Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachachacha)
    omg in the exact same boat!
    Bristol is a great city!!! LIVERPOOL is still great-better nightlife and oooh 87% of students are from state school compare that to Bristol around 40%. So it'd be easier to fit in although you're going there for an education!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg in the exact same boat!
    Really?! Which uni are you leaning towards? I'm thinking of going to Liverpool then doing a masters in London?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get an email from them last week saying they've had an increased unexpected number of applicants, so may take longer to reply? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha97)
    Really?! Which uni are you leaning towards? I'm thinking of going to Liverpool then doing a masters in London?
    I'm literally changing my mind everyday! I think I'll see how my mocks go first, which are in a few weeks time. If they don't go so well I'll probably play it safe and put Liverpool. But I really like the look of Liverpool anyway, so even if they go well I may still put it! Ugh, such a tough decision!

ReputationRep:
    Omg you think exactly like me! I thought after liverpool I'll do a masters at kcl/ucl !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally changing my mind everyday! I think I'll see how my mocks go first, which are in a few weeks time. If they don't go so well I'll probably play it safe and put Liverpool. But I really like the look of Liverpool anyway, so even if they go well I may still put it! Ugh, such a tough decision!
    That's how I'm feeling, Liverpool is still appealing to me even if I were to get the grades for Bristol. It's so hard to make a decision because it will effect everything (job wise/people you meet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    Omg you think exactly like me! I thought after liverpool I'll do a masters at kcl/ucl !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same I looked at the requirements for both KCL and UCL for a LLM yesterday and they want higher 2:1/1st

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same I looked at the requirements for both KCL and UCL for a LLM yesterday and they want higher 2:1/1st
    Ahh..obviously as law is quite a popular course! !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's how I'm feeling, Liverpool is still appealing to me even if I were to get the grades for Bristol. It's so hard to make a decision because it will effect everything (job wise/people you meet).
    Yeah so true! Are you hoping to become a lawyer? I'm hoping to become a barrister so I guess reputation will count for a lot :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so true! Are you hoping to become a lawyer? I'm hoping to become a barrister so I guess reputation will count for a lot :/
    Yeah same I want to become a practising barrister in London, would be a dream. That's true reputation does count for a lot but I also think that if you go to Liverpool then do a masters in a good london uni then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same I want to become a practising barrister in London, would be a dream. That's true reputation does count for a lot but I also think that if you go to Liverpool then do a masters in a good london uni then you should be fine.
    Eeek solicitor at a city firm!!! But...that's not all at Bpp you can do an integrated masters in commercial law with lpc ! In a year ...but say ma from lse in human rights will look amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I actually want to be a solicitor for a while before trying to tackle the BAR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSah)
    I actually want to be a solicitor for a while before trying to tackle the BAR.
    Bar is risky. You're not guranteed a job as your self employed and graduate starting salary at city firms omg £39-40k .. imagine after 5 years you'd be loving life! for solicitor that is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bar is risky. You're not guranteed a job as your self employed and graduate starting salary at city firms omg £39-40k .. imagine after 5 years you'd be loving life! for solicitor that is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly, I want to remain as a solicitor as long as can be.

I feel I work better on a more 1-1 basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmward1996)
    Applied and got into university this year, but I wasn't satisfied with my grades so decided to take a gap year and retake some exams.

Applying for Law with Business Studies (got an offer for this course last year)-
    AS Results stand at: ABBBC
    A2 Results are: A*CCC
    Retaking exams in 4 subjects, including AS Sociology (which I'd previously dropped after AS and will be completing at A2 level this year)
    Predicted grades for this year: A*AABC
    Entry Requirements: ABB- received this offer last year

Also applying for: QMUL (Law), Newcastle (Law), Warwick (Law with Business), City University London (Law)
    So what's your offer? Do you mind saying the subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I want to remain as a solicitor as long as can be.

I feel I work better on a more 1-1 basis.
    Same!!! Liverpool is not hard tp get into you could even get an A in General studiea or a ridiculously easy subject along with 2 B grades and they'll take you for any non-clinical related course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same!!! Liverpool is not hard tp get into you could even get an A in General studiea or a ridiculously easy subject along with 2 B grades and they'll take you for any non-clinical related course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was always wondering why Liverpool's requirements are relatively low for being a Russell Group.

Obviously Uni is more than just the course, and what's further deterring me from Liverpool is the god awful accommodation, and I'm not very keen on the area as a whole.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I was always wondering why Liverpool's requirements are relatively low for being a Russell Group.

Obviously Uni is more than just the course, and what's further deterring me from Liverpool is the god awful accommodation, and I'm not very keen on the area as a whole.

What do you think?
    I know even for law!!! Like they've listed on the website 479 law with criminology"...undergraduates 2013""..to appear competitive. But..it's a redbrick established in the 1800's ..and the research has no impact on students/teaching is quite good. Also..they have a uni in China/medical /dentistry school makes it prestige. I think it's an okay area as I come from London I'm not sure what to expect! ??:/ sorry.. but there's only 11% private school people on the statistics it said which still shows it's good. ABB are decent grades-well for me anything B or above is sufficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know even for law!!! Like they've listed on the website 479 law with criminology"...undergraduates 2013""..to appear competitive. But..it's a redbrick established in the 1800's ..and the research has no impact on students/teaching is quite good. Also..they have a uni in China/medical /dentistry school makes it prestige. I think it's an okay area as I come from London I'm not sure what to expect! ??:/ sorry.. but there's only 11% private school people on the statistics it said which still shows it's good. ABB are decent grades-well for me anything B or above is sufficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not too keen on it from what I see and hear. Attending an open day will be hard for me as well. I'm from London, and getting up there before 8:30am to find the place for 9:00am will be extremely difficult.

Waiting on my final response, which is York which I had an interview for. If York says yes, I'll forget about Liverpool. I still want to give it a chance, but we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too keen on it from what I see and hear. Attending an open day will be hard for me as well. I'm from London, and getting up there before 8:30am to find the place for 9:00am will be extremely difficult.

Waiting on my final response, which is York which I had an interview for. If York says yes, I'll forget about Liverpool. I still want to give it a chance, but we'll see.
    Ahh..I see just do whatever you feel is best and achievable! But you need loads of experience/interpersonal skills/extra curricular activities under your belt and the reputation of yoyr uni just helps 2%. Well in my opinion, but definitely go for what you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.