13.41%
    I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    Don't see how I cn get motivated with revising for the next exam when I know its probably going to end up as **** as this one

ReputationRep:
    Immediately after finishing the exam I went to this thread and was in awe of the unanimous negativity. I am part of that crowd.

Instead of adding my rant to the pile, I instead made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQek_E9ILPo

It perfectly sums up the thoughts that ran through my head after walking out of the exam room.

ReputationRep:
    If students failed to finish the exam will they remove the questions? It seems a little unfair on those who finished

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what went badly in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    what went badly in the exam?
    1.) The first question usually has SI units for a common unit, which you have to match up:

Eg: What's the base SI unit for Volts -> JC^-1.

Instead we get charge carrier density- no, the unit is not kgm^-3, it's m^-3.

2.) This isn't a big point though, even section A was quite hard compared to other papers. I know for a fact one question in section A was originally asked in 2012 in section B.

3.) Trying to picture a plank of wood in the exam

4.) I don't know the mass of a raindrop, nor can I figure it out in 1 minute.

5.) I do not know about QR codes.

6.) I cannot complete 2 bloody hard questions in ~30 minutes

7.) One hour is not long enough. In the exam, my thoughts are a lot slower due to the pressure, trying to logically work through a difficult question in 3 minutes is almost impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helvian)
    Immediately after finishing the exam I went to this thread and was in awe of the unanimous negativity. I am part of that crowd.

Instead of adding my rant to the pile, I instead made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQek_E9ILPo

It perfectly sums up the thoughts that ran through my head after walking out of the exam room.
    Are you at college still? Could you get your teacher to do an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    Are you at college still? Could you get your teacher to do an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am on study leave, so I do not have contact with my teachers right now. Also, I've been dead set on dropping physics for a few months now, so it's unlikely I'll have any more lessons with them.

ReputationRep:
    I still can't get over that exam - I'm going to be haunted by QR codes until results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo54)
    I still can't get over that exam - I'm going to be haunted by QR codes until results day.
    Did you finish the paper?

If you managed to finish it then you're in with a better shot of those who didn't and dropped marks. Though, i hated that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I had to do this exam straight after a 2.5 hour German exam. This was THE WORST EXAM EVER. I got home and cried for 2 hours solid. I go to a Grammar school and I'm always the worst in my class even though I try hard.... what even was that code question?! I didn't answer any of it. I hope something is done about this because I just don't think that exam was a fair test of anything we have had to learn. I REVISED WHAT WAS ON THE SPECIFICATION NOT HOW MUCH WATER DROPS AND WOOD WEIGHS. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    Did you finish the paper?

If you managed to finish it then you're in with a better shot of those who didn't and dropped marks. Though, i hated that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends how you define 'finish' - I wrote something in every question, I'm not sure it was correct.

ReputationRep:

Your video perfectly sums this exam up! So good. Brutal but good :L

ReputationRep:
    10/10. I shared this with my friends and they also find this funny

ReputationRep:
    Dat video surpasses Hitler's reaction to C3

ReputationRep:
    I found that G491 exam easy don't know why everyone is complaining

ReputationRep:
    lol joke i'm trolling, doing GCSE's right now hahaha

ReputationRep:
    C3 has got nothing on this paper haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimbuRonit)
    C3 has got nothing on this paper haha
    I dunno to be fair, that was a gold paper in all but name. Not hard outside of exam conditions but with the pressure it would've been highly unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronabean)
    So I had to do this exam straight after a 2.5 hour German exam. This was THE WORST EXAM EVER. I got home and cried for 2 hours solid. I go to a Grammar school and I'm always the worst in my class even though I try hard.... what even was that code question?! I didn't answer any of it. I hope something is done about this because I just don't think that exam was a fair test of anything we have had to learn. I REVISED WHAT WAS ON THE SPECIFICATION NOT HOW MUCH WATER DROPS AND WOOD WEIGHS. Boo.
    Omg I soooo agree, just think though if you get a good coursework mark and good mark in the other paper it won't be too bad. Don't give up!

Lol you can always retake if necessary.

It wasnt fair at all. Exams shouldn't be based in what year you take it. They should have a consistent standard.

ReputationRep:

Loved this and all my friends do... but what was the ostrich question?
    Slightly worried I missed a page now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.