Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was at the aberdeen interview there on wednesday, they said we were the last group to be interviewed, I think they only interviewed 54 in total!

ReputationRep:
    When did Aberdeen say they would get back to you with offers/rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Apologies if this is repeating bits that are already covered. I spoke to liverpool re: 4 year course and this was the jist of it....

The shortlisting has been done, invitations to interview and rejections are sent out 2 weeks before the interviews - and these are scheduled for the end of February.

In my mind that means we should hear good or bad news in the next 2 weeks maximum, then +/- more fear/joy of interviews if we're lucky enough!

At least that satisfied my 5 minutes of procrastination!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by widgets)
    Hey yh I have one, 3/4 of my interviews are MMI so I'm just nerding up on the ethical scenarios and being able to answer why kings..how about you?
    I wish we knew what kind of stations we're getting!
    (oh and feeling nauseous...all the time haha)
    Same I'm focusing on ethics and other obscure stations that can come up!

Wow you got all your interviews? Well done! Have you heard back from any of your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything yet from Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    No I havent had anything from Newcastle except a welcome letter, how about anyone else?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had an interview at Newcastle on 21st January. I know they are still interviewing though, so maybe it's worth giving a ring? Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys waiting to hear back from Manchester? People are starting to get interviews now!

As for the King's interview, it wasn't too bad. I just don't like MMIs that much! The dean said possibly 2-3 weeks until we hear something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauljoseph)
    Ah that's a while to wait. Why don't you like MMI's? I think they're less intimidating than the traditional panel interview.
    It's not too bad to be honest! Sometimes when you finally feel like you're doing well, the buzzer goes or something haha. They both have their pros and cons I guess! Did you apply for Manchester by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email inviting me to an interview at Liverpool for the 4 year BDS on the 25th. What does everyone think about uclan vs liverpool? Personally, I like the DECs at uclan, and the real world dentistry experience, but liverpool is Russell group university after all...

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how many people Liverpool are interviewing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about 30. I think there's only 15 places!

ReputationRep:
    Any Aberdeen applicants heard when offers will be made? Website says around mid-march but just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else heard anything about the 4 year BDS at Liverpool? Hopefully they'll be doing more than one interview day?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at liverpool on 25th feb also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgilks)
    Just had an email inviting me to an interview at Liverpool for the 4 year BDS on the 25th. What does everyone think about uclan vs liverpool? Personally, I like the DECs at uclan, and the real world dentistry experience, but liverpool is Russell group university after all...
    Dental opinion is that UCLan is on the up - they've pulled in some Eastman grads. Depends what kind of uni experience you want because a dental degree is a dental degree at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Also got an interview at Liverpool on the 25th Feb!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Kings for GPEP !!!!

ReputationRep:
    OFFER FROM KINGS GEP!!!!

Happiest day of my lifeeee

ReputationRep:
    Congrats guys when and how did u find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.