Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

________________________________ ________________________
    ME:

What are you hoping for?

- 5 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's

What are you expecting?

- 3 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's, 4 C's

- No. Purely because of the subjects that will have achieved the C's and B's.

How will you open them?

- Me and my best friend are going to open each others first then pass them over once they've been read.

- Probably be really upset but just happy that I got my grades to get into my sixth form. Which I know I will... without a doubt.

- YES. Already have 3 of the 5 grades necessary.

Hi. I know I'm late but here goes

What are you hoping for?
    I've got high expectations to be honest. I'm hoping for 8A* as I did two GCSEs last year and got A*s in both.

What are you expecting?
    Maybe 6A*s and 2As

Probably not at the beginning but I know I'll have what I need so I'll brighten up. Plus I'll know I couldn't have tried better than my best.

How will you open them?
    I WANT to go to my school at 10am, as soon as the school opens and be the first one there. Then get my envelope and rip it open as soon as I find a quiet corner away from everybody.

Probably punch a wall if it's worse than my expectations. If it's good I'll send my dad a text. Then I'll probably hang around for maybe 15-30 mins for friends and teachers who want to know what I got, all the while dodging the school photographer.

Hopefully, I need an A/A* in the subjects I'm studying at A level and 5 or 6A/A* grades overall I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    What are you hoping for?
    10A*'s and 1 A^ (A* with Distinction)

What are you expecting?
    8 A*'s, 1 A^ and 2 A's

My parents will probably whip me for not getting a streak of A*'s, but I'll be reasonably satisfied. I am expecting to be borderline for some subjects and hopefully I am over the boundary for the A*

How will you open them?
    With my best mates

Straight face - possibly morphing into a humungous smile or hunching into a corner and bawling

Definitely. Only need 6 A* - C grades
    Same here XD

ReputationRep:
    - A letter
    - Paper
    - I would imagine so, yes.
    - With my fingers.
    - With some form of heart failure.
    - There's a College after this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    10A*'s and 1 A^ (A* with Distinction)

What are you expecting?
    8 A*'s, 1 A^ and 2 A's

My parents will probably whip me for not getting a streak of A*'s, but I'll be reasonably satisfied. I am expecting to be borderline for some subjects and hopefully I am over the boundary for the A*

How will you open them?
    With my best mates

Straight face - possibly morphing into a humungous smile or hunching into a corner and bawling

Definitely. Only need 6 A* - C grades
    (Original post by zebby1999)
    Same here XD
    To be honest, for both of you, your parents can bugger right off. Let's be more eloquent about what I mean: it's not for them to judge. Those results are undeniably freaking FANTASTIC, and you guys have done a GREAT job to even have the POSSIBILITY of getting such results, when many genuinely intelligent people would kill for lower ones. If your parents aren't happy, then they've got perfectionism issues that they are not working through and are projecting them onto you in trying to help you have perfect lives; while that is perfectly understandable, their behaviour is not okay and you need to ignore them and say "Screw it; I think my results are pretty damn great, thanks. I really don't require your satisfaction.". And mean it, too. I realise that's not easy, but seriously; their opinion does not matter, even if they are your parents. Wish you both the best of luck. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do1phinDreamer)
    To be honest, for both of you, your parents can bugger right off. Let's be more eloquent about what I mean: it's not for them to judge. Those results are undeniably freaking FANTASTIC, and you guys have done a GREAT job to even have the POSSIBILITY of getting such results, when many genuinely intelligent people would kill for lower ones. If your parents aren't happy, then they've got perfectionism issues that they are not working through and are projecting them onto you in trying to help you have perfect lives; while that is perfectly understandable, their behaviour is not okay and you need to ignore them and say "Screw it; I think my results are pretty damn great, thanks. I really don't require your satisfaction.". And mean it, too. I realise that's not easy, but seriously; their opinion does not matter, even if they are your parents. Wish you both the best of luck. <3
    Thanks
    You speak the truth to be honest. Its my mom really who thinks if someone has one A grade then their life isn't worth living. My dad just says do your best.
    Just to see her reaction I asked her after reading this what she'd do if I got an A in maths (the Edexcel paper was pretty hard). She looked me straight in the eyes and said run away. She has issues XD

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?: Well...I'm hoping for 5 A*s, 3 As, and one C.

What are you expecting?: I guess I'm expecting about the same? I'm trying to be realistic. Maybe one or two more A*s. And the C will probably be a D. [damn you, dance, ruining my string of A*s and As!!!]
    Will you be satisfied with your expectation?: If I get the grades mentioned above, I'll be really happy, maybe a little disappointed with the dance grade.

How will you open them?: At school...I wanna go in there as early as I'm allowed! The school say 8:30-12:30, but like hell am I waiting until half 12 to collect my results! I'll be the first one there! I'm probably going to open them with my friends and show them to a few of my teachers, permitting I didn't fail terribly.

How will you celebrate / react?: I'm going to end up crying either way. Crying if I didn't get what I have worked for, or crying if I did brilliantly and my work paid off!

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?: I'll definitely meet my offer for college. I need 5 A*-Cs, which I will get, and also specifically I need a B or higher in maths, which I will get, no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    You speak the truth to be honest. Its my mom really who thinks if someone has one A grade then their life isn't worth living. My dad just says do your best.
    Just to see her reaction I asked her after reading this what she'd do if I got an A in maths (the Edexcel paper was pretty hard). She looked me straight in the eyes and said run away. She has issues XD
    The Edexcel paper was the one with the 'impossible question', yes? I have to admit, I found that bloody awful grains question a million times harder than Hannah's (but I love algebra and hate shapes and visual stuff, so that's not too surprising, really...).
    Just like to remind you that the grade boundaries are going to be almost as low as I am in relation to normal human beings at 5 foot; they're gonna be reeeeeeeeeeal low due to the outcry from the students. You may well surprise yourself with your grade.

