Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! Has anyone heard back from the submission of their APEL forms yet for the pgdip courses?! Sent mine ages ago now and want my conditional offer made unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I've JUST received a conditional offer for the PGDip Mental Health Nursing! Yippee!

I am about to make a start on my APEL form, but I am petrified as I have only just started working as a HCA. I worked as a Disability Employment Advisor before this, and prior to that I completed a Counselling/Psychology Degree. Do you think this would be sufficient enough for the APEL???

Thanks so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katbatt)
    Hey all! Has anyone heard back from the submission of their APEL forms yet for the pgdip courses?! Sent mine ages ago now and want my conditional offer made unconditional!
    Just about to start mine. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm still waiting for mine too! My UCAS decision deadline is on Wednesday (6th) and with the bank holiday i'm getting anxious I wont have heard anything before I have to decide!!! Ive emailed kings but got no reply. When is your UCAS deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helnrachel)
    Hello,

I have received a conditional offer for PGdip adult nursing, i've completed the APEL form and I am waiting to hear back. I will be living on the outskirts of north west London (due to money constraints) and will be commuting in. I am concerned about wether I will actually be able to make it into London on time for early shift placements, especially if they are in south/east London. I know this is all along way off but does anyone know if you can request to have your placements within a reasonable commuting distance from your accommodation to avoid logistical travel/time problems?

Also, does anyone of any additional funding that might be able to help with more central accommodation?

Thanks, Helen
    Hi, I know you can apply for the NHS student bursary, but also for a reduced maintenance loan from SFE (if you can prove you qualify for the NHS bursary) i'm getting about £3200 from them for the first year, i don't think this is as widely publicized as the NHS one.
    Hope it helps, Chloe

ReputationRep:
    Just received a conditional offer for Adult Nursing! So happy!!! 😃😃

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I sent mine two months ago now and I have still not heard anything.
    I emailed them a while ago and they said that they would not contact me unless there were any issues and if I needed to resubmit it for any reasons I could do so.

So I think no news is good news at the moment, but it is taken so much longer than they said it would.

Izzy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzleIzzy)
    Hi,

I emailed them a while ago and they said that they would not contact me unless there were any issues and if I needed to resubmit it for any reasons I could do so.

So I think no news is good news at the moment, but it is taken so much longer than they said it would.

Izzy
    Hi all,

I attended my MMI on Wednesday 29th April and was made an unconditional offer for Adult nursing on the 1st of May. Super excited! Can't wait now to get started.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Izzy
    Hey!

I sent mine around a similar time. I rang them a while ago as I had to make my decision on ucas. They said out of all of the courses that require the APEL form only once has a person not been successful with it, they said as long as the hours are signed off the offer will become unconditional. Can't wait till it is though so I know it's secure!! Are you doing Adult nursing too?

Kat

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I sent mine around a similar time. I rang them a while ago as I had to make my decision on ucas. They said out of all of the courses that require the APEL form only once has a person not been successful with it, they said as long as the hours are signed off the offer will become unconditional. Can't wait till it is though so I know it's secure!! Are you doing Adult nursing too?

Kat
    Hi Kat,

That's good to hear! I guess we can't go to far wrong then, if only one person has been unsuccessful.

I can't wait either, I want to start planning when I'm finishing work and looking for places to live but I don't want to start until its unconditional just in case.

I'm doing Children's, but I expect there will be sessions which cross over.

Do you know what you are doing accommodation wise?

Izzy

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kat,

That's good to hear! I guess we can't go to far wrong then, if only one person has been unsuccessful.

I can't wait either, I want to start planning when I'm finishing work and looking for places to live but I don't want to start until its unconditional just in case.

I'm doing Children's, but I expect there will be sessions which cross over.

Do you know what you are doing accommodation wise?

Izzy
    Hi, I've just accepted the Bsc Children's Nursing as my UCAS deadline was today and I thought I might not get a positive result on my APEL (i'm a SEN teaching assistant at the moment so not very health-based), so didn't want to take the risk of loosing all my offers if i didn't pass.
    What are you doing for accommodation? Even though i'm now doing the undergrad course i'd still like to live with older (slightly!) students. I'm 26 by the way, thinking of private housing, not halls!
    Chloe

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

Need a little help here for a friend, she got a conditional offer from Kings College London University, but the conditions is that she must submit her results within 2 weeks after the release date, however for her English language she had got a grade C, I think she's retaking that this year, she's aiming for a B or even an A but that is not stated in the conditional offer. She was asking me about what I think and I told her the best thing for you to do is phone in, its been 2 months and she is still nervous if the phone call would affect her offer. Does anyone know what would happen if that grade is not met, the course that she wants to study is adult nursing and for all nursing courses you must have a grade B.

