Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonesofmirkwood)
    What do they mean by transcripts? Are they the sheets with the ums scores because I may have written calculations all over mine...do you think they are needed if we have the certificates as well?
    Also how I am going to try and get proof of my work experience from 3 years ago I am still not sure...:/
    I asked my college this and they said you don't need the bit of paper with all the ums grades on as long as you have certificates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lilly_)
    I'm sure you'll get one then as long as your personal statement's fine don't lose hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha thanks! Not sure how to feel since I have no rejections and no interviews aha. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    I asked my college this and they said you don't need the bit of paper with all the ums grades on as long as you have certificates
    Thank you Thats a relief :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccidentalGenius)
    Aha thanks! Not sure how to feel since I have no rejections and no interviews aha. You?
    My mantra at the moment is: no news is good news
    I've got 3 interviews coming up and heard nothing from my 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgilly)
    anyone know how to work out my score if i got IB?
    I got an interview but dont know my total score or the score's breakdown
    Just don't bother about that, you got the interview and it's all that matters

(Original post by Barcastyleoplay)
    Are they still handing out interviews? Score is 45/52 so hopefully made cutoff point?
    as long as there are no rejections they still give out the invites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjhg)
    They say we must bring "Copies of academic achievements e.g. most recent transcripts, GCSE certificates (if taken), a copy of your year 10/11 transcripts". Does this include UKCAT?
    Hah no, no need to include ukcat . Although of you want you can bring it as well! I brought all my school certificates since I started high school and they just picked the ones they wanted

ReputationRep:
    Guys does the interview operate as a 'clean slate' sort of thing whereby the interview is the sole thing they base their offer on or is it a combination of both scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's Everyone doing for interview prep? Any ideas what the 4 stations could be about in MMI

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on 9th Jan....2 days after I come back from Amsterdam ooh dear.

Anyone got any info about interview style? All i've heard is that it's 4 MMI stations, including some roleplay/scenario type thing? But don't know if this is all 4 stations, or there will be like 1 roleplay, 1 personal statement, 1 ethics station etc etc.

Does anyone have any stats? Eg number of applicants, interviews, offers, places this year?

Stresssssing! Only had 1 other interview (Cardiff) which went poooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohdearme)
    Got an interview on 9th Jan....2 days after I come back from Amsterdam ooh dear.

Anyone got any info about interview style? All i've heard is that it's 4 MMI stations, including some roleplay/scenario type thing? But don't know if this is all 4 stations, or there will be like 1 roleplay, 1 personal statement, 1 ethics station etc etc.

Does anyone have any stats? Eg number of applicants, interviews, offers, places this year?

Stresssssing! Only had 1 other interview (Cardiff) which went poooooooooooo
    There's some stats on their website

Also I know how you feel, only had one interview which went similarly
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    will you PS form part of the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Still being hopeful of an interview with 42 points (perhaps foolishly) good luck to everyone who has them so far! Luckily this is my only med school left to hear from, so not seething with jealousy just yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Still being hopeful of an interview with 42 points (perhaps foolishly) good luck to everyone who has them so far! Luckily this is my only med school left to hear from, so not seething with jealousy just yet
    I'm still waiting to hear anything at all...47 points and a fairly full PS

ReputationRep:
    If I've done the scoring system right (!), I've got 46/52 - 31/36 for UKCAT & 15/16 for GCSEs. Moved my interview to 27th Feb, as 9th Jan just seemed waaaay too soon.

Any ideas on the interview yet? Don't know what this "ice-breaker" thing is that they're on about - maybe a PS question, or something?

ReputationRep:
    If I've done the scoring system right (!), I've got 46/52 - 31/36 for UKCAT & 15/16 for GCSEs. Moved my interview to 27th Feb, as 9th Jan just seemed waaaay too soon.

Any ideas on the interview yet? Don't know what this "ice-breaker" thing is that they're on about - maybe a PS question, or something?
    Sorry where did you hear about this ice breaker thing and where can I find details of what interview will be about? Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    Sorry where did you hear about this ice breaker thing and where can I find details of what interview will be about? Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On the interview offer email, there was a link & it has FAQs about the interview. It basically just says that there will be 4 stations, around half an hour in total, & on the first station there will be 3 mins to answer 'ice breaker' questions... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    On the interview offer email, there was a link & it has FAQs about the interview. It basically just says that there will be 4 stations, around half an hour in total, & on the first station there will be 3 mins to answer 'ice breaker' questions... :confused:
    Oh god, that sounds awful. At our mock BSMS interview we had a med student tell us that someone was spreading rumours about his girlfriend (Who we also knew) and that he keyed his car last night. We were all a bit like :confused::confused: but it was to test whether we would dob him in or not testing our ethics etc. Sneaky!

ReputationRep:

Out of interest, how did you move your interview? Did you just phone them up? Was it relatively easy? I also feel like my jan interview is too early

I would say the 'ice-breaker' would be something like 'tell me about yourself' so you skim over your work experience, extra-curriculars, hobbies etc. or like 'why do you want to do medicine?', something broad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luce')
    Out of interest, how did you move your interview? Did you just phone them up? Was it relatively easy? I also feel like my jan interview is too early

I would say the 'ice-breaker' would be something like 'tell me about yourself' so you skim over your work experience, extra-curriculars, hobbies etc. or like 'why do you want to do medicine?', something broad
    Erm I just went onto the eventbrite thing, booked a new date (27th Feb) and then went onto view tickets --> view order (for the Jan one) --> cancel order. Pretty easy. Got an email through for the new booking & one for the cancellation.

Gah hate the broad ones haha. At least they're trying to put us at ease though

ReputationRep:
    Erm I just went onto the eventbrite thing, booked a new date (27th Feb) and then went onto view tickets --> view order (for the Jan one) --> cancel order. Pretty easy. Got an email through for the new booking & one for the cancellation.

Gah hate the broad ones haha. At least they're trying to put us at ease though
    Thank you! Just change mine to the 27th of feb too!

Oh god I know, I just end up waffling on for bloody ages! Then again broad questions are better than role play! Anythings better than role play...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.