Your Mum, as you say, has got some stuff going on. It has very little to do with you and a lot more to do with her. Both my parents got straight As (no A*s back then), and they do not have the same attitude regardless of that because they do not have such issues, which kind of puts things into perspective.

It's 'simple' - stick with your Dad. Your Dad understands the way my parents do, and has the right attitude. So let her run away and stew in her own juice for a while. There's very little you can do to please her, really, and there's nothing you can do to change your results now. Just be pleased with yourself; what you think is by far the most important. As long as you aren't letting your Mum getting you down, her reaction is absolutely meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    The Edexcel paper was the one with the 'impossible question', yes? I have to admit, I found that bloody awful grains question a million times harder than Hannah's (but I love algebra and hate shapes and visual stuff, so that's not too surprising, really...).
    Just like to remind you that the grade boundaries are going to be almost as low as I am in relation to normal human beings at 5 foot; they're gonna be reeeeeeeeeeal low due to the outcry from the students. You may well surprise yourself with your grade.

Your Mum, as you say, has got some stuff going on. It has very little to do with you and a lot more to do with her. Both my parents got straight As (no A*s back then), and they do not have the same attitude regardless of that because they do not have such issues, which kind of puts things into perspective.

It's 'simple' - stick with your Dad. Your Dad understands the way my parents do, and has the right attitude. So let her run away and stew in her own juice for a while. There's very little you can do to please her, really, and there's nothing you can do to change your results now. Just be pleased with yourself; what you think is by far the most important. As long as you aren't letting your Mum getting you down, her reaction is absolutely meaningless.
    Yup, that was the paper.
    I feel exactly the same. With Hannah I know I probably got at least two marls if not more but that grain question was crazy. I just spent at least a minute looking at the shape trying to figure out what on earth was going on!!! But Paper two was good so can't complain.

Eh, its sort of a grin and bear with my mum. She's always been the same, even with SATs I came out with all 5a's which was the proudest day of my life and she wanted to know why on earth my total in maths was 98/100.
    Just leave her to her own thing I guess.

Anyways, you reckon there'll be a drop in national attainment of grades at GCSE this year?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that was the paper.
    I feel exactly the same. With Hannah I know I probably got at least two marls if not more but that grain question was crazy. I just spent at least a minute looking at the shape trying to figure out what on earth was going on!!! But Paper two was good so can't complain.

Eh, its sort of a grin and bear with my mum. She's always been the same, even with SATs I came out with all 5a's which was the proudest day of my life and she wanted to know why on earth my total in maths was 98/100.
    Just leave her to her own thing I guess.

Anyways, you reckon there'll be a drop in national attainment of grades at GCSE this year?
    That question seriously made me want to shove my fists in my mouth, and as I'm taking HL Math, that's not a great sign...

Yeah, I didn't find either paper bad. That one question was all I really hated...

98/100. Oh, yes, so shockingly awful. Oh, wow. Clearly, you're just so stupid... jeez. Again, you seriously cannot please her, so there's no point wasting your life trying. As you say, it's a grin and bear it situation. You absolutely should be proud.

I have no idea. I go to a school for the 'academically able' (which is why I question how I'm there...!!!) and so I kind of have a warped perspective, as this is the kind of place where quite a few people view Bs and even As as the end of the world (not all of them - some). But in that math paper, the grade boundaries will be lower because they're based on the average grades for the papers, which will be lower. They're not fixed for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do it by myself and then go tell my family.

I took some exams in year 10 and also in January of year 11, are all my results going to be on one sheet or will I only have the results for the end of y11 exams separately. I already have the other results I just want to know if they'll be together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I'm expecting:
    English Language B
    English Literature A
    Maths B
    RE A*
    History A*
    Health and Social Care B
    Additional Science B
    ICT A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I remember my GCSE results day pretty well. Hoped for good grades, got ABBBBCCC :L. Good luck to everyone, hope you get what you hope for!

ReputationRep:
    How bad are these grades? 1A 2B 3C 2D 1E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitliny)
    I'm going to do it by myself and then go tell my family.

I took some exams in year 10 and also in January of year 11, are all my results going to be on one sheet or will I only have the results for the end of y11 exams separately. I already have the other results I just want to know if they'll be together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently they are all together, not 100% sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks so much You too! Indian parents can tend to be a bit pushy as they see intellectual achievements directly corresponding to our future

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    4 A*'s, 3A's and 2 B's
    What are you expecting?
    Around that I think
    Yep, as long as I don't get below a B
    How will you open them?
    with my friends, then phone my gran, then my mum then my dad
    I'm going to Staples with my mum to get my stuff for sixth form
    As long as I get 6 B's then yep

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks so much You too! Indian parents can tend to be a bit pushy as they see intellectual achievements directly corresponding to our future
    Haha - no problem, and thanks! I understand it's a cultural thing, but I just hate to see people pressured and made to feel bad about themselves by their parents' determination, as well-intended as it may be.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    4 A*'s,5 A's,2B's
    What are you expecting?
    1 A*,7A's,3B's
    Yes because it gets me into college on the course I want to do
    How will you open them?
    With all my friends
    I don't know,whatever happens happens
    So long as I get at least 8 B's (Already got 1 A,need 7 B's or better) and an A in maths.

ReputationRep:
    With My Hands.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.