On group interviews?

Yes it says individual and then sub-sections into group

Neostigmine posted it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Yes it says individual and then sub-sections into group

Neostigmine posted it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I've already come across that thread it seems but I was hoping for a bit more information as group tasks aren't really my strong points and I wouldn't say I'm bursting with knowledge so I wanted to know what kinds of topics have been discussed from people who have already done it. Put my mind a bit at ease.
Original post by needy2.0
Thanks I've already come across that thread it seems but I was hoping for a bit more information as group tasks aren't really my strong points and I wouldn't say I'm bursting with knowledge so I wanted to know what kinds of topics have been discussed from people who have already done it. Put my mind a bit at ease.

Maybe write a new conversation and ask about it more applicants will see your post i haven't been through the process yet so i can't help you with that sorry :smile: let me know if you write a thread i would be interested to see what applicants say

Posted from TSR Mobile
I understand that to get through to the interview stage your personal statement has to be really good; because as explained before it is the personal statement which is marked. I want know do references contribute to the overall number of points as well inorder to get through to an interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Will do. So are you applying or have you already
Will do. So are you applying or have you already

In applying for 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
a page number would be nice it is long

There are only 20 pages. You'll find other info out on the way. You're applying to be a medical student - independent learning is key. Don't expect things to just be handed to you.

And I've already told you that there is nothing to find out about the group interview as the university doesn't allow people to know before hand.

You cannot prepare for it until the day and on the day they give you time to prepare.
Original post by Neostigmine
There are only 20 pages. You'll find other info out on the way. You're applying to be a medical student - independent learning is key. Don't expect things to just be handed to you.

And I've already told you that there is nothing to find out about the group interview as the university doesn't allow people to know before hand.

You cannot prepare for it until the day and on the day they give you time to prepare.

I wasn't asking about my one I know that. I meant past ones I just wanted a general idea and it's not like I've had much handed down to me in life.
Original post by vickie89uk
In applying for 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing AS
Are you doing AS

Yes i am. Are you applying for 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here

I wasn't asking about my one I know that. I meant past ones I just wanted a general idea and it's not like I've had much handed down to me in life.

I don't think I have explained this well. The group task - yours or anyone elses - is not something the university wants people to know about until the day. No matter how much you ask or who you ask you're not supposed to know. That is part of the task. There is literally nothing you can do to prepare whatsoever. It's nothing scary. It's really simple. Lots of people enjoy it. It is very relaxed. Don't worry about it.

None of us BM6 students have had much handed down to us. :nah:.

It is also against TSR rules to ask for specifics on interviews :sadnod:.

Original post by Dilan030497
I understand that to get through to the interview stage your personal statement has to be really good; because as explained before it is the personal statement which is marked. I want know do references contribute to the overall number of points as well inorder to get through to an interview.

No :nope:. PS only :yes:.
I wasn't asking for specifics I meant an example of a past task

There has only been 1 as they only started doing it last year. The task is the same pretty much this year.
Reply 454

You're really missing the point, even having an example of a past task would give you somewhat of an advantage over others, you would know the type of task you are required to complete so will know what to expect and the thought process / strategy needed to tackle it, just turn up and do your best, no need to cheat your way through

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TCO
You're really missing the point, even having an example of a past task would give you somewhat of an advantage over others, you would know the type of task you are required to complete so will know what to expect and the thought process / strategy needed to tackle it, just turn up and do your best, no need to cheat your way through

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow cheat my way through? Execuse me I didn't know this was top secret I wasn't asking to be let on on a little secret.
There has only been 1 as they only started doing it last year. The task is the same pretty much this year.

"You're really missing the point, even having an example of a past task would give you somewhat of an advantage over others, you would know the type of task you are required to complete so will know what to expect and the thought process / strategy needed to tackle it, just turn up and do your best, no need to cheat your way through"

If you know the task is pretty much the same this year, I would say you are the one with the advantage....

Excuse someone for trying to improve their own chance to increase their chances of acceptance to a course they really want to do! - Nothing cynical here, please get a grip.

Potential future doctor as well...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joanne9495
"You're really missing the point, even having an example of a past task would give you somewhat of an advantage over others, you would know the type of task you are required to complete so will know what to expect and the thought process / strategy needed to tackle it, just turn up and do your best, no need to cheat your way through"

If you know the task is pretty much the same this year, I would say you are the one with the advantage....

Excuse someone for trying to improve their own chance to increase their chances of acceptance to a course they really want to do! - Nothing cynical here, please get a grip.

She has already gone through the BM6 process, I don't really see what you are getting at - just wait and prepare for the interview like everyone else.
Original post by Joanne9495

Hi Joanne9495,

I think you've misunderstood. The reason I have knowledge of the task is because I am already a 4th year BM6 student who helps out at the interviews. I spend my time on TSR giving out information to students about everything I can, and when I don't know I ask the faculty.

This part:

Was not said by me if you check, but by the user TCO.

I was quite polite (I thought) to a user who repeatedly asked for information that is not available and would be unfair to disclose, let alone against university and TSR policies. Everyone wants an advantage. Everyone wants to get into the course, which is why things have to be kept fair.

Nothing cynical here at all!

Neostigmine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Joanne9495,

I think you've misunderstood. The reason I have knowledge of the task is because I am already a 4th year BM6 student who helps out at the interviews. I spend my time on TSR giving out information to students about everything I can, and when I don't know I ask the faculty.

Neostigmine.

Thank you for you time! :redface: You've honestly been a great help

Latest

Trending

Trending