The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The.Joker
So if we sign Balotelli by tomorrow 12pm he will be eligible to play vs City on Monday night.

would you want him to though? against his old club?
Original post by fallen_acorns
would you want him to though? against his old club?

inb4 scores a hattrick :cool:
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
inb4 scores a hattrick :cool:

Il give it that, if anyone would perform well against their former club and shock people, its balo.. but sitll seems like an unlikely risk to me..

Even if he gets signed in time to play, he would never start, and never get more then a few minutes cameo at the end..
Original post by fallen_acorns
Il give it that, if anyone would perform well against their former club and shock people, its balo.. but sitll seems like an unlikely risk to me..

Even if he gets signed in time to play, he would never start, and never get more then a few minutes cameo at the end..

It will be the 4-3-3 that Rodgers has been practicing in training all week with Balotelli on the bench coming on for one of the wingers in the game is going well with Sturridge moved out wide or if City are winning then he will come on and Rodgers will shift to a diamond.
He certainly won't start, he probably will only get 1 or 2 training sessions anyway so he wouldn't be ready and he is to lazy to start at the Etihad.
Reply 444
I've given him a lot of criticism but if the Balo deal goes through and we get rid of the few players we do not want, Ayre has done a fantastic job this summer.
You've had a terrific transfer window. If you land Balotelli, you're title challengers.
Original post by Manchester United
You've had a terrific transfer window. If you land Balotelli, you're title challengers.

Exactly. Which is the difference between CL and no CL football. Which I've been saying for ages.

Rodgers has done a good job. Identified what needed fixing and has fixed it as quickly as possible.
Reply 447
Excited. Hopefully he's registered for Monday. I just hope he's finally realised he's not getting many more chances and he has to take one sooner rather then later.

barneystin
x

Original post by Alex Doran
Wow ... Really?
You would rather have Remy, Bony or Eto'o ahead of Balotelli? There is no denying which one of those 4 has the most quality, presence, strength and ability to score for Liverpool. Yes, he does lose his head at times but he is still a quality goalscorer and he will be a very successful signing if it happens.
I admit Sanchez and Falcao would both be better signings but Sanchez wanted Arsenal which Liverpool could do nothing about and realistically, Liverpool can't compete with Madrid for Falcao given he wants to go there.

Remy and Bony are both probably better goalscorers than Mario, Remy is certainly a better fit for the team/squad as well.

My footballing issues with Mario are a) how will he fit into the team, and b) he does not fit into our playing style at all. He doesn't go for quick passing interchanges, he prefers to hold onto the ball and then move past defenders with skill when the better opportunity for a pass might have gone.

Not TOO concerned about his off the field antics, but obviously there's massive (previously thought to be insurmountable) question marks over his mentality. If Rodgers can get him training properly and willing to bed into the team then obviously we might have a superstar.
can't really believe this is happening...

**** the S*n

he'll fit right in

Really excited by his capture.

We're paying £4m more than Southampton did for Long.
Damn. You guys have had a super transfer window :beard:
Suarez worked out and Liverpool are generally patient with players(e.g. Carroll, Henderson and Downing) so he will work out.

Ngl top 3 confirmed, probably will break into top 2. But just goes to show what CL football can do to people. Funny how everyone was saying Liverpool were having a crap window and turning into spurs yet second they get Balotelli it's now an amazing transfer window.
Fun fact. Super Mario, Sterling and Sturridge cost less than Luke Shaw. YNWA. Fantastic transfer window.
Reply 455
Cant wait now, hope he can play against citeh...

Original post by mhassan
Fun fact. Super Mario, Sterling and Sturridge cost less than Luke Shaw. YNWA. Fantastic transfer window.

Loool. That's funny.
1 week ago all the comments were about Liverpool were the new Spurs and that they wasted the money and they would be nowhere near the top 4 (which had United in.)
Liverpool beat Southampton and Balotelli signs and suddenly they are title contenders again and have had an amazing window. How is it that a player worth £16m can change so many opinions? (I have said it is a 3 way battle for 3rd and 4th for a while and I stick to it, unless United sign no defenders in which case its easy.)
Reply 458
ffs i didn't realise we were playing on Monday, I've just agreed to work in the evening. It'll be the first competitive game I've missed in like 2 years (Apart from that stupid FA Cup game that wasn't on TV).
Reply 459
Original post by Yesss I diddd

**** the S*n

he'll fit right in

That quote sounds like one of Luke's posts tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest