Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine96)
    http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/community-right-to-bid/

Granted it may be difficult for a community to raise the funds to buy something with value of the KP or other grounds but its some sort of safety net
    Leicester paying for their ground would be some what of a novelty. Yes I'm aware of my own club's situation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Leicester paying for their ground would be some what of a novelty. Yes I'm aware of my own club's situation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh dear - given you clearly no nothing of our situation why do you continue to comment?

We owned filbert street & the current stadium was partly financed by us and part by teachers - the plan then to pay off the loan from teachers: that was then scuppered by Dennis Wise and his agent being arses and putting us into admin. We paid for part of the KP and took out a loan for the rest, hardly us not paying for our stadium

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Oh dear - given you clearly no nothing of our situation why do you continue to comment?

We owned filbert street & the current stadium was partly financed by us and part by teachers - the plan then to pay off the loan from teachers: that was then scuppered by Dennis Wise and his agent being arses and putting us into admin. We paid for part of the KP and took out a loan for the rest, hardly us not paying for our stadium

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know your administration shafted many businesses in Leicester and meant nobody got paid for the construction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know your administration shafted many businesses in Leicester and meant nobody got paid for the construction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually the construction was paid for given yknow it was built well before administration. (Finished in spring of 2002, admin happened in November that year). As for companies being shafted, that was not our fault - we had a few issues with relegation and the collapse of itv digital drastically cutting our income. We put everyone up for sale but some refused to leave (izzet rejected 6m pound moves to both villa and Middlesbrough) and then successfully negotiated payment details with all but one creditor - Eric Hall, Dennis Wise's lawyer. That summer, Wise assaulted Callum Davidson during a preseason tour and was disciplined by being sacked. He sued us for that and rejected any payment deals, forcing us into administration. Dennis Wise shafted the businesses by being an absolute ****, not us.

Before you start getting holier than thou at least learn about what you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually the construction was paid for given yknow it was built well before administration. (Finished in spring of 2002, admin happened in November that year). As for companies being shafted, that was not our fault - we had a few issues with relegation and the collapse of itv digital drastically cutting our income. We put everyone up for sale but some refused to leave (izzet rejected 6m pound moves to both villa and Middlesbrough) and then successfully negotiated payment details with all but one creditor - Eric Hall, Dennis Wise's lawyer. That summer, Wise assaulted Callum Davidson during a preseason tour and was disciplined by being sacked. He sued us for that and rejected any payment deals, forcing us into administration. Dennis Wise shafted the businesses by being an absolute ****, not us.

Before you start getting holier than thou at least learn about what you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We had the ITV digital crash ruin our finances too, we still didn't enter administration. The reality is your club had bills that were too large to meet through any other means than writing it off by administration and starting over-wipe the financial slate clean.

Enough of my family are from Leicester for me not to bother with fabrications. Dennis Wise was not to blame, at least show a bit more grace than that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We had the ITV digital crash ruin our finances too, we still didn't enter administration. The reality is your club had bills that were too large to meet through any other means than writing it off by administration and starting over-wipe the financial slate clean.

Enough of my family are from Leicester for me not to bother with fabrications. Dennis Wise was not to blame, at least show a bit more grace than that.
    We had those bills due to relegation and a new stadium, had itv digital not collapsed we'd have been able to service them at the least.

I prefer truth to grace - wise acted the prat, suing us for sacking him and was the only creditor to reject payment deals, forcing us into administration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cauley Woodrow who was with Southend on loan a couple of months ago is starting in the Premier League today for Fulham, he didn't exactly set the world alight with us so I'm surprised Fulham have decided he's ready to play top flight football.

ReputationRep:
    Alas a loss to Yeovil to bring us back down from the dizzy heights of 15th I'm still not sure why on earth we signed Leon Best for the third time on loan. As a genius said today 'Leon Best? More like Leon Worst' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    5-1 away at leeds :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    Cauley Woodrow who was with Southend on loan a couple of months ago is starting in the Premier League today for Fulham, he didn't exactly set the world alight with us so I'm surprised Fulham have decided he's ready to play top flight football.
    Went to school with him, he's a ****.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Went to school with him, he's a ****.
    What a surprise. Is any player not? I'm sure for most young players there's schoolmates who think they were a ****. For instance I went to school with joe mattock - he was a right bully

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a surprise. Is any player not? I'm sure for most young players there's schoolmates who think they were a ****. For instance I went to school with joe mattock - he was a right bully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, most footballers were like that, normally due to their own over inflated egos.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking records every week! I like league one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Breaking records every week! I like league one...
    I don't. Somebody end the season now ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you look set for the title as things stand. Good win for us today and our games in hand over Leyton Orient are getting more and more promising looking by the day. A good 2-0 win against Bradford today. I went to their place earlier in the season when we lost 4-0 so a bog standard win was definitely good enough.

I don't care whether we go up in first or second. As long as we don't have to endure the ****ing play offs again.

Not going to bother with the MK Dons fan who replied to me. Midlander's reply was good enough. Supporting the club that was parachuted in is a conscious choice and legitimises the actions of the owners.

ReputationRep:
    Cellino once again paid the players wages. He's already put in £6,000,000 before even owning the club, and is rewarded by seeing the slackers let 5 in at home...to Bolton? My heart breaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Cellino once again paid the players wages. He's already put in £6,000,000 before even owning the club, and is rewarded by seeing the slackers let 5 in at home...to Bolton? My heart breaks.
    I assume he thinks the FL will give him the approval which he needs. Which they will, because they don't care who bankrolls what.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Next year, when you get a bunch of Italian loanees, then your fun begins.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just noticed on Twitter that Blackburn fans managed to get a chicken onto the pitch... again! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Next year, when you get a bunch of Italian loanees, then your fun begins.
    Have you not had anyone from Grenada?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.