ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Just negged you to test it and nothing of the sort happened.
    Agreed - though without the neg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    Update is fine, but the thing making me so mad is when you pos rep/neg rep someone (started in this new update/layout) it bloody refreshes the damn page! Like, i'm on page 7 or something, rep someone, then get taken back to the first page...
    Do you have javascript disabled? If the rep function is unable to update using JavaScript then it loads a new page to cause the rep to happen and then loads the first page of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Update is fine, but the thing making me so mad is when you pos rep/neg rep someone (started in this new update/layout) it bloody refreshes the damn page! Like, i'm on page 7 or something, rep someone, then get taken back to the first page...
    No refresh for me either. Was this all just a scheme for rep? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I've been limiting myself to X amount of TSR and then taking a break from it.
    I still get a headache from the buttons. Will they be changed at all?
    I'm sorry I can't say exactly what about them gives me a headache, but they are quite disorientating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Do you have javascript disabled? If the rep function is unable to update using JavaScript then it loads a new page to cause the rep to happen and then loads the first page of the thread.
    I have the java browser disabled and repping doesn't refresh me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I have the java browser disabled and repping doesn't refresh me at all.
    Java is different from JavaScript. Java is run using a plugin usually, where JavaScript is part of the browser, and can be disabled from the 'content' tab of most browser's setting or disabled/enabled on a per-site basis by an extension such as NoScript.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by G8D)
    Just negged you to test it and nothing of the sort happened.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Agreed - though without the neg

(Original post by Harley)

Java is different from JavaScript. Java is run using a plugin usually, where JavaScript is part of the browser, and can be disabled from the 'content' tab of most browser's setting or disabled/enabled on a per-site basis by an extension such as NoScript.
    It just happened for me, when I went into firefox, options, content and disabled javascript (as the above quote instructed me to do). So I think that'll most likely be the 'problem'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    It just happened for me, when I went into firefox, options, content and disabled javascript (as the above quote instructed me to do). So I think that'll most likely be the 'problem'.
    It is certainly one solution. It could be seen as a bug, if JavaScript is disabled, then after the rep is processed, it should take you back to the post (which would take you to the right point in the thread), as opposed to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    Hahaha! Nah, I'm not that desperate :P

ReputationRep:
    It is certainly one solution. It could be seen as a bug, if JavaScript is disabled, then after the rep is processed, it should take you back to the post (which would take you to the right point in the thread), as opposed to the thread.
    I see, but i use the same browser (well a fork of firefox) and my settings have not been touched at all (my javascript functionality has always been on) and it has happened ever since (by the looks of it, me) the update. :s

ReputationRep:
    I see, but i use the same browser (well a fork of firefox) and my settings have not been touched at all (my javascript functionality has always been on) and it has happened ever since (by the looks of it, me) the update. :s
    Hmm, I would guess that there is an error in the JavaScript function when running on your browser for some reason (this would then cause the fall-back to run, the same as if JavaScript is disabled). What is the exact browser (and version) you are using?

ReputationRep:
    How do u like the new TSR UK font ?, For me personally i dont think its an improvement, but to much of a "Fat shouty font" and like the old house style better..

Any opinions?

Name:  tsr uk.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  29.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Its quite Cool!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I would guess that there is an error in the JavaScript function when running on your browser for some reason (this would then cause the fall-back to run, the same as if JavaScript is disabled). What is the exact browser (and version) you are using?
    Browser: Comodo Icedragon, latest http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-...on-browser.php

ReputationRep:
    Browser: Comodo Icedragon, latest http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-...on-browser.php
    Hmm, downloaded it however I wasn't able to reproduce it the problem.

Next time you want to rep someone, before you do so, go tools -> Web Developer -> error console. Press clear to clear all the messages already there, and then see if anything comes up when you try to rep anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, downloaded it however I wasn't able to reproduce it the problem. Next time you want to rep someone, before you do so, go tools -> Web Developer -> error console. Press clear to clear all the messages already there, and then see if anything comes up when you try to rep anyone.
    Much obliged, I found the problem (it was due to an addon, called HTTPS everywhere) when i disabled it, it works. i might as well keep it on though :P for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    Much obliged, I found the problem (it was due to an addon, called HTTPS everywhere) when i disabled it, it works. i might as well keep it on though :P for the sake of it.
    Ah, fair enough. Hopefully TSR Devs may look into and fix the exact issue, or at the very least fix it so that when it redirects you to redirect you, it does so to the post you just repped as oppose to the thread the post was in
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    That addon's unlikely to work well with TSR. Not all pages on the site are compatible with SSL, it's only enabled where it needs to be (i.e. profile pages, login/logout, etc.). HTTPS is slow so forum pages will deliberately redirect back to HTTP, and the rep system is part of that.

ReputationRep:
    I's are still L's in the thread titles. How long would it take to use a different font for those anyway? Is there a committee that decides the new font? Do they only meet by the light of a blue moon? Can they be bribed to speed up the process?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Piko_Piko)
    I's are still L's in the thread titles. How long would it take to use a different font for those anyway? Is there a committee that decides the new font? Do they only meet by the light of a blue moon? Can they be bribed to speed up the process?
    We have to pay for fonts, so it can be a bit of a bloody nightmare, as stuff always is when there's money involved. It's something we might be able to sort out though. Maybe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.