Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear from Greater Manchester, so frustrating not hearing anything at all when so many people have heard they've been successful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR-Ali)
    Got an e-mail from Yorkshire and Humber. Im on the reserve list

As if waiting for a reply wasn't harrowing enough!

Where did you apply for? Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    @acoustics25-thanks! I applied to kirklees council who are part of the yorkshire and humberside region.

I correct myself, i got the email from penna.

has anyone else who applied to yorkshire and humberside region heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also in the reserve pool for Yorkshire and Humberside! I applied to York, but stated at interview Northallerton was my second preference then anywhere thereafter. I'm guessing there's lots of people in the same position, kind of hard not to take it as a no as I can't help but believe no one will throw their place away! Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earlyyears1)
    Hi, I'm also in the reserve pool for Yorkshire and Humberside! I applied to York, but stated at interview Northallerton was my second preference then anywhere thereafter. I'm guessing there's lots of people in the same position, kind of hard not to take it as a no as I can't help but believe no one will throw their place away! Argh!
    Earyyears i totally agree! I've just accepted it as a no for now and if it happens then great!

ReputationRep:
    I just called Penna to stop me going slowly crazy. I'm on a reserve list too. I can't really see anyone dropping out though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR-Ali)
    Earyyears i totally agree! I've just accepted it as a no for now and if it happens then great!
    I wonder how many people are actually on the reserve list for Yorkshire & Humberside? And then how many people are on the reserve list for specific choices? I really can't see anyone dropping out but if there's more than one person on the reserve per area then how would they work that out :s

We've done we'll to get this far at least it wasn't a flat out no! But suppose in some ways this is getting our hopes up a little when there is a slim chance. Sorry to be so negative! Just feel abit disheartened at the whole 'reserve' situation. Well done to everyone who's got on!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earlyyears1)
    I wonder how many people are actually on the reserve list for Yorkshire & Humberside? And then how many people are on the reserve list for specific choices? I really can't see anyone dropping out but if there's more than one person on the reserve per area then how would they work that out :s

We've done we'll to get this far at least it wasn't a flat out no! But suppose in some ways this is getting our hopes up a little when there is a slim chance. Sorry to be so negative! Just feel abit disheartened at the whole 'reserve' situation. Well done to everyone who's got on!!

Couldnt agree with you more!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'd urge anyone who hasn't heard anything yet to give Penna a call or E-mail. I had a missed call off a blocked number last week but no voicemail was left.Didn't think anything of it but then it dawned on me it could've been about Step Up! I E-mailed Penna today as the phone number wasn't working for some reason; I had a call later on telling me that I'd got a place in Worcester! I'd convinced myself I'd been unsuccessful because I hadn't heard anything. So that was a pleasant surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sades84)
    Hello,

I'd urge anyone who hasn't heard anything yet to give Penna a call or E-mail. I had a missed call off a blocked number last week but no voicemail was left.Didn't think anything of it but then it dawned on me it could've been about Step Up! I E-mailed Penna today as the phone number wasn't working for some reason; I had a call later on telling me that I'd got a place in Worcester! I'd convinced myself I'd been unsuccessful because I hadn't heard anything. So that was a pleasant surprise!

That's great! Congratulations! Just as well you had your wits about you though... I do think this system is a bit hit and miss, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry2001)
    That's great! Congratulations! Just as well you had your wits about you though... I do think this system is a bit hit and miss, don't you?

Thanks! I'm really pleased! I expect there are quite a few people who don't answer 'blocked' numbers, so it's been difficult getting hold of people. Also if the calls are made during the day, not everyone can pick up their phone at work, or wherever they may be. I'd like to think that I would have had the call attempted again sometime this week anyway, had I not phoned myself. Hope it's not a one missed call and you're out job! I jest, I jest.

ReputationRep:
    I attended the greater manchester assessment day. I saw people have been hearing back from them last week so presume I haven't got through I called penna to see when we would be put out of our misery and they said Friday at the latest. I wasn't told of any reserve list so I'm guessing its a no for me! Has anyone heard back for Salford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trilly85)
    I attended the greater manchester assessment day. I saw people have been hearing back from them last week so presume I haven't got through I called penna to see when we would be put out of our misery and they said Friday at the latest. I wasn't told of any reserve list so I'm guessing its a no for me! Has anyone heard back for Salford?
    Hey, when I rang Penna on Tuesday the lady I spoke to looked up my name on their database and she said the reason I hadn't heard was because I was on the reserve list. Maybe try ringing again and speaking to someone else? Which day did you attend the assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have been following this thread religiously since applying, but this is my first post! Was anyone else at the South East Partnership day in Tooley St on 10th July?

I think we don't hear for another couple of weeks, not feeling too confident, but was an interesting experience anyway!

L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bombidia)
    Hi all,

I have been following this thread religiously since applying, but this is my first post! Was anyone else at the South East Partnership day in Tooley St on 10th July?

I think we don't hear for another couple of weeks, not feeling too confident, but was an interesting experience anyway!

L
    I was also there on that day!! It was a good day and I met some lovely people, but I'm not feeling too confident either! I just want to find out now and it feels like we are waiting forever. I am going away in a couple of weeks and am really hoping we here before then :-) which was your last session of the day? Mine was the group one, just wondering if we were in the same one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vejetable)
    I was also there on that day!! It was a good day and I met some lovely people, but I'm not feeling too confident either! I just want to find out now and it feels like we are waiting forever. I am going away in a couple of weeks and am really hoping we here before then :-) which was your last session of the day? Mine was the group one, just wondering if we were in the same one!
    Hello! No,mine was the written assessment, I was number 2! I applied to Bromley, but would like to be considered for other boroughs (anything to help my chances).

It has been a drawn out process - we found out about the assessment day a week late too! I was gutted when they said 2-3 weeks, as I noticed on here people had been hearing back withing days, but I suppose the London boroughs have a huge amount of applicants.

I was exhausted by the end of it!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a place unfortunately. However, I do have a place on a MA Social Work course at an excellent university so my training will start in September! Will definitely be tighter financially and take a little longer but will be worth it in the end!

Good luck all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simply social)
    Has anyone else been accepted for lancashire?
    yes meeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julier)
    yes meeeee
    Great which assessment day did you go to?
    Not heard anything else yet since original offer, have you?
    Look forward to meeting you again or first time! X

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Has anyone on here applied for Berkshire area or will be studying in High Wycombe University?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.