Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all you guys with offers.

Can I ask how many times you've applied before getting offers? I'll be going into my third application, but only been interviewed this year as my first go was more of a trial run...

ReputationRep:
    Although actually I don't think I can firm it until BSMS have made a decision on my application... should I email them and ask them to reject me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N23456)

Can I ask how many times you've applied before getting offers? I'll be going into my third application, but only been interviewed this year as my first go was more of a trial run...
    This is my first application for postgrad but I did also apply to undergrad four years ago. I didn't get any interviews for my first application. This time I had three interviews (although I was guaranteed my interview at BSMS) and got one waiting list, one offer. Don't give up hope!

ReputationRep:
    This was my second time applying - last year had three interviews, no offers, no waiting list; this year had four interviews, one offer, one waiting list, and waiting on the other two.

ReputationRep:

First time, 4 interviews, 4 offers, and a whole lot of issues with my academic background (2:2 degree, poor GCSES and A Levels) but I applied to where I met the minimum requirements and the entry exams got me to interview.

ReputationRep:
    First application, 3 interviews 2 offers, one wait list and one rejection.

First time applying, 3 interviews, 2 offers and 2 rejections.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kateamelia)
      Although actually I don't think I can firm it until BSMS have made a decision on my application... should I email them and ask them to reject me?

First time applying: 3 interviews, 1 rejections, 1 offer and 1 waiting list.

I thought you could withdraw the choices on UCAS you don't want so you are just left with the option you do want - even if you don't have decisions from them...if you click view, you then get the option to permanently withdraw. Then you can firm the one you have left...

My UCAS still hasn't updated, but I do have the letter - should I contact them or give it a couple of days?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by emmalou87)
      First time applying: 2 rejections, 1 offer and 1 waiting list.

I thought you could withdraw the choices on UCAS you don't want so you are just left with the option you do want - even if you don't have decisions from them...if you click view, you then get the option to permanently withdraw. Then you can firm the one you have left...

My UCAS still hasn't updated, but I do have the letter - should I contact them or give it a couple of days?
      Ooh, that would be handy. I might give UCAS a call later and check how would be best to do that. Don't want to accidentally reject all of them which is a big worry of mine.

ReputationRep:
      I just had my parents read out my results, I got 1,2,1,1,1,1

That SGUL rejection doesn't hurt so much now!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Benhope7)

I got the same. Although found it rather amusing that my 2 was for work experience - I've worked as a HCA for nearly three years in Outpatients, Wards, Theatre, X-ray and also administration... Doesn't matter though as got the offer anyways!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by emmalou87)
      I got the same. Although found it rather amusing that my 2 was for work experience - I've worked as a HCA for nearly three years in Outpatients, Wards, Theatre, X-ray and also administration... Doesn't matter though as got the offer anyways!
      Yup, I'll never understand it - last year, I got a *4* for my work experience - I've worked in hospitals for over 10 years, and a *4* for enthusiasm... why would I bother applying at all if I wasn't enthusiastic about the job!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Benhope7)

Wow much better than mine! I got 3,2,1,2,2,2 - I wonder how close to being wait listed I was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I'm pretty certain the scores mean little when it comes to interview bands; A, B and C. There's certainly an element of the process which Nottingham haven't thoroughly explained, though I can understand why they don't give us completely unrestricted access to their process.
      I say this because there's no way I should have an offer with my score on it's own.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zorg)
      I'm pretty certain the scores mean little when it comes to interview bands; A, B and C. There's certainly an element of the process which Nottingham haven't thoroughly explained, though I can understand why they don't give us completely unrestricted access to their process.
      I say this because there's no way I should have an offer with my score on it's own.
      I reckon you're just being modest! What was your score? I suppose your score could have been the lowest of the band you were in and then your GAMSAT score brought you up to the top of that band. Well done anyway!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zorg)
      Zorg, what did you get for your GAMSAT? That's supposed to push it up?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jane1296)
      I reckon you're just being modest! What was your score? I suppose your score could have been the lowest of the band you were in and then your GAMSAT score brought you up to the top of that band. Well done anyway!
      I'm really not. There are wait listers with much higher scores than me.

(Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
      Zorg, what did you get for your GAMSAT? That's supposed to push it up?
      63, even so you have to make the bands first. If there isn't something they are not telling us, either there were a lot of people scoring towards the extremes and I managed to sneak in or there has been an admin error...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zorg)
      I'm really not. There are wait listers with much higher scores than me.

63, even so you have to make the bands first. If there isn't something they are not telling us, either there were a lot of people scoring towards the extremes and I managed to sneak in or there has been an admin error...
      Well definitely don't let them know!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lolliesian)
      Hey everyone, just wanted to say there's a place for you guys on the waiting list from me I'm turning down my Nottingham and Swansea offers to study at Liverpool, so hopefully one of you will recieve an offer soon! Congrats to everyone with offers! And good luck to the people waiting, I really do hope you hear soon!
      Thanks aha! I'm on the waiting list with no other hope so hoping more people do the same lol. Good luck at Liverpool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Well done - hope I see you in September!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.