Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Crulceosc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsimms)
    My dream paper tomorrow...

Section A

Case study on the cinema industry and oligopolies.

Section B

(a) Analyse, using a diagram, the behaviour of a monopsony. [15]

(b) Discuss the extent to which a monopsony is the main determinant of wages. [20]
    Nearly psychic...

ReputationRep:
    So... how did people find it?

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty good I thought! I did the essay on monopsony, what about others? How did we find it?

ReputationRep:
    Messed up section A but hopefully rescued it in the essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokims1996)
    So... how did people find it?
    I thought it was a beauty of a paper!

Which essay did you answer?

ReputationRep:
    Who did question 2? In part b could I use trade unions as an alternative? And what did you write?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, didn't like that paper at all what did you guys put for 1a the calculation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    Who did question 2? In part b could I use trade unions as an alternative? And what did you write?
    I did question 2 too.

I spoke about government intervention in the form of NMW and privatisation to create competition. For an alternative I used trade unions :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I did question 2 too.

I spoke about government intervention in the form of NMW and privatisation to create competition. For an alternative I used trade unions :cool:
    Yeah pretty much the same

ReputationRep:
    I did question 2 too.

Should have used trade unions haha, I ended up speaking about the NMW as part of government intervention but then used training by private firms as an alternative

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4. Brought in Lorenz curve and Gini coefficient and unemployment for part a and then NMW and greater spending on training and education for part b. How many marks would you lose in an essay for an incorrect diagram, but the point you made is correct?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the question on how contestable the cinema industry was?

ReputationRep:
    What did people write fr implications of Unit Labour Costs?
    I said decrease profits so lower I
    But productivity may rise because of increase in wages so actually more profit

extent- Cause of increase. if it is occurring because of NI increase then no effect on productivity.

ReputationRep:
    What I hate about this ocr is that you can write everything in exam, understand all questions but then comes the mark scheme and you fail for some reasons :/

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a beauty of a paper!

Which essay did you answer?
    Essay 3! MRP and wage determination has always been my strongest area in f583, so it was quite a nice paper for me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokims1996)
    Essay 3! MRP and wage determination has always been my strongest area in f583, so it was quite a nice paper for me too
    I thought that was a good question as well, OCR have been so kind this year. Glad it went well for you too!

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was a good question as well, OCR have been so kind this year. Glad it went well for you too!
    Yes, this and the Global Economy papers haven't shown too many suprises so happy days I assume you did q3 aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwerty Pies)
    Messed up section A but hopefully rescued it in the essays.
    Same here..

ReputationRep:
    for the differential essay i wrote something about supply side factor...but i actually put determinant of elasticity of supply then i mentioned elasticity of supply and demand briefly and shown a diagram but i think i have lost 10marks there....

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.