Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan Gregg)
    What happens with ordering items online like clothes and stuff? Is there a designated area at the uni you can pick deliveries up at?
    Near Westwood.

(Original post by lewconway)
    Hi, everyone! I'm excited to be studying Physics at Warwick.

Does anyone know how the internet works in halls. Is there WiFi, or should I be bringing an Ethernet cable? If there's no WiFi are you allowed to bring your own router?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's wi-fi in all the halls apart from some parts of Cryfield, afaik. Apparently it's better to take an ethernet cable for better/more reliable speeds.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    What happens with ordering items online like clothes and stuff? Is there a designated area at the uni you can pick deliveries up at?
    Yep. It's the Westwood postroom :yep: . The parcels will be delivered there, they will sort the post, then drop a notification slip into your hall mailbox to let you know it's been delivered. You then simply take this slip and your university card over to the postroom and pick up your post! Simple! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Haha! Yup, I also found it interesting! It is quite funny to SEE someone you have met and maybe will know on t.v lol. I just hope we get taught really well! I'm an auditory learner, - I cannot be bothered writing anything down. I.Am.So.Going.To.Find.It.So.Hard . - I might be sneaking off with your notes often
    Yeah it was really weird! I met him at the open day then saw him on TV a few weeks later and it felt strange haha I don't know what kind of learner I am, mostly a 'can't really be bothered' kinda learner I think, probably not good when starting a degree but oh well :rolleyes: haha you can try and borrow my notes but my handwriting is awful so good luck understanding them! :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions

1) I only have one tv I can take to halls and it's 32' will I look like a complete loser with it in my room?

2) Is the internet in halls anywhere near enough good enough to play video games online? :P

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashingPumpkinP)
    Couple of questions

1) I only have one tv I can take to halls and it's 32' will I look like a complete loser with it in my room?

2) Is the internet in halls anywhere near enough good enough to play video games online? :P

Cheers
    Bring the TV, bring an Xbox and we can play gta 5 together <3

ReputationRep:
    Bring the TV, bring an Xbox and we can play gta 5 together <3

Haha ok and FIFA ofc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    Yeah it was really weird! I met him at the open day then saw him on TV a few weeks later and it felt strange haha I don't know what kind of learner I am, mostly a 'can't really be bothered' kinda learner I think, probably not good when starting a degree but oh well :rolleyes: haha you can try and borrow my notes but my handwriting is awful so good luck understanding them! :cute:
    Hahaha! I checked the profiles of all the lecturers in the Classic department and all but one have been educated in Oxbridge and the one in Warwick, lol. - I hope this is a good sign! Haha, don't worry, I think I'll be able to crack your writing!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It may not over wifi at peak times, so bring an ethernet cable and you shouldn't have any problems :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Enrolment's probably next week or so. I haven't heard anything from Chemistry department so far.

ReputationRep:
    I think I applied for accommodation in haste, and I've now decided to look into everything in detail and I'm thinking I've probably applied for the wrong place, eek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtcw)
    Enrolment's probably next week or so. I haven't heard anything from Chemistry department so far.
    Honestly, I don't remember hearing much from the department before starting etc so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions

Cheers
    Yes, very much so. As per anywhere, wired is better than wireless, but it's more than adequate.

ReputationRep:

Does anyone know how the internet works in halls. Is there WiFi, or should I be bringing an Ethernet cable? If there's no WiFi are you allowed to bring your own router?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is Wi-Fi, but I would still recommend bringing an ethernet cable (unless they're still giving them out at the start of the year, idk), for better speed.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Forgot to respond to this; setting up your router is VERY much against the ITS user code. Wifi is provided, but do bring a long ethernet cable. They won't provide them now unless you're lucky, but they were too short to be of any use anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeytonLouise)
    I think I applied for accommodation in haste, and I've now decided to look into everything in detail and I'm thinking I've probably applied for the wrong place, eek.
    Haha yh I think I did the same thing as you there
    I haven't even sorted student finance out yet, which is pretty annoying (slightly stressful) :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Hahaha! I checked the profiles of all the lecturers in the Classic department and all but one have been educated in Oxbridge and the one in Warwick, lol. - I hope this is a good sign! Haha, don't worry, I think I'll be able to crack your writing!
    Haha I think that's probably a good sign :grin: well I can barely read my handwriting so if you can I might have to get you to decode them for me

ReputationRep:
    I have a 32 inch TV too, it was on offer and the same price as the 24 inch one I was going to buy, so at least you won't be alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    x
    Hi Nirgilis.

What cooking equipment do you recommend bringing? I was under the impression that the university provided basic pans/plates etc. and once used you merely cleaned up after yourself (I'm probably very wrong.)

Sorry, I recall you posting a response similar to this but I couldn't find it after endless searching.

ReputationRep:
    How do we know if our student finance is absolutely going to come through? I am worried that it won't work for some reason. Do we get a definite confirmation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selym95)
    Hi Nirgilis.

What cooking equipment do you recommend bringing? I was under the impression that the university provided basic pans/plates etc. and once used you merely cleaned up after yourself (I'm probably very wrong.)

Sorry, I recall you posting a response similar to this but I couldn't find it after endless searching.
    If they did this, they'd probably be destroyed within a couple of weeks days :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.