The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by axc247
Thank you for letting us know. I'm on the waiting list and it gives me a tiny bit of hope that there may still be a chance for me this year.
All the best for the future!

The SGUL offers are due out in Feb so I suspect a number of people pull out then. If I get a Swansea offer then I would withdraw my Warwick application.
Reply 441
Original post by M150
The SGUL offers are due out in Feb so I suspect a number of people pull out then. If I get a Swansea offer then I would withdraw my Warwick application.

Me too, Swansea offer means I'll withdraw. There's definitely hope for you waiting listers :smile:

German medical school instead. Education for free, more time for a part time job, MD title instead of MBBS; training will not be as good as in the UK and it's 5-6 years but I think I'm making the right decision for me also because it's more likely that I will live and practice in Germany or Italy than here in the UK later in my life.

Good luck everyone!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 443
Original post by ranelagh75
Oh that's good. Best of luck. It must be really stressful. What a strange an arbitrary thing to reject your candidacy on.

If there's anything I can possibly do to help, let me know.

Thanks for the offer - it was much appreciated. We were notified by email last Friday that the deadline was being extended (thank god) to Feb 2nd.

Needless to say, I completed the survey and submitted it on Friday :smile:

It still seems a bit unclear what the interview format will be though - I was under the impression WMS was changing to MMI this year, but on the website it sounds like it could be an Interview (like last year I guess) OR MMI's
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 444
I got rejected this morning :frown: has anyone else on the 'wait and see' list heard anything?
Reply 445
Original post by tasmay
I got rejected this morning :frown: has anyone else on the 'wait and see' list heard anything?

Rejected too
also rejected, although I was expecting it. did others also get the generic 'Your application scored well, and I would encourage you to apply again in the future, should you wish to do so.'?
Reply 447
Original post by jeanretsileg
also rejected, although I was expecting it. did others also get the generic 'Your application scored well, and I would encourage you to apply again in the future, should you wish to do so.'?

Yeah I got that in the email too :smile: to be fair Warwick wasn't my first choice anyway so I'm not too bothered this year :smile:
Reply 448
Original post by tasmay

Also rejected off the waiting list. It seems like no one got in off the waiting list then?
So gutted as this was my last shot for this year :frown: feels so much worse to be given a little bit of hope for those couple of months and then just get a straight rejection. :frown:
good luck to those with interviews
Reply 449
Is there still a waiting list for interview? I've got my time off, travel and accomodation all booked and unable to cancel for my Warwick interview but I've now got a Swansea offer which was my first choice. I'm really unlikely to go for Warwick and I'd be happy if i could withdraw and give my interview space to someone else but if no one else would get the spot then I'm tempted to go anyway on the off chance as I've not even been to visit Warwick before.
Original post by M150
Is there still a waiting list for interview? I've got my time off, travel and accomodation all booked and unable to cancel for my Warwick interview but I've now got a Swansea offer which was my first choice. I'm really unlikely to go for Warwick and I'd be happy if i could withdraw and give my interview space to someone else but if no one else would get the spot then I'm tempted to go anyway on the off chance as I've not even been to visit Warwick before.

You'll have to contact warwick yourself and tell them you want to withdraw so they can offer the place to someone else on waiting list.
Reply 451
Does anyone know whether the ratio of interviewees to offers has changed? I'm wondering whether it gives those who want to go to warwick a greater chance of being made an offer if other people selected for interview have withdrawn. Do they always notify someone else on the waiting list or will the number being interviewed have dropped?
Reply 452
Original post by Kateg7
Does anyone know whether the ratio of interviewees to offers has changed? I'm wondering whether it gives those who want to go to warwick a greater chance of being made an offer if other people selected for interview have withdrawn. Do they always notify someone else on the waiting list or will the number being interviewed have dropped?

I think they have fewer interviews overall this year. Fewer than last year for sure.
Original post by Kateg7

Original post by ilem
I think they have fewer interviews overall this year. Fewer than last year for sure.

Yeah, I emailed a while ago and they said around 400 for 177 places. They're pretty good odds, especially compared to other places! I think they interviewed nearly 600 last year...
Aghh I'm stressing so much not knowing what the interview will be like! All other unis were a bit more specific about the style/stations they were going to test.

Anyone who applied before could shed a light on what the interviews used to be like?
They might be different this year but any info is better than this absolute silence! @.@
Reply 455
Original post by Going_To_California
Yeah, I emailed a while ago and they said around 400 for 177 places. They're pretty good odds, especially compared to other places! I think they interviewed nearly 600 last year...

Fair enough. These odds are really as good as it gets for GEM :smile:
Original post by Deslucia
Aghh I'm stressing so much not knowing what the interview will be like! All other unis were a bit more specific about the style/stations they were going to test.

Anyone who applied before could shed a light on what the interviews used to be like?
They might be different this year but any info is better than this absolute silence! @.@

I spoke to my friend who applied previously and unfortunately the old process is completely different to MMI. It used to be a written assessment, group activity, and individual panel, and the questions asked were apparently top secret!

I'm taking the vagueness to be a good thing - we're all in the same boat and they'll expect you to be thinking on the spot and having no exposure to the topics - they will also have plenty of teething problems so hopefully will be more lenient!
Reply 457
Original post by ilem
Fair enough. These odds are really as good as it gets for GEM :smile:

On the website it says 380 roughly are called to interview to fill 177 places, but I suppose that figure varies with the withdrawals etc. And the odds are actually even better because not everybody that interviews will accept the offer. Or are the warwick interviewees the ones who have warwick as their 1st choice- as it seems other uni's have already interviewed and sent out offers...
Reply 458
Anyone know how many offers are sent out? Haven't seen anything on the website and presumably they follow the trend of sending out a certain number more offers than places.
Reply 459
Original post by adderz242
You'll have to contact warwick yourself and tell them you want to withdraw so they can offer the place to someone else on waiting list.

Heya,

Sorry - not sure if my previous post is very clear. If there is still a waiting list then I will be getting in touch with Warwick to withdraw so that the next person on the waiting list can have my spot. If it just means that me withdrawing will mean fewer people are interviewed overall then I am wondering if I should attend just in case I fall in love with Warwick. I've already booked everything for the interview (didn't think I would have heard from Swansea yet and wanted to get the train tickets etc cheap) so it wouldn't really make much of a difference to me to attend.

The only reason I'm asking is that lots of people on this thread who were on the waiting list have been rejected already and I was wondering if anyone on here was still on a waiting list before I call them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending