Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classymassey)
    How did you get an unconditional offer? Was your personal statement just that good it blew them away? Was your interview amazing? Or both?

I so want to go to Manchester!
    Unconditionals are generally given by universities to people who aren't waiting for results/have finished exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Manchester (from last week) and I haven't received an email or anything from them apart from the update on my Track... Is that normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classymassey)
    How did you get an unconditional offer? Was your personal statement just that good it blew them away? Was your interview amazing? Or both?

I so want to go to Manchester!
    I've already done my a levels so that's why haha! No way I would have got one if I applied last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zuzu096)
    I've already done my a levels so that's why haha! No way I would have got one if I applied last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh riiiight, get it now! Thank you - can I ask what grades you got and why you didn't apply last year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I have applied for Social Anthropology but haven't heard back anything other than an acknowlegement. Anyone else applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY)
    Hi guys
    I have applied for Social Anthropology but haven't heard back anything other than an acknowlegement. Anyone else applied?
    Hey, I applied for Social Anthropology too I got an acknowledgement the day after I applied (15th Oct), and an offer on 22nd Oct Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MercedesAnjelica)
    Hey, I applied for Social Anthropology too I got an acknowledgement the day after I applied (15th Oct), and an offer on 22nd Oct Where else are you applying?
    Oh really?! Amazing, well done you! I applied on like the 3rd October but didn't get an acknowledgement until 5 days ago. Weird. Anyway, what are your grades? Is it an unconditional? (I am a mature student so not sure if that means I will be later or not)
    I have applied Manc, LSE, KCL, UCL and Cambridge you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY)
    Oh really?! Amazing, well done you! I applied on like the 3rd October but didn't get an acknowledgement until 5 days ago. Weird. Anyway, what are your grades? Is it an unconditional? (I am a mature student so not sure if that means I will be later or not)
    I have applied Manc, LSE, KCL, UCL and Cambridge you?
    Thanks My predicted are ABB :/ but the entry requirement is as well so that's good - nope, conditional I've applied Manc, Durham, Birmingham, Exeter and UEA (conditional -ABB here as well)

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today from UoM admissions office and was genuinely terrified to open it in case it was rejection/offer - turns out it was a flippin' email to tell me "Your online assessment is currently being assessed" - I KNOW! I SUBMITTED IT A FORTNIGHT AGO! Yeesh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoLimes)
    I got an email today from UoM admissions office and was genuinely terrified to open it in case it was rejection/offer - turns out it was a flippin' email to tell me "Your online assessment is currently being assessed" - I KNOW! I SUBMITTED IT A FORTNIGHT AGO! Yeesh...
    Haha, well I'm still waiting to receive mine Just out of curiosity, what's the assessment like? I'm not looking for specifics, but if you could give me a general overview, that would be great! I guess I would be less nervous if I had somewhat of an idea of its format )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MercedesAnjelica)
    Thanks My predicted are ABB :/ but the entry requirement is as well so that's good - nope, conditional I've applied Manc, Durham, Birmingham, Exeter and UEA (conditional -ABB here as well)
    Ahh i see - well that's awesome that you have heard from two of your choices though! I think I won't hear from any of mine til AT LEAST after Christmas time !

ReputationRep:
    Received my offer for Classics from Manchester last night, ABB! :cool:

Words cannot express how relieved I am that I now have an (almost!) guaranteed spot at University for next year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndreaB96)
    Haha, well I'm still waiting to receive mine Just out of curiosity, what's the assessment like? I'm not looking for specifics, but if you could give me a general overview, that would be great! I guess I would be less nervous if I had somewhat of an idea of its format )
    Is it for english? If so I direct you to my post here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post51222163 - hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an interview/ applicant day on 26th November for Chemical Engineering? Really nervous but excited, hoping to get an offer as Manchester will be my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilybarrett)
    Anyone else got an interview/ applicant day on 26th November for Chemical Engineering? Really nervous but excited, hoping to get an offer as Manchester will be my first choice
    Me and my friend both applied, he got an interview on the 26th as well but I just got a straight offer, only other difference is he's a chemical engineer I'm mechanical he's extremely nervous don't worry, I've always wondered what percentage of applicants go to interview :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilJones138)
    Me and my friend both applied, he got an interview on the 26th as well but I just got a straight offer, only other difference is he's a chemical engineer I'm mechanical he's extremely nervous don't worry, I've always wondered what percentage of applicants go to interview :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done for the offer!
    It seems to be the more competitive courses that are having interviews. I'll probably see your friend there!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get responses for Computer Science? Was it an offer or an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilybarrett)
    Well done for the offer!
    It seems to be the more competitive courses that are having interviews. I'll probably see your friend there!
    Thanks ! and Yeah probably haha good luck in your interview! All the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zuzu096)
    I'm a post result applicant too for chemistry! They've asked me for a statement of my results so just got to get that processesed. Has anyone asked you for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only just got my confirmation letter from Manchester so not yet. UEA have asked but I don't have my certificates yet (like the proper ones ) so I don't know what to do ?! Got an interview at Bath and they haven't bothered to ask for a copy ? It's weird how they all ask for different things! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for Biochemistry with the placement year. My AS grades were AACC so not sure of my chances, but just hoping for the best.
    What have the offers been like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.