Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memetics)
    Lol, apparently I'm the first person that my school can remember whose ever gotten into Oxford.
    Me too, my school didn't even know what are oxford interviews. I had to explain the whole admissions process to my principal and teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Christ Church//Engineering

Disbelief to be honest, I couldn't define a bloody radian in my interview. Anyone find it funny that we get cleaners for our rooms ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! I'm a Cantab offer holder just wanted to say congrats to my mortal enemies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Ah. You're the first person off TSR I've met in real life albeit accidentally !
    I've now met too many to count!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Thank-you! Do you have an offer for St John's too? (hopefully!)
    Nope, pooled to St Catz. Had interviews there so makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    Nope, pooled to St Catz. Had interviews there so makes sense.
    Ahh, it's a shame you won't be at St John's, but well done for getting an offer! Hopefully see you in October

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, it's a shame you won't be at St John's, but well done for getting an offer! Hopefully see you in October
    Thank you! See you then! Good luck for the last few months of A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    Thank you! See you then! Good luck for the last few months of A-levels
    You too

ReputationRep:
    Is there a Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Is there a Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421006107.101749.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  55.2 KB
    I searched and found this group

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgk286)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421006107.101749.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  55.2 KB
    I searched and found this group

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would avoid joining that. There's nothing official about it. It makes me rather suspicious when things that aren't official claim to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    I would avoid joining that. There's nothing official about it. It makes me rather suspicious when things that aren't official claim to be.
    The admins in that group are at Cambridge, which makes me slightly distrustful.

ReputationRep:
    There's a 'University of Oxford Applicants / Offer Holders 2015 Entry' group with 50 members, but you have to apply to join which is a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    current Oxford students - are Catz and Hilda's still at war with Magdalen?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Is it a problem if you're not on Facebook? I'm not a member and I seriously do not want to join Facebook but I don't want to miss out on any important information...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by maxisuper)
    Offer from Christ Church//Engineering

Disbelief to be honest, I couldn't define a bloody radian in my interview. Anyone find it funny that we get cleaners for our rooms ?
    It's kinda cool but I don't like how they're called "Scouts". Makes them sound a bit like servants :/

Same! I think I read through the whole prospectus (including for science courses, which I definitely couldn't have applied for ) quite a few times, plus I have probably spent more time on the Oxford Admissions website since Yr 10 than it would take to actually complete the course itself
    Same! I remember when I was in Oxford when I was 8 or something, I 'decided' I was going to go there (probably mainly because His Dark Materials is set there). When I was in Year 10 (I think) for some reason I just started obsessively browsing the Oxford website and I remember exactly what piece of music I was listening to at that time. I replayed it when I got my offer

I noticed that too! It's funny though, because during interviews quite a few other applicants told me that they hadn't realised that this course existed, and that they might have considered it if they had.
    I think that's one of the problems with 'niche' subjects. I didn't even know that Earth Sciences existed until I found it in the Oxford prospectus... and thank God for that, it changed my life! There are so many interesting small subjects like Materials Science or Human Sciences or Arch&Anth or CompSciPhil that most people haven't even heard of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Same! I remember when I was in Oxford when I was 8 or something, I 'decided' I was going to go there (probably mainly because His Dark Materials is set there). When I was in Year 10 (I think) for some reason I just started obsessively browsing the Oxford website and I remember exactly what piece of music I was listening to at that time. I replayed it when I got my offer
    That sounds amazing - to be able to play that same piece of music with an offer!

I think that's one of the problems with 'niche' subjects. I didn't even know that Earth Sciences existed until I found it in the Oxford prospectus... and thank God for that, it changed my life! There are so many interesting small subjects like Materials Science or Human Sciences or Arch&Anth or CompSciPhil that most people haven't even heard of.
    Yes, it's funny...all these subjects sound really interesting, it's a shame they're not more well known I am so glad I found Philosophy and French! It means I don't have to pick between the two It'll be really interesting to study how they interrelate in detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnina19)
    current Oxford students - are Catz and Hilda's still at war with Magdalen?
    As a Hildabeast, I like to think so

ReputationRep:
    Is it a problem if you're not on Facebook? I'm not a member and I seriously do not want to join Facebook but I don't want to miss out on any important information...
    There'll undoubtedly be the annual Offer Holders group (it expands rapidly), which can be useful for finding course/college mates and getting questions answered, but joining it certainly isn't essential. I've found Facebook to be more useful since getting here, as we have pages for JCR notices which I wouldn't otherwise see and a lot of events are only advertised on Facebook etc.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope not, I'm in the same position with facebook :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.