Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maggie Thatcher - The worst PM in UK's history and an economic failure Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Don't care about France really
    Good for you, this is the right attitude if one never wants to leave the UK and see the world I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'ancien régime)
    Good for you, this is the right attitude if one never wants to leave the UK and see the world I suppose.
    Better countries than France to go to.

ReputationRep:
    Better countries than France to go to.

I've just checked your profile and you're a Thatcherite Monarchist - this is to some extent contradictory - no country to visit that is suitable to you.

p.s. Eurosceptic as well: what is wrong with you

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked your profile and you're a Thatcherite Monarchist - this is to some extent contradictory - no country to visit that is suitable to you.

You'll find that are plenty of people in the UK like this. Nothing wrong with Euroscepticism, just look at the success that is the Euro I don't want my country being ruled by the EU.
    We are going off topic here, so I will not reply. If you are that worried, make a thread about it.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find that are plenty of people in the UK like this. Nothing wrong with Euroscepticism, just look at the success that is the Euro I don't want my country being ruled the EU.
    We are going off topic here, so I will not reply. If you are that worried, make a thread about it.
    Farage is married to a German woman, lives in Brussels and loves Spanish Wine.

ReputationRep:
    She is fine for me in terms of size but in France she would be considered to be on the edge of obesity...

sorry for stating the truth : O
    The French are generally quite underweight! I say it as a Swiss person.

Speaking of Amanda Thatcher - she is really pretty and looks appealing like a nice person to be sharing living space with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karla_Steinbach)
    I know history very well despite it having little to do with my country while you probably know nothing about the Netherlands due to your ignorance, but evidently posses very limited knowledge about your own history.

Belgrano was outside of what was known Total Exclusion Zone having been retreating from what they believed to be Burwood bank with the specific intention of armistice.

We Dutch also have history in bullying the weaker, but you should be ashamed it happened in 1980s.
    Oh please what a load of tosh.
    Did you serve in the Argentine military? Do you know for a fact what their plans for that ship were? no i thought not. The fact a high ranking member of the armed forces did go on record as saying he didnt fault the decision to sink it must have slipped you by?
    But lets put this in context if in every conflict just because the ship did not pose an immediate threat it had to be ignored you would be speaking German and giving the Nazi salute.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has an opinion about Maggie Thatcher we just have to respect them.
    In some peoples eyes she done brilliantly and raised Britain however some people think that she put people down as she introduced taxes its just and opinion that people believe in and we just have to take in consideration and respect

ReputationRep:
    I look at the lack of industry today, and I know who to blame.

Says enough as it is. Thatcher was a blight.

Next time you see a news headline about ****ing bankers, you should know who to blame too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)

Next time you see a news headline about ****ing bankers, you should know who to blame too.
    which lack of industry? As manufacturing output has increased year on year since World War Two. We make more than we've ever done before. There's just two issues.

firstly, manufacturing hasn't grown at the same rate as the service sectors.

secondly, what we have has modernised so it needs less people and us therefore more competitive. Sheffield for example makes more steel now than its was done before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)

My my, you sure do love talking complete and utter garbage.
    Overall industrial output increased in real terms by 7.5% under Thatcher and another 4.9% under John Major.
    By the time Gordn Brown left office output had shrunk back to what it was when Thatcher resigned as PM, ie. an almost 5% reduction.

You can blame the bankers on Labour as well, they further unnecessarily deregulated the banking sector.

I have to give the left credit though, they've someone managed to create a myth that Thatcher is responsible for every single **** up they themselves are guilty of, and gullilble idiots such as yourself lap it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    My my, you sure do love talking complete and utter garbage.
    Overall industrial output increased in real terms by 7.5% under Thatcher and another 4.9% under John Major.
    By the time Gordn Brown left office output had shrunk back to what it was when Thatcher resigned as PM, ie. an almost 5% reduction.

You can blame the bankers on Labour as well, they further unnecessarily deregulated the banking sector.

I have to give the left credit though, they've someone managed to create a myth that Thatcher is responsible for every single **** up they themselves are guilty of, and gullilble idiots such as yourself lap it up.
    You clearly haven't got an idea what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermann Göring)
    http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bla...07.html?cmp=fb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13032013

I like though how you don't bother to actually offer any retort to redress my points, as if simply saying I don't know what I'm talking about is enough to win the debate.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't even put up a proper fight as they usually do. United Left destroys all and Thatcher can now be recognized as The worst PM in UK's history and an economic failure.
    Absolute rubbish I made a very good post

ReputationRep:

Eurosceptic hi5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukhabarat)
    I thought she was dead.
    Thatcherism still lives !

ReputationRep:
    Pot noodles was spot on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Eurosceptic hi5!
    Don't think he is Euro-sceptic, he was asking me what is wrong with me being one.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think he is Euro-sceptic, he was asking me what is wrong with me being one.
    Oh I should of guessed with the French sounding username

Though I there are German and French eurosceptics too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Oh I should of guessed with the French sounding username

Though I there are German and French eurosceptics too!
    Are you mad? My name is 100% Teutonic and represents one of the greatest characters in human history.

I am 100% Pro-Europe and EU. Eurosceptics are [subconscious] enemies of the Indo-European Aryans.

In Germany - we destroy them - for we run the EU de facto

p.s I've just realized this post was directed at the French guy... Anyway I take this opportunity to present my stance on the issue and further to say that your post was in fact rubbish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.