Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyannette)
    Still no email for me either.
    Called the residence team earlier today and found out that they were not aware that my offer turned unconditional a few weeks ago so they did not have any accommodation offer for me until I called them. They then discovered the updated status of my profile.
    The staff from the team told me that she would try allocating me into a residence yet at the same time suggested me to start finding housing from private sector 'just in case'.
    Tbh, I'm quite dissappointed at what had happened as I applied everything on time. If they update the database of the students before the allocation process, I may have given an offer in the first round.
    So if there's anyone out there who has their offer turned unconditional within these four weeks and haven't received any offer yet, you better give the team a call.
    Yeah, that's why I wasn't on the first list. My offer became unconditional only last week. It's annoying because they said that people who had unconditional offers or confirmed conditional offers are eligible to apply. I assumed that those who held conditional offers would also get accommodation on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alistair0505)
    Greetings from Hong Kong
    greeting from Hk too I've just got an offer from angel lane

ReputationRep:
    MPH student from Hong Kong Just got offer from Angel lane

ReputationRep:
    Me English in Education =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alistair0505)
    Me English in Education =)
    Where r u staying at? Angel lane as well?

ReputationRep:
    So good to see you, ffffllloo. After so many competitions, from gaining admission to accommodation allocation, I am happy that we finally go through these.

Yea I will live in Angel Lane, and my classes will be at Waterloo. When will you arrive at Heathrow? I will be there in 13 September, 5:30 am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verychair)
    Hello, I got an offer for twin at Nutford (£132.30 per week only!) and would like to swap for a single room/ studio (ensuite or non-ensuite is fine) in any intercollegiate hall. Thanks!
    Hello,

I've been allocated Ewen Henderson Court ( single Ensuite-room , £154/week). A bit too far from my campus though ( Strand Campus ). Anyone at Great Dover/Julian Markham/Stamford Street/Nutford willing to swap ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s3245)
    Hello,

I've been allocated Ewen Henderson Court ( single Ensuite-room , £154/week). A bit too far from my campus though ( Strand Campus ). Anyone at Great Dover/Julian Markham/Stamford Street/Nutford willing to swap ?
    I have been allotted a single ensuite at College Hall which is over my budget. I'm looking for a single room within proximity to the Strand Campus (600-700pcm). Any leads would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have been given a large ensuite at Champion Hill residence. However, I'm a medical student and the accommodation is MUCH TOO FAR. I was hoping to see if anyone would be willing to swap my room with a room at Julian Markham?
    Please let me know! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piano_Player)
    Yeah, that's why I wasn't on the first list. My offer became unconditional only last week. It's annoying because they said that people who had unconditional offers or confirmed conditional offers are eligible to apply. I assumed that those who held conditional offers would also get accommodation on time.
    Have you received any offer yet? I still haven't got any news from the team yet. They said the offer should be made by 4pm today. I guess I have to turn to private accommodation : (

ReputationRep:
    Have you received any offer yet? I still haven't got any news from the team yet. They said the offer should be made by 4pm today. I guess I have to turn to private accommodation : (
    Nothing so far. I hope we get our offers by tonight. I've tried to access the accommodation portal and it's still saying that I'm not allowed.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing so far. I hope we get our offers by tonight. I've tried to access the accommodation portal and it's still saying that I'm not allowed.
    I have been trying to call the accommodation office. Waited for an hour and still no one is picking up. Let's have our fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to call the accommodation office. Waited for an hour and still no one is picking up. Let's have our fingers crossed.
    Just got an email saying that my offer is on the way. You should probably get one too.

ReputationRep:
    UGH, I just got an offer for Angel Lane which isn't even in my top 5 preferences, too far from the Strand campus, self-catered and way beyond my budget! They had asked me if I wanted a room there and I said that I wasn't interested. Anyone willing to swap for an Intercollegiate Hall single or single ensuite room? I'm cool with anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted for MA Medical Ethics and Law, doing the part time course though because I don't want to give up my job! And the course is also very relevant for my work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Just accepted for MA Medical Ethics and Law, doing the part time course though because I don't want to give up my job! And the course is also very relevant for my work
    That sounds very interesting! What job do you do, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'll be doing Transnational Law LLM, really looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anybody picked or know someone who has picked a residence offered under UoL's Student Homes scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdz)
    Hi, has anybody picked or know someone who has picked a residence offered under UoL's Student Homes scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied to three places but haven't got a room yet. Most of them are fully booked

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to three places but haven't got a room yet. Most of them are fully booked
    Check out Key House! New addition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdz)
    Check out Key House! New addition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have a link? Can't find it on Google.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.