Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Szmessh)
    http://canarywharfian.co.uk/test-prep/

GraduateMonkey and AssessmentDay are alternatives.
    Ah, you're a star! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is there a specific date for the applications to start? When exactly should they start at the main BBanks?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mduran1)
    Hey, is there a specific date for the applications to start? When exactly should they start at the main BBanks?

thanks
    They already opened at some BB. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Can I use the information I have on my linkedin describing my work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F10THU)
    Can I use the information I have on my linkedin describing my work experience?
    Of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    Of course
    i haven't start uni yet so what do I put down in the uni predicted grade box? Should I wait until I have done a few tests then send my application as I should have some sort grade then?

I am going to an english uni so I am allowed to apply in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't start uni yet so what do I put down in the uni predicted grade box? Should I wait until I have done a few tests then send my application as I should have some sort grade then?

I haven't started with any applications yet - wasn't really sure when to! As I don't start university until quite late; beginning of October :/ and leaving it until then would definitely be too long so in a bit of a dilemma! I think the EC I've got atm will suffice anyway.

I remember on the previous thread users had the same issue and would just write N/A or something along those lines. Could always give the bank a ring and let them know what they think you should do too. I remember 1 user called up Nomura regarding the same issue.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started with any applications yet - wasn't really sure when to! As I don't start university until quite late; beginning of October :/ and leaving it until then would definitely be too long so in a bit of a dilemma! I think the EC I've got atm will suffice anyway.

I remember on the previous thread users had the same issue and would just write N/A or something along those lines. Could always give the bank a ring and let them know what they think you should do too. I remember 1 user called up Nomura regarding the same issue.
    Is it just me or has JP Morgan not started its application process?

On the website it says Apply Now but i can't find the listing on the page it re-directs you to...

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or has JP Morgan not started its application process?

On the website it says Apply Now but i can't find the listing on the page it re-directs you to...
    According to the Canarywharfian it's not open; but that was last updated on Tuesday, so I'm not too sure - sorry!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Just put 2.i predicted, that's all

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what my chances are like for landing a SW?

1A*, 5As, 5Bs, 1C at GCSE.
    A*A*AA in Maths, Economics, FM and Physics respectively at A level (+ A* in EPQ).
    Starting UCL Econ in September.

No relevant finance work experience.

I competed at regional level in swimming for 4 years throughout my GCSEs and A levels and won a silver medal at regional champs. (Would this be worth a mention/help my application?).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Can anyone tell me what my chances are like for landing a SW?

1A*, 5As, 5Bs, 1C at GCSE.
    A*A*AA in Maths, Economics, FM and Physics respectively at A level (+ A* in EPQ).
    Starting UCL Econ in September.

No relevant finance work experience.

I competed at regional level in swimming for 4 years throughout my GCSEs and A levels and won a silver medal at regional champs. (Would this be worth a mention/help my application?).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'll be doing UCL Econ this september as well. Give me a pm!
    Regarding the SW application, I think grades, even though yours are good, is not sufficient in a good Spring Week application. But hell, you're at a target so play it all in all, find stuff you did that you can put on a cv (as long as it is recent and decent). The swimming competition is a good example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solaars)
    Regarding the SW application, I think grades, even though yours are good, is not sufficient in a good Spring Week application. But hell, you're at a target so play it all in all, find stuff you did that you can put on a cv (as long as it is recent and decent). The swimming competition is a good example.
    Why are the grades not sufficient? They're more than sufficient. With a few EC's and some clear interest in finance, that's all you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Why are the grades not sufficient? They're more than sufficient. With a few EC's and some clear interest in finance, that's all you need
    Because even though it's entry level, I think you need more to be noticed by the recruiters. In a pool of students with perfect grades (which is the way the pool of applicants for SW is), having sufficient grades is not enough to distinguish yourself, imho

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys know if any of the Spring Weeks allow people who are going into their final year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solaars)
    Hey, thanks for the advice

Are you waiting until we start at UCL before applying or are you applying now? The only thing I'm thinking about is finance societies etc. Do you think it's worth waiting before applying so I can put something like that down seeing as I have nothing finance related atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Are you waiting until we start at UCL before applying or are you applying now? The only thing I'm thinking about is finance societies etc. Do you think it's worth waiting before applying so I can put something like that down seeing as I have nothing finance related atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are you putting down as your uni grade if you apply before starting?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in the process atm, but I'll send the applications around early October.
    I don't think that saying you attended the welcome fair of the economics and finance society will do you any good.. if I were you I'd rather find something business-related or which showed some "entrepreneurship mindset" that I did. Try to be creative! Anyway the CV is just so that you can pass the initial screening. Afterward you'll have to be prepared for the online psychometric tests, I think that's the important part of the application
    Then during the interview.. show passion. Aha.

ReputationRep:
    Do all spring week applications require a cover letter?

ReputationRep:
    So early October is a good time to send the applications in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.