The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soontobesuper
That's great to hear! My only Question was how long was the actual interview bit? and how many interviewers were there? And did you get an interview straight away?

My interview was a little longer than the others' - the guy who interviewed me liked to talk - and we held the others up. It was just the one guy. My group (each group had about 10 people) got lucky in having our interviews straight after the welcome presentation, but others had to wait longer - they were staggered throughout the day.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by adaltilio
Nice :smile: Where else have you applied?

Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and Bristol (I have an offer, ABB :biggrin:)
Reply 442
Original post by Soontobesuper

:gasp:Well don! Have you already got your A2s then?

Thanks!

Yeah I've got A*A*A*A already (In Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Biology) and am predicted an A* in FM which I'm self teaching in my gap year.
Original post by iamnotthewalrus
Interview on 6th November for German and Russian :-)

How did your interview go? What did you talk about?
Original post by bourboncreams
How did your interview go? What did you talk about?

Well I got an offer last night so it must have gone pretty well! :tongue: They mainly just asked me general interview questions, eg strengths and weaknesses, that kind of thing, then briefly they talked to me about some of the things in my personal statement :smile:
Reply 445
Original post by William Turtle
I had my biochemistry interview last Wednesday (the 6th), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. The main thing is, the interviews are really friendly and really aren't hard work. It's hard to believe that until you've had one, but it's entirely true.

I've got my interview tomorrow. Were the questions really academic or just questions like: Why do you want to study biochemistry, why Manchester etc. Also as it a group interview was it one on one??
Reply 446
neuroscience interview in 2 weeks!
Original post by Sunneth
I've got my interview tomorrow. Were the questions really academic or just questions like: Why do you want to study biochemistry, why Manchester etc. Also as it a group interview was it one on one??

I've been informed that I'm not allowed to tell you exactly what questions I had... All I can say is that those may *nudge* or may not *nudge* be exactly the questions I was asked.
I took the conversation, myself, in an academic direction with a current affairs edge, but that depended on the questions I asked my interviewer (it was just one to one). So really, you can make it what suits you. They just want to see (as my interviewer said) 'that you're a real human being'.

Good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 448
I've been informed that I'm not allowed to tell you exactly what questions I had... All I can say is that those may *nudge* or may not *nudge* be exactly the questions I was asked.
I took the conversation, myself, in an academic direction with a current affairs edge, but that depended on the questions I asked my interviewer (it was just one to one). So really, you can make it what suits you. They just want to see (as my interviewer said) 'that you're a real human being'.

Good luck!

Thanks :smile: How long did it take them to get back to you?
Original post by arco1996
Offer for International Business, Economics and Finance

Original post by Southpaw Wolf
I got an offer for Economics (BAEcon) L100. :smile: Any future coursemates here?

Hey! I've applied for IBEF and BAEcon as well!
Can I ask what your predicted grades were?

P.s. my school has only sent off my application now though, do you think it's too late to get an offer? I really want to get in to Manchester :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Procrastinator123

P.s. my school has only sent off my application now though, do you think it's too late to get an offer? I really want to get in to Manchester :frown:

I'm predicted 4A*. I personally don't think it's too late, seeing that the deadline hasn't passed yet.
Reply 451
Visit day/interview on the 5th dec for maths w/ finance. Anyone else got this? Or had an interview for the maths school?
Original post by iamnotthewalrus
Well I got an offer last night so it must have gone pretty well! :tongue: They mainly just asked me general interview questions, eg strengths and weaknesses, that kind of thing, then briefly they talked to me about some of the things in my personal statement :smile:

okay thanks, and well done!!
Original post by Procrastinator123

Nope, it's not too late until 15th January :smile:

Original post by doug96
Visit day/interview on the 5th dec for maths w/ finance. Anyone else got this? Or had an interview for the maths school?

There are a few - see the first page of this thread for a list
Original post by Sunneth
Thanks :smile: How long did it take them to get back to you?

Well I just got my offer made official yesterday (for Origami Bullets' benefit, as well as your own), so that'd be 6 days from last Wednesday (when my interview was). Offer was AAA in biology, chemistry and maths.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 455
I've applied for physics with theoretical physics (BSc) got an interview this tuesday coming!
Reply 456
Got an offer for Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology - I'm over the moon as Manc is my first choice uni! :biggrin:

Did anyone else go to the life sciences interview day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I just got my offer made official yesterday (for Origami Bullets' benefit, as well as your own), so that'd be 6 days from last Wednesday. Offer was AAA in biology, chemistry and maths.

Original post by aerf
I've applied for physics with theoretical physics (BSc) got an interview this tuesday coming!

Original post by annie_
Got an offer for Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology - I'm over the moon as Manc is my first choice uni! :biggrin:

Did anyone else go to the life sciences interview day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations all - the list has been updated :smile:
I've just got an offer for philosophy :biggrin:
Reply 459
Original post by Wild Nothing
I've just got an offer for philosophy :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: how long was the wait and do you have an interview for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest