.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard back from reading, yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faria_i)
    Hope all those waiting to hear from City hear some good news soon.

I heard on Tuesday afternoon and joined a Facebook group for SLT City 2014 students that someone on this forum created, but there's only 9 members so far, so I do think they are yet to contact more successful candidates good luck everyone x

congrats on getting into city! do you know what the fb group link is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee.s)
    congrats on getting into city! do you know what the fb group link is?
    Thank you! Have you been offered a place at City too? The facebook link is somewhere on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...20postgraduate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.