Can someone help me out in this situation. Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Still not heard back, getting anxious as days go by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceturner89)
    Hi, I've just accepted the Bsc Children's Nursing as my UCAS deadline was today and I thought I might not get a positive result on my APEL (i'm a SEN teaching assistant at the moment so not very health-based), so didn't want to take the risk of loosing all my offers if i didn't pass.
    What are you doing for accommodation? Even though i'm now doing the undergrad course i'd still like to live with older (slightly!) students. I'm 26 by the way, thinking of private housing, not halls!
    Chloe
    Hi Chloe,

I'm looking for private accommodation as well, I have already had the halls experience when I studied my Psychology degree and because the nursing courses are intense I'm not sure I could handle living in halls again.

I'm 26 too! What area are you thinking of living in?

Izzy

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chloe,

I'm looking for private accommodation as well, I have already had the halls experience when I studied my Psychology degree and because the nursing courses are intense I'm not sure I could handle living in halls again.

I'm 26 too! What area are you thinking of living in?

Izzy
    Hi Izzy,
    Yay, I thought I was really old! Yeah I don't think studying nursing is best suited to living in halls with night shift placements and all that! I much preferred private accommodation living in a community - felt halls was a bit 'forced', does that make sense?
    I don't know London very well (I'm from Somerset) but I was thinking I would like to live no more than a 30-40 minute ish walk to uni, maybe Bermondsey, Elephant and Castle, Kennington areas??? Open to suggestions though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceturner89)
    Hi Izzy,
    Yay, I thought I was really old! Yeah I don't think studying nursing is best suited to living in halls with night shift placements and all that! I much preferred private accommodation living in a community - felt halls was a bit 'forced', does that make sense?
    I don't know London very well (I'm from Somerset) but I was thinking I would like to live no more than a 30-40 minute ish walk to uni, maybe Bermondsey, Elephant and Castle, Kennington areas??? Open to suggestions though
    Hi Chloe,

You aren't to far away from me, I'm from Clevedon (North Somerset).

Yep that does make sense, I enjoyed my second and third year more at Uni because I was living away from the campus bubble.

I've been using student spare room to look at places as you can search by the university you are studying at and a lot of avaliable flats are in elephant and castle. I don't know London very well either and I'm not sure whether Kings had a service to help students find private accomodation or whether we need to do it ourselves?

Izzy

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chloe,

You aren't to far away from me, I'm from Clevedon (North Somerset).

Yep that does make sense, I enjoyed my second and third year more at Uni because I was living away from the campus bubble.

I've been using student spare room to look at places as you can search by the university you are studying at and a lot of avaliable flats are in elephant and castle. I don't know London very well either and I'm not sure whether Kings had a service to help students find private accomodation or whether we need to do it ourselves?

Izzy
    Yeah Clevedon is not far, I live near Wellington.
    I've looked at student spare room too, but its hard to tell whats available as its all listed as available now or next month. I've also been looking at University of London Housing Services website, you can view listed properties (but need to register to view in-depth details, photos etc. i've emailed to get a registration password) as its aimed at students i hope they are furnished. There aren't many one room only available, mostly 2 -6 bed properties, so you need to have a group sorted first, but they look ok - many near elephant and castle and kennington.
    Would you like to carry on this conversation on facebook? I'm Chloe Elizabeth Turner.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm filling out this accommodation form, it's only giving me the option to study at Waterloo & Strand or Guy's. Mental Health Nursing is studied at Waterloo and Guy's?

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    This APEL form is driving me crazy. It estimates that it takes 2 hours to complete, however I have been spending days on mine! Starting to think I've gone into way too much detail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJazzles)
    This APEL form is driving me crazy. It estimates that it takes 2 hours to complete, however I have been spending days on mine! Starting to think I've gone into way too much detail...
    Mine took ages as well, definitely not two hours of work! I think my examples for each were a good paragraph or two, but I spent ages adjusting things and making it more concise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.