Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planckton)
    Ah that's awesome!! I'm so excited now!
    ahh good! I really really love manchester, so excited to think I will probably be there in a years time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    ahh good! I really really love manchester, so excited to think I will probably be there in a years time
    That is so cool! My sister's there and she loves it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    He's a nice guy. Don't get the wrong Ian though; here are a few in the department. Apparently being called Ian is an advantage there.
    Good luck I'd suggest Lancaster but I suppose I'm biased Nottingham seems nice too; I enjoy Sixty Symbols and the professors seem pretty enthusiastic. I wish I'd applied there haha
    That could get confusing - multiple Ians. Thank you, and to you! Lancaster was probably the most impressive university for physics I think but Nottingham was my favourite overall. I'll see what I think when I have all my offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wmavfc)
    That could get confusing - multiple Ians. Thank you, and to you! Lancaster was probably the most impressive university for physics I think but Nottingham was my favourite overall. I'll see what I think when I have all my offers
    Yeah, one of them is Australian though so you can tell him apart Heh, I'll probably need all the good luck I can get, so thanks! Lancaster is great, and I love how nerdy the students seem; especially the low-temperature lot. Decisions, decisions!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=DanRigg96#;48428978]Thought I'd start a thread where us Physics buddies can share about Universities and courses we're looking at and interested in etc!
    A few questions to get started:
    -Where you live?
    -A Levels chosen and predicted/hopeful AS and A2 grades?
    -Branches of physics you're interested in?
    -Universities you're looking at/favouring?
    -Specific course(s) you're planning on applying for?

Adam Lunnon
    Hertfordshire
    Maths, Further Maths and Physics
    Predicted AAA
    Astro,Particle Physics
    Physics Bsc at; Bristol, Southampton, Exeter, Surrey, Leicester.

Been invited for visit day at Southampton next Saturday. Received offers for Surrey (AAB) and Leicester (Unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview at imperial on the 27th

offers from Bath & Edinburgh 2nd year both A*AA, interview at manchester on the 20th

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer from sheffield for physics and astrophysics. What a huge relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cryptixla)
    Got an unconditional offer from sheffield for physics and astrophysics. What a huge relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exeter rejected you and Sheffield gave you an unconditional??
    That's such a weird mix! 😂 Well done anyway man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cryptixla)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought unconditional offers were virtually unheard of for people still to do A2s but seeing them all over the place, congrats man!

Got an offer from Nottingham through the post. They say standard offer is A*AA but they would like to 'treat my application individually to make sure the offer is right' and have invited me to a visit day in February so we shall see lol

ReputationRep:

offers from Bath & Edinburgh 2nd year both A*AA, interview at manchester on the 20th
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought unconditional offers were virtually unheard of for people still to do A2s but seeing them all over the place, congrats man!

Got an offer from Nottingham through the post. They say standard offer is A*AA but they would like to 'treat my application individually to make sure the offer is right' and have invited me to a visit day in February so we shall see lol
    My friend got this too

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to do Physics with Astrophysics at Nottingham, Exeter, Leicester, Kent and Edinburgh last week. How long do these universities normally take to reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleishahogan)
    Applied to do Physics with Astrophysics at Nottingham, Exeter, Leicester, Kent and Edinburgh last week. How long do these universities normally take to reply?
    Exeter replied to me after a few days, Nottingham a couple of weeks but I assume it varies for everyone depending on your application. Can't help you with the other 3 unfortunately

ReputationRep:

Good luck! My Imperial interview was really enjoyable. It's good that you have Manchester first, where the interview doesn't matter too much to prepare you for it

ReputationRep:

Hey thanks! Honestly didn't know unconditional offers were so obscure! :O I have no idea(and surprised) on how I got it really..because I don't take As(I thought the unconventionality will give me a huge disadvantage) I am actually in my final year in my diploma in aerospace engineering...I always assumed they would prefer to see my final cumulative results as the results could jump around from semester to semester. Hahaha so I'm definitely unsure on how the schools decide on whether one gets a conditional or an unconditional!

All the best with that man! Did your predicted grades meet their standard offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanRigg96#)
    Exeter rejected you and Sheffield gave you an unconditional??
    That's such a weird mix! 😂 Well done anyway man!
    Omg i know right. Its really weird! 😂But thanks man! All the best with yours as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats great! Glad it went well how soon after did you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Within 24 hours. Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Physics at Oxford, Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics at Surrey (Conditional offer AAA), Astrophysics at UCL, Physics with Astrophysics at Leicester (Unconditional) and Physics with astrophysics with a year in the USA at Kent (ABB).

I'm predicted A*AAA in Physics,maths, chemistry and computing. With my biggest regret not taking further maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Good luck! My Imperial interview was really enjoyable. It's good that you have Manchester first, where the interview doesn't matter too much to prepare you for it
    Thanks! I'm actually more excited than nervous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.