Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scavi2008)
    Only just got my offer today from Durham, does anyone know how long it will probably take them to let me know my allocated college?
    I got my offer in December, but had to wait until about five weeks ago for my college, but my friend got her offer about a month ago and was allocated around a week later, because they're doing the allocations regularly now! Shouldn't be long at all! What was your preference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle97)
    I got my offer in December, but had to wait until about five weeks ago for my college, but my friend got her offer about a month ago and was allocated around a week later, because they're doing the allocations regularly now! Shouldn't be long at all! What was your preference?
    Thanks so much for letting me know My preference was St Mary's but I think the majority of the colleges are really lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Only just got my offer today from Durham, does anyone know how long it will probably take them to let me know my allocated college?
    Did you get Ancient, Medieval and Modern? grade requirements boosted up to A*AA for next year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for letting me know My preference was St Mary's but I think the majority of the colleges are really lovely!
    You're welcome! Ah my best friends got put into St Mary's, they stayed overnight and said it was absolutely gorgeous! I got St. John's and its so so amazing, I think all the colleges are supposed to be, you love wherever you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    Did you get Ancient, Medieval and Modern? grade requirements boosted up to A*AA for next year.
    It was for Anthropology, but the Ancient Medieval and Modern course looks great - is that what you're planning on studying? And I think they're boosting a lot of their entry requirements as they're getting a better and better international reputation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle97)
    You're welcome! Ah my best friends got put into St Mary's, they stayed overnight and said it was absolutely gorgeous! I got St. John's and its so so amazing, I think all the colleges are supposed to be, you love wherever you go! Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's so good to hear! It's a beautiful college, I'm a sucker for more traditional uni colleges And that's true, I'm sure I'll love wherever I'm allocated.

ReputationRep:
    It was for Anthropology, but the Ancient Medieval and Modern course looks great - is that what you're planning on studying? And I think they're boosting a lot of their entry requirements as they're getting a better and better international reputation!
    Well done! I applied for it yeah, but got an offer for Ancient History instead!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I applied for it yeah, but got an offer for Ancient History instead!
    That's still an awesome course! Are you planning on firming Durham?

ReputationRep:
    That's still an awesome course! Are you planning on firming Durham?
    Thanks yeah, i love it so much. Are you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks yeah, i love it so much. Are you?
    Yeah probably, I'll be going to one of the upcoming open days first to have a look around, although I really want to find out my college first!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer but still no college application, is that normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_King)
    I've got an offer but still no college application, is that normal?
    They allocate colleges regularly now. You should hear from your college within a week 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I phoned admissions and apparently it should take up to two weeks for them to let me know my college Exciting! But hopefully they'll let me know before I visit in the holidays

ReputationRep:
    alright thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the chances of getting your first pick for college? Im a pg and am really hoping for university college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviamalona)
    Does anyone know the chances of getting your first pick for college? Im a pg and am really hoping for university college!
    Hi Castle is very popular and over-subscribed. I would say the chances are 50/50. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southernbelle123)
    Hi Castle is very popular and over-subscribed. I would say the chances are 50/50. Good luck
    Thanks! Do you have any recommendations other than castle? I have read the webpages but it's hard to get a good sense. I'd like something with ensuite accommodation and some good facilities.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Do you have any recommendations other than castle? I have read the webpages but it's hard to get a good sense. I'd like something with ensuite accommodation and some good facilities.
    Hi. Have you already applied to Durham? Because if you have you won't be able to change your choice of college.

If you haven't-Bailey colleges are way more popular than Hill Colleges, with the exception of Butler (which is a self-catering college (if that's not a contradiction in terms!)).

Hill Colleges tend to make up in facilities what they lose in character. Hill Colleges tend to be closer to Science, whilst Bailey Colleges tend to be closer to Arts.

If you want ensuite then Bailey colleges are probably a non-starter. I would probably go for the Hill college with the highest % of ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    I have already applied, and i accepted my offer yesterday. I was told I would be contacted in order to select a college. I don't remember putting down a preference on my application for the uni?

ReputationRep:
    I have already applied, and i accepted my offer yesterday. I was told I would be contacted in order to select a college. I don't remember putting down a preference on my application for the uni?
    Hi. It's probably different for postgrads than undergrads!